post #811 of 812 Old Today, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by solobaric View Post
Will give it a shot. Will the optical cable automatically be recognized by the marantz/Ps3 or is there a setting I need to look for? Also would a better quality or different hdmi cable possibly make a difference?

Yes, you'll have to go to the settings in the receiver for optical input and PS3 to output via optical. I recommend Monoprice's RedMere ultra slim high performance HDMI cables.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 812 Old Today, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hey all. Looking for some advice as I'm in the market for a new AVR. I had a very odd scenario which led me to my search. I had recently finished my home theater. When introducing the final component (xfinity box) I had a surge thru the cable line. This caused the entire HDMI board on my Sony AVR to die and in turn spread to my other components. So the hdmi boards on my ps4, Xbox one and projector all need to be replaced. Only the projector is under warranty. The moral is: never trust anything Xfinity/Comcast. They came out and looked at everything and won't reimburse me.

So because my Sony 5.2 AVR cost me $200 and isn't worth sending in to fix being out of warranty, I was looking at the 5.1 Marantz. Here's my hesitation, I noticed the Marantz is rated at 50w per channel. My Sony was rated at 100 per channel. Now, I'm aware that ratings are mostly BS, but I was happy with the way the Sony pushed my Klipsch reference speakers. Marantz owners, will this receiver be enough to push my system for movies? I really don't listen to music in the HT, so my concern is specifically in pushing big and accurate sound for films. Thanks
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Nr1403 Slim Line Av Receiver , Marantz Nr1603 Slim Line Av Receiver
Gear in this thread - Nr1403 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page