The "official" Yamaha RX-V673 thread. 7.2-Channel Network AVR - Page 129 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 48Likes

post #3841 of 3861 Old 09-27-2016, 03:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2127 Post(s)
Liked: 1766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto Kruusmann View Post
Doesnt have nothing. Also yes. In my uncles place it was quiet. No pops and no hums. Nothing. Only bass.
Someone told me that if it also would be AVR then it should be quiet and no sound at all. Is that so? I cant figure out what to try next to be sure what makes this pop and low bass...
Try your uncles sub or avr.
ChromeJob likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3842 of 3861 Old 09-27-2016, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 197
If all else fails, try a new uncle!

Setup: Epson 5040 UB, 110" SilverTicket AT screen, PS3 bluray, Yamaha RX-V673 AVR, Polk and Athena speakers, Batcave room.
The Moderno Theatre! Slideshow (here!)
Pixar screenplay slideshows here!
post #3843 of 3861 Old 10-21-2016, 12:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Has anyone had success in having the RX-V673 stream music services like Pandora when outside of the USA.

I'm in Australia and I've never seen the option for Pandora/Rhapsody. (Internet radio works fine)

I stumbled on a Pandora supplement that indicates "Pandora service is available in the U.S.A., Australia and New Zealand only". But then a few paragraphs down says it's only available in USA.
download.yamaha.com/api/asset/file/?language=en&site=au.yamaha.com&asset_id=59637

I just upgraded to the 1.96 firmware in case the licencing may now have opened up to countries outside the USA, but no luck.

Anyone got Pandora working outside USA ?

Thanks.
post #3844 of 3861 Old 10-22-2016, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey all,

When I'm watching something hooked up to my receiver, the edges of the video are just slightly cut off. All 4 edges are cut off a little bit. Is there any way to adjust the edges of this? It doesn't matter what the input is, be it my PC or my Roku via HDMI, the edges are cut off.

When i'm viewing stuff through my TV's smart features everything looks fine, no cutoff at all. Only when it's hooked up through the receiver.
post #3845 of 3861 Old 10-22-2016, 02:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze9 View Post
Hey all,

When I'm watching something hooked up to my receiver, the edges of the video are just slightly cut off. All 4 edges are cut off a little bit. Is there any way to adjust the edges of this? It doesn't matter what the input is, be it my PC or my Roku via HDMI, the edges are cut off.

When i'm viewing stuff through my TV's smart features everything looks fine, no cutoff at all. Only when it's hooked up through the receiver.
Look at your tv settings.
ChromeJob likes this.
post #3846 of 3861 Old 11-11-2016, 07:46 AM

Liked: 10
Ok, may be asked before. My 673 was stored in a spare bedroom and then hooked up today to a Panasonic LCD tv via hdmi. Correctvtv input and receiver hdmi selected and can only get the yellow wallpaper to show with PS3 AND a smart DVD player. I have tried all hdmis but the front. Any help is appreciated, very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3847 of 3861 Old 11-11-2016, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Try a different HDMI cable and different HDMI inputs on the Panasonic.

Sent from my Nexus 5X
Slammed925 likes this.
post #3848 of 3861 Old 11-11-2016, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusttones View Post
I'm in the same boat with my Samsung JU-7100 > FireTV >Yamaha RX-V673. According to THIS article by Cruthfield, a firmware update can't make HDMI ports HDCP 2.2 compliant ... it needs a hardware update. Ugh.

awesome. so I currently have a 1080p TV and I was looking into upgrading to a 4k TV. Right now I have PS4/Roku -> Yamaha -> TV. If that setup will no longer work, will PS4/Roku -> TV -> Yamaha work?
post #3849 of 3861 Old 11-12-2016, 03:11 PM

The "official" Yamaha RX-V673 thread. 7.2-Channel Network AVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cla55clown View Post

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Would I still get the yellow wallpaper if hdmi was not compatible? Sometimes it flashes black like wants to load. I know my PS3 and BD both aren't bad! Lol

I will dig around for another hdmi, ordered current 15ft off eBay so wouldn't be surprised if the culprit.

post #3850 of 3861 Old 11-13-2016, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cla55clown View Post

Sent from my Nexus 5X

I left the surge protector off for an hour and everything worked. Was starting to think the tv hdmi was fried!

post #3851 of 3861 Old 11-18-2016, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Pandora "Access Error"

Suddenly, my stereo says "Access Error" anytime I try to do anything with Pandora. Other network stuff works fine so it's not the network. I even tried a factory reset, which is a big pain in the butt. When I try to switch accounts, add an account, remove an account or just play music, they all say "Access Error".

Am I the only one? Any ideas?
post #3852 of 3861 Old 11-18-2016, 07:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulcc View Post
Suddenly, my stereo says "Access Error" anytime I try to do anything with Pandora. Other network stuff works fine so it's not the network. I even tried a factory reset, which is a big pain in the butt. When I try to switch accounts, add an account, remove an account or just play music, they all say "Access Error".

