AVS Forum banner

The "official" Yamaha RX-V673 thread. 7.2-Channel Network AVR

715K views 4K replies 728 participants last post by  evanbutson 
#1 ·
#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/21970760

Looks like it adds Airplay and 4K video scaler. But what's up with the cheap spring clips on the back?

Do you need those new features? If not, the RX-V671 is a much better buy.

v671 has spring clips for Zone 2 as well, I believe. I don't like that they removed the front RCA audio jacks. I don't know how often I'd use them anymore, but it just seems like an odd move.

#6 ·
Good luck on finding a RX-V671 for cheap. My dealer ran them for $340 and now they're gone so I went with a Denon AVR-2312Ci. My RX-A710 was defective out of the box. New A710 would not ship for weeks. I don't trust they'll ever ship. Took advantage of cheap price on the AVR-2312Ci. New RX-V673 has every thing that everyone complaining about lacking in the RX-V671. For this class of receiver, that's great.

#7 ·
Anyone already knows what the difference is between the 773 and this one? Wondering if it's worth the 100 bucks price difference...

EDIT: i found a comparison on the USA website from Yamaha, but it seems there's a 200 bucks pricegap. And i'm a noob when it comes to these things, but i cannot seem to find a BIG difference between the 2 machines? Atleast nothing that could explain the pricegap?

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma1970 /forum/post/21974297

Anyone already knows what the difference is between the 773 and this one? Wondering if it's worth the 100 bucks price difference...

EDIT: i found a comparison on the USA website from Yamaha, but it seems there's a 200 bucks pricegap. And i'm a noob when it comes to these things, but i cannot seem to find a BIG difference between the 2 machines? Atleast nothing that could explain the pricegap?

773 has a wifi adapter, extra HDMI out, and analog pre-outs.

#10 ·
BTW, if you look at the wireless adapter Yamaha is offering, it's basically the same thing as a WiFi game bridge that you can buy for under $100. Many places sell them for Bluray players that only have an ethernet and those are usually between $40 and $60 so don't think this is a must. However for the price, that includes the wireless bridge, the Yamaha RX-V773WA is a pretty decent buy.

#11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolMETAL /forum/post/21977326

BTW, if you look at the wireless adapter Yamaha is offering, it's basically the same thing as a WiFi game bridge that you can buy for under $100. Many places sell them for Bluray players that only have an ethernet and those are usually between $40 and $60 so don't think this is a must. However for the price, that includes the wireless bridge, the Yamaha RX-V773WA is a pretty decent buy.

Is the 673 a decent buy to be "future" proof, or are there other easy-to-use AVR that are in the same pricerange, but are more future-proof? Where do you need to pay attention to for that matter?

#12 ·
Really wondering if anyone sees an advantage to the V673 over the V473 if I don't need 7.2 support. My current setup is a 5.1 and I don't see myself changing it any time soon and the V473 seems to have enough HDMIs for me.

Otherwise, I am having a hard time detecting major differences.

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by samualcc /forum/post/21980111

Really wondering if anyone sees an advantage to the V673 over the V473 if I don't need 7.2 support. My current setup is a 5.1 and I don't see myself changing it any time soon and the V473 seems to have enough HDMIs for me.

Otherwise, I am having a hard time detecting major differences.
http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio..._&mode=compare

#14 ·
From the Other Notable Advanced Features section, can anyone confirm that Audio input assign capability for HDMI and component video input means that i can assign one of the optical or coaxial audio inputs to one of the hdmi inputs?

I ask because i have a macmini media centre that would require such a setup (Late 2009 model has mini-displayport out, but video only).

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm00thArsenal /forum/post/21987265

From the Other Notable Advanced Features section, can anyone confirm that Audio input assign capability for HDMI and component video input means that i can assign one of the optical or coaxial audio inputs to one of the hdmi inputs?

I ask because i have a macmini media centre that would require such a setup (Late 2009 model has mini-displayport out, but video only).

Exactly. Same feature exists in current model, so that would work fine.

#16 ·
I've never owned an AV receiver so I have one question for you guys: how quick this receiver (or 671, I suppose is the same) switch from HDMI input source ? Is it instantly or is it a some delay ? Because when I switch HDMI input directly on my Pioneer Kuro for example from HDMI 1 to HDMI 3 it takes pretty long delay, about 3-4 seconds until an actual video appears.

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRod v1.0 /forum/post/22022954

I am looking for a good receiver for my home theater set up. I was debating between the Onkyo TX-NR609 or the Denon AVR-2112CI. I have a site that has this Yamaha 673 for $499. Is this a good upgrade over the other two?

What site is that? Cause sites are saying they have it in stock but they don't

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA_Hi_Fi_Guy /forum/post/22024780

Adding Airplay is great but it looks like they dropped all other streaming services like Pandora.

Whoa... I did not notice that, until you mentioned that... I think I will put the 671 back on my wish list. I am wobbling between the 671 and the 673 for my next AVR.

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine0816 /forum/post/22026427

You can AirPlay pandora through your iPhone so it defeats the purpose of having a stand alone. AirPlay is the cure all.

True... but I have Pandora playing in the background a lot of the time... not really practical from a battery / convenience standpoint. Of course, my Sony BD player does this, as well, so either way it's OK.

As for Airplay, I have an Apple TV, so I'm not sure I care about that feature, all that much, except that I am hopeful I can avoid the severe jitter problem with Apple TV's optical output (or HDMI, for that matter) and stream music right into the AVR.

I think either AVR would be really great to have.