The "official" Yamaha RX-V673 thread. 7.2-Channel Network AVR - Page 88 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2611 of 3492 Old 11-14-2013, 05:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo View Post

I have the 773 model but since i easily found this thread and I doubt theirs a difference, can anyone tell me if you can set manual lip sync delay per input source?

As of right now I can set a delay but it alters the delay for each input.

If this is not normal behavior im sure it worked a month or so ago. All I can think of is i recently sold my speakers and went through an upgrade process, so at one point i disabled all my speakers except for 2 I had remaining, I cant imagine this doing anything but its when I noticed the issue, I added back all my other speakers, and re-ran yapo tonight, everything is working properly but the lipsync delay is still universal, when i adjust one input, it effects the other input and i did not think it was always like this.
You can only enable or disable it per input. The actual setting in ms is universal.
Here is a link to the 773 thread.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1449409/the-official-yamaha-rx-v773-thread/330#post_23943357

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2612 of 3492 Old 11-14-2013, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkRationally View Post

I don't think the lip sync delay is tied to an input, so I believe the behavior you're seeing is expected. TV is the only input I have that experiences lip sync issues, and it varies by channel and even by the show. In my case, I need to adjust it for whatever I'm watching anyway, so having a setting just for the TV input wouldn't help in my case. It might still be a nice feature, though, for those who use Netflix or other sources that experience lip sync issues. Let me know you discover that I'm wrong smile.gif
Is there an easy way to control lip sync on the fly without having to dig through a series of menus while watching a TV show? Thanks.
post #2613 of 3492 Old 11-14-2013, 02:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emileg View Post

Is there an easy way to control lip sync on the fly without having to dig through a series of menus while watching a TV show? Thanks.
No

post #2614 of 3492 Old 11-14-2013, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:

Not with the standard remote, but you can probably do it through the web browser interface. using the special URL for setup (add "/setup/" after the IP address of your receiver).
post #2615 of 3492 Old 11-14-2013, 07:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post

Not with the standard remote, but you can probably do it through the web browser interface. using the special URL for setup (add "/setup/" after the IP address of your receiver).
Thats a good idea.

post #2616 of 3492 Old 11-15-2013, 12:44 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
mY 673 IS NOT PASSING AUDIO WHEN IT IS OFF, Any thoughts. It has been doing just fine up until now. My PC/PS3/ doesn't but uverse does.
post #2617 of 3492 Old 11-15-2013, 03:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaidonjin View Post

mY 673 IS NOT PASSING AUDIO WHEN IT IS OFF, Any thoughts. It has been doing just fine up until now. My PC/PS3/ doesn't but uverse does.
Try switching the PS3 and uverse in the back of the 673 and see what happens.
kwaidonjin likes this.

post #2618 of 3492 Old 11-15-2013, 09:48 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Try switching the PS3 and uverse in the back of the 673 and see what happens.

i DID THE AUDIO OUT SETTINGS ON THE ps3 AND IT WORKED. iT WON'T PASS ALL THOSE DIFFERENT AUDIO CODECS TO MY PANASONIC TV. i GUESS BEFOR i WATCH A BLU RAY i WILL JUST HAVE TO DO THE AUTOMATIC AUDIO FROM THE PS3 WITH THE YAMAHA ON. SORRY ABOUT THE ALL CAPS. TOO LAZY TO RETYPE.
post #2619 of 3492 Old 11-16-2013, 07:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

post #2620 of 3492 Old 11-16-2013, 11:59 AM

Liked: 10

I purchased and setup my RX-V673 about three weeks ago and I have two questions for the forum that Yamaha customer service could not answer:

1) I have some audio files on a USB storage device. The files were purchased on iTunes and are m4a file type (MPEG-4). When I plug the storage device into the USB port, the AVR will not play those audio files. I have some older files that are MP3 and those play just fine, but that doesn't really help me because all of my newer files on iTunes are formatted for m4a. Since the manual says that MPEG-4 file types are supported, I am confused as to why my files won't play. Does anyone know the answer as to why they won't play? Does the AVR not support m4a? Or do I possibly have a defective USB port on my unit?

2) I have a Verizon Fios STB and Samsung UN60F7050AF 60" LED TV hooked up to my RX-V673 via high-speed HDMI cables. The TV is ARC-ready and I have that feature enabled on both the AVR and TV. I can use the Fios remote or the Samsung Smart remote to power up (or power down) all thee units at the same time. I like that when I turn on the Smart TV and start using apps, the RX-V673 recognizes this and automatically switches the audio from HDMI-2 (for cable) to AV-4 (for the Smart TV apps); when I exit the apps, it automatically switches back to HDMI-2 for the cable input. However, when I first turn on all of the units, the AVR, STB and TV all power up and I hear the sound through HDMI-2 for about 5 seconds. Then the STB powers down ... so I hit the button to turn it back on ... and then, another few seconds later the AVR switches the audio to AV-4. Which means that I then have to hit the HDMI-2 button to switch the audio back for STB viewing. Does anyone know why this happens each time I turn the units on? And, more importantly, is there a way to fix this?