If you have the latest firmware youre probably screwed. Its happened to me many times with Yamaha receivers. An update usually fixes it for a while.
ChromeJob likes this.
post #3853 of 3861 Old 11-18-2016, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulcc View Post

Yep, it's doing that on mine too. I heard some Denons having problems with Pandora as well.
post #3854 of 3861 Old 11-18-2016, 09:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Pandora probably just did some sort of update and now some older receivers are not compatible anymore.
Ive had that error at some point on all of my Yamaha receivers over the years.
post #3855 of 3861 Old 11-19-2016, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Any one know for certain what the '4K' option in the Setup > Video >Video mode > Processing >Resolution menu does? It looks like it's for 4K upconverted output but I am not sure. I thought this AVR was supposed to be incapable of 4K. F/w 1.96.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	1778137  

..just the beginning..
post #3856 of 3861 Old 11-19-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmovies View Post
awesome. so I currently have a 1080p TV and I was looking into upgrading to a 4k TV. Right now I have PS4/Roku -> Yamaha -> TV. If that setup will no longer work, will PS4/Roku -> TV -> Yamaha work?
Yes it will. That's what I have set up right now: Cable/Xbox/AppleTV ---> TV --HDMI/ARC--> V673. Important point, though, I set it up like this not because of HDCP 2.2, but to be able to control everything with my Samsung KS8000 TV's remote, via CEC/Anynet.

Ask yourself, are you really going to be in dire need of HDCP 2.2 support in your AVR with your current set up? Is your PS4/Roku 4K capable? As far as I know, HDCP 2.2 will only be needed for copy-protected 4K content passing thru the AVR, e.g. 4K DVD player, PS4 Pro, etc. I don't have any of that, and the only 4K content I enjoy comes from the Netflix/Amazon clients built into the Smart TV. So, I am not about to go out and spend money to replace my perfectly functioning v673 any time soon. YMMV.

..just the beginning..
post #3857 of 3861 Old 11-22-2016, 12:13 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
SOLVED!!

Yamaha support sent me the following firmware upgrade instructions:

(okay, I'm pissed... the counter-productive forum rules prevent me from pasting this link, so I have to make it harder to use.)

You most likely need to update the receiver's firmware. Start by downloading the latest update from our website:

https yamahafiles.egnyte.com /dl/abRIhBqr70
Password: zBSN8u5B
Filename: R0309-0196.bin

Next, insert a USB flash memory stick into your computer, and format the drive to FAT32. This will completely erase the drive, so be sure to save any important documents you might have stored on it. On a windows machine, you can right-click the drive and select "Format". Check the "quick format" box, and set the file system to FAT32. After formatting, drag "R0309-0196.bin" onto the drive. You can then eject the drive and bring it to the receiver.

Here is the process for a USB update:

1) Turn off the receiver
2) On the front panel, press and hold 'STRAIGHT', and turn on the receiver while holding the button
3) Press the 'PROGRAM' L/R button until "Update USB" is displayed
4) Insert the USB, then press 'INFO' to begin the update.

The update will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Wait until the receiver shows "UPDATE SUCCESSFUL". You can then power cycle the receiver and disconnect the USB. Let us know if this does not fix it.
post #3858 of 3861 Old 11-24-2016, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Pandora has also stopped working. About a month now. I have a Samsung smart tv with the Pandora App I just play the Pandora using my TV it is actually a little better visually than the Yamaha Pandora.

While I'm here I was wondering if anyone out there has this problem. When I power up my system using a Logitech smart remote everything turns on the sound comes on but after about 15 seconds or so the sound goes out. I have to hit the command again whatever it is I'm doing either music TV or DVD and then the sound comes on again and everything is fine. Its been like this since day one about 3 years now

Last edited by Wharf Rat; 11-24-2016 at 08:46 AM.
post #3859 of 3861 Old 11-24-2016, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 135
I used the 673 for a couple of years before upgrading to a Denon X6200 with a Harmony 880 and it never behaved this way. Try changing the power on order to TV-Receiver-Source.
post #3860 of 3861 Old Today, 09:58 AM

Hello, I currently have the Yamaha RX-V673 connected to my TV serving as the amplifier. I have a PC as a source connected via HDMI to the amp, and then from there a single HDMI out to the TV (Samsung UE55F8000) I have bluray content on my PC that I wish to view on my TV. When I connect as above, the picture appears to be degraded. However when I connect my PC to my TV directly the video quality is the expected bluray quality. As the video quality is not in doubt from PC to TV directly through HDMI, it appears there is a setting I need to correct on the amp in order to play both video (bluray quality) and audio (DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby etc) Please can you advise what settings I need to correct on the amplifier in order to drive the correct video and audio quality? Thanks
post #3861 of 3861 Old Today, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbauer2016 View Post
Hello, I currently have the Yamaha RX-V673 connected to my TV serving as the amplifier. I have a PC as a source connected via HDMI to the amp, and then from there a single HDMI out to the TV (Samsung UE55F8000) I have bluray content on my PC that I wish to view on my TV. When I connect as above, the picture appears to be degraded. However when I connect my PC to my TV directly the video quality is the expected bluray quality. As the video quality is not in doubt from PC to TV directly through HDMI, it appears there is a setting I need to correct on the amp in order to play both video (bluray quality) and audio (DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby etc) Please can you advise what settings I need to correct on the amplifier in order to drive the correct video and audio quality? Thanks
You may have already done this; but press 'On Screen' on your remote, go to Setup > Video >Video mode > Processing >Resolution and check to make sure that is set to 1080p; or try 'Through'.

..just the beginning..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
firmware update , pandora , Yamaha Rx V673 Receiver
Gear in this thread