Yamaha P7000S problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-30-2012, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I posted this over in the DIY forum but it seems to belong here.

While I'm working on my HT project, I have my P7000hooked to a Directv box and my center speakers to have a little music when I work. The amp was being used to power two 18 sealed subs before I started my build. I was thinking and picking up a second amp so I can run one amp per sub before this problem.
Well, I went to turn it on last night and the amp sent a loud spike to the speaker and then shut down. I unhooked the speaker and tried it again, and the amp shut down seconds after being turned on. The protection light on the front panel isn't on after the shutdown even though the power switch is still engaged.
The reputation of this unit is that it is very reliable and normally has almost no problems. I picked this unit up used and it's a little older so there is no warranty on the amp. Until now I have been satisfied with it's overall performance, so much so that I bought a P2500 to run my living room sub. My question is, should I bring it in and have it fixed or should I write off the unit and look for something different?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page