Thanks for your help,

Mike (New member and first time poster)

post #2621 of 3492 Old 11-16-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thats a good idea.
Thank you for your suggestions regarding my question as to whether there is an easy way to control the lip sync delay on the fly while watching a TV show. I didn't even know that the receiver had a web browser interface. We learn something new every day. However, it gave me the idea of checking to see whether we could use the Yamaha Receiver iPhone or iPad app, which I do have. Many features can be controlled on the fly while watching a TV show without interrupting the picture using the menu. So far, I haven't yet found a way to control lip sync on the app, but i will continue to look and report back if I find something. Again, I appreciate your input.
post #2622 of 3492 Old 11-16-2013, 04:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

The web browser interface is much more comprehensive than the app.

post #2623 of 3492 Old 11-16-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:

The web browser interface is much more comprehensive than the app.
How does one access the web browser interface? Thanks.
post #2624 of 3492 Old 11-16-2013, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

For the basic interface, just type the IP address of your receiver (e.g. 192.168.1.10) into the address bar of a web browser. Of course you must have plugged the receiver into your network!

For the more complete interface, add /setup/ (e.g. 192.168.1.10/setup/). The last "'/" may not be needed.
post #2625 of 3492 Old 11-16-2013, 06:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

How does one access the web browser interface? Thanks.
Type in the web address of your 673 plus /setup in the search window of your computer. Example 192.168.1.2/setup

post #2626 of 3492 Old 11-17-2013, 04:53 AM

Quote:

For the basic interface, just type the IP address of your receiver (e.g. 192.168.1.10) into the address bar of a web browser. Of course you must have plugged the receiver into your network!

For the more complete interface, add /setup/ (e.g. 192.168.1.10/setup/). The last "'/" may not be needed.

Quote:

Type in the web address of your 673 plus /setup in the search window of your computer. Example 192.168.1.2/setup
Thanks guys. I am almost there! My unit is connected to my home wifi network. It is nowhere near an Ethernet connection. Do I use the Default Gateway address? (The IP address doesn't work.) It is asking for a login and password. I don't recall setting one up for this receiver. Do I use my wifi network password here?
post #2627 of 3492 Old 11-17-2013, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

You want the IP address of the 673. To get that, press ON SCREEN, then Information, then find the Network information. The IP address will be listed. If you're using a wireless connection you must have added some kind of adapter, because it doesn't have wi-fi built in, and you will have entered your network password into the 673. After that you don't need a password to use the web browser interface.
post #2628 of 3492 Old 11-17-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:

You want the IP address of the 673. To get that, press ON SCREEN, then Information, then find the Network information. The IP address will be listed. If you're using a wireless connection you must have added some kind of adapter, because it doesn't have wi-fi built in, and you will have entered your network password into the 673. After that you don't need a password to use the web browser interface.
I was able to find the IP address (192.168.1.21). When I enter it in the browser, nothing happens. When I enter the Default Gateway address 192.168.1.1 I get Authentication Required with a Login and Password. You are correct. I am connected to wifi with an external device. However, I used the the button method to connect to the router, pressing buttons on both the wifi adapter and the router. No password required. I tried to enter the name of the network for the Login and the network password and I get kicked back to Authentication Required. Then I used the default "admin" and "password" to log in to the router and I got a 404 Not Found error.

I appreciate you sticking with me on this, but I am beginning to think it is not worth the effort. However, I do see it now as an intellectual challenge.
post #2629 of 3492 Old 11-17-2013, 02:12 PM

Anyone have this receiver and use the AV Controller app with it ?

I have troubles getting to connect. I seem to always have to go into set up, network and turn things on and off and manual ip then network standy etc etc and then finally somehow, it recognises the receiver.

Just having the network standby set to on, as it says in the app, doesn't seem to work.

Anyone else use this or have some issue or help ?
post #2630 of 3492 Old 11-17-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisg75 View Post

I have troubles getting to connect. I seem to always have to go into set up, network and turn things on and off and manual ip then network standy etc etc and then finally somehow, it recognises the receiver.

Just having the network standby set to on, as it says in the app, doesn't seem to work.

