The "official" Yamaha RX-V673 thread. 7.2-Channel Network AVR - Page 131 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 274Likes

post #3901 of 3906 Old 08-29-2017, 03:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1216 Post(s)
Liked: 641
Send a message via Yahoo to ChromeJob Send a message via Skype™ to ChromeJob
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWIII View Post
Well I started this thread 5 years ago. Doesn't seem that long. We had a power outage (here in the floods of Houston). Power came back on last night. I now have no HDMI output. Tried everything I can think of including a front panel factory reset. Nada. Bypass the receiver and run HDMI straight from my DirecTV to my Samsung Smart TV with mini HDMI box and everything works fine. No onscreen display (obviously since the TV is not seeing and HDMI input). Any suggestions? Also what do you guys recommend for a replacement. Plan to stay with Yamaha. Need 4K but would like not to spend $500.00 plus again.
Sorry to hear of your woes, SE TX is getting thrashed. I worked in Houston for a year or so at the USCG Port Safety Station (Galena Park).

Costcos still have the TSR-7810 (RX-v781) for $489 if you're interested. Should be getting the newer model (TSR-4830?) soon. I'd say a 779 or 781 model from Accessories4less ought do fine, and you could get a bargain. UNLESS you have Dolby Vision on your near horizon, in which case you want a high end 2016 RX-A or 2017 model.

“He couldn't sign his name any faster than he could duck.”
Are ya new here? Please read FAQs and forum stickies. Like posts that help you. Don't ask a question and then disappear. You will RTFM, even if I have to shame you into doing it.
A: Yamaha RX-V775. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Samsung UN40ES6150, Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3902 of 3906 Old 09-29-2017, 05:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Yamaha amp cutting out

I have a 4yr old Yamaha AV receiver RX V673 connected to a 7 speaker 2-zone Bose (model 191) system. The sound would cut out for a few seconds and then come back on. The problem got worse and worse often with a small 'pop' sound at the speakers. Muting and unmuting the system could recover the sound but eventually it died completely with no sound. Picture on TV was fine. I had the amp repaired (they replaced a part, $98) but now the problem is starting again. I did the YPAO test and the 1.5V battery check on each speaker and all appears normal. Does anyone have any suggestions please.
Thanks
Rob
post #3903 of 3906 Old 09-29-2017, 05:10 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by dempster View Post
I have a 4yr old Yamaha AV receiver RX V673 connected to a 7 speaker 2-zone Bose (model 191) system. The sound would cut out for a few seconds and then come back on. The problem got worse and worse often with a small 'pop' sound at the speakers. Muting and unmuting the system could recover the sound but eventually it died completely with no sound. Picture on TV was fine. I had the amp repaired (they replaced a part, $98) but now the problem is starting again. I did the YPAO test and the 1.5V battery check on each speaker and all appears normal. Does anyone have any suggestions please.
Thanks
Rob

My suggestion is you need a new receiver! Seriously, though... and the other thing is it sounds like you were overpowering your amp with too much wattage from all your speakers.

Last edited by SuperFist; 09-29-2017 at 05:24 AM.

post #3904 of 3906 Old 09-29-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFist View Post
My suggestion is you need a new receiver! Seriously, though... and the other thing is it sounds like you were overpowering your amp with too much wattage from all your speakers.
But why would it work fine for 4 years with the same setup? The Amp was purchased to drive a 2 zone, 7+2 speaker system.
post #3905 of 3906 Old 09-30-2017, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1216 Post(s)
Liked: 641
Send a message via Yahoo to ChromeJob Send a message via Skype™ to ChromeJob
When was the $98 repair done? Perhaps they fixed a symptom (burnt out component) but not the root cause.
post #3906 of 3906 Old 09-30-2017, 08:08 PM

The repair was just a week ago. They say they ran it in the shop but after a week the problem had come back. I was thinking the same as you, they fixed a symptom but not the root cause.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
firmware update , pandora , sound dropping out , Yamaha Rx V673 Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page