I have noticed that the receiver has to be turned on in order to use the iPhone or iPad app. The app can turn off the receiver, but not turn it on. I am not sure if this addresses your question.
post #2631 of 3492 Old 11-17-2013, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:

I use the app on my HTC One and Galaxy2 tablet with no problems. My receiver is wired to router.
post #2632 of 3492 Old 11-17-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:

I have noticed that the receiver has to be turned on in order to use the iPhone or iPad app. The app can turn off the receiver, but not turn it on. I am not sure if this addresses your question.

I thought I remember that when I first got things working, I could turn it off and then back on as well no problem. But I seem to have trouble finding the receiver even hen it is on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

I use the app on my HTC One and Galaxy2 tablet with no problems. My receiver is wired to router.

My receiver is connected direct to wireless router via network cable also so not sure what the problem is.
post #2633 of 3492 Old 11-17-2013, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I thought I remember that when I first got things working, I could turn it off and then back on as well no problem. But I seem to have trouble finding the receiver even hen it is on.
My receiver is connected direct to wireless router via network cable also so not sure what the problem is.
Network sharing turned on at receiver? My app turns unit on and off. Sorry couldn't be more help.
post #2634 of 3492 Old 11-17-2013, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:

No, the app can turn it on as well, as someone else noted. I believe the AVR must have Network Standby set to On.

I initially had a hard time getting the AVR to be continually recognized on my network. Sometimes it was there for Airplay and for the phone app, and sometimes it wasn't. Mostly it wasn't. I had to enter the IP to get the phone app to work, which I didn't like doing on a DHCP network (although it maintained the same IP for the most part). I was running my network through my ISP-provided wireless router/modem. I bought a new wireless router, and in the 6 or so months since I did that it hasn't failed to be recognized even once (looking for some wood to knock on).

I have a 773, but I'm fairly sure they are the same in this respect.
post #2635 of 3492 Old 11-17-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

Network sharing turned on at receiver? My app turns unit on and off. Sorry couldn't be more help.

I know network standby is on but not sure about network sharing. Will have to check that when I get home. Its just strange that I get things connected and then later I have to g through turning things on and off to get it to register again somehow.
post #2636 of 3492 Old 11-17-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkRationally View Post

No, the app can turn it on as well, as someone else noted. I believe the AVR must have Network Standby set to On.

I initially had a hard time getting the AVR to be continually recognized on my network. Sometimes it was there for Airplay and for the phone app, and sometimes it wasn't. Mostly it wasn't. I had to enter the IP to get the phone app to work, which I didn't like doing on a DHCP network (although it maintained the same IP for the most part). I was running my network through my ISP-provided wireless router/modem. I bought a new wireless router, and in the 6 or so months since I did that it hasn't failed to be recognized even once (looking for some wood to knock on).

I have a 773, but I'm fairly sure they are the same in this respect.

Yeah that is the problem I am having. When I go into the network section to get the ip address and put it in the app it still doesn't do anything, the app shows the IP address up with an exclamation mark in a triangle. Not sure about the DHCP stuff though......
post #2637 of 3492 Old 11-17-2013, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I know network standby is on but not sure about network sharing. Will have to check that when I get home. Its just strange that I get things connected and then later I have to g through turning things on and off to get it to register again somehow.
My bad.It is network standby.Sorry for misinformation
post #2638 of 3492 Old 11-17-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:

Yeah that is the problem I am having. When I go into the network section to get the ip address and put it in the app it still doesn't do anything, the app shows the IP address up with an exclamation mark in a triangle. Not sure about the DHCP stuff though......

DHCP is with regard to your network setup. If you don't know whether it's DHCP, then it probably is. It just means that the router assigns IPs as required, instead of setting specific IP's for each device. Generally, though, under DHCP devices will get the same address each time, and if the AVR is on network standby it should maintain its IP anyway. Network admin types, feel free to step in and correct me if I'm wrong.

It's hard to say what your problem is. I'm starting to suspect that these AVRs play better with some routers than with others. I bought a Netgear, and it's worked ever since. Prior to that it was giving me fits. I have it hard wired to the router.
post #2639 of 3492 Old 11-18-2013, 12:14 PM

Firmware looks to hopefully have fixed the issues. Thanks for everyones help. Probably should check firmware first up lol
post #2640 of 3492 Old 11-18-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:

Firmware looks to hopefully have fixed the issues. Thanks for everyones help. Probably should check firmware first up lol

Glad to hear it. I updated the firmware as one of the first tasks I did (partly because I read that if you do it a certain way you brick your AVR, so I wanted to make sure I was within the return period). It didn't solve my issues, but it's good if you're now up and working.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V673 Receiver
Gear in this thread - V673 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page