The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 136 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4051 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
This is my first AVR so please forgive my ignorance. My 3313CI came with two plastic covers clipped onto the top side of the unit with small plastic clips. What are these used for? Is it just for protection, or some other use? I haven't found anything in the manual which talks about it. One of the clips came broken. Does anyone know where to get one from?

HT Setup
TV: Samsung UN65ES8000
AVR: Denon AVR-3313CI
Front Speakers: Polk Audio LSi15 x 2 | Center Speaker: Polk Audio LSiC | Rear Speakers: Polk Audio LSiF/X x 2
Subwoofers: Polk Audio PSW-505 x 2
Amp: Emotiva XPA-5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4052 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 1249
I don't even know what you are talking about -- can you post a photo?

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4053 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 10:23 AM

Liked: 10
I had been waiting the 3313 in hopes the Audyssey x32 would filter down. I have a Denon 3805 and my weak point in my setup is lack of room correction. The comparison of the 3313 and 4311 obviously points to the 4311 for me as the advantages of the 3313 I don't use. I see the 4311 for around $1,595 thru authorized dealers. I recall a few months ago seeing in a thread it was about $1,300 street. Was that thru an authorized dealer? Thanks for any help.

Tampa
post #4054 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 10:42 AM

Hmmm, HD TV box is Humax HD FOX T2, probably should have said that to begin with, hdmi from that to avr then from avr to tv, The volume on the humax still works when using the avr.
post #4055 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by free2day33611 View Post

I had been waiting the 3313 in hopes the Audyssey x32 would filter down. I have a Denon 3805 and my weak point in my setup is lack of room correction. The comparison of the 3313 and 4311 obviously points to the 4311 for me as the advantages of the 3313 I don't use. I see the 4311 for around $1,595 thru authorized dealers. I recall a few months ago seeing in a thread it was about $1,300 street. Was that thru an authorized dealer? Thanks for any help.

If you're not against a refurb, A4L has it right now for $1100.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/DENAVR4311CI/DENON-AVR-4311CI-9.2-Channel-Network-Home-Theater-Receiver/1.html

AVR:

FL/R:

CC:

SUR:
SUB:
DISP:
post #4056 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

I don't even know what you are talking about -- can you post a photo?

Sure, I will later tonight after reaching home

HT Setup
TV: Samsung UN65ES8000
AVR: Denon AVR-3313CI
Front Speakers: Polk Audio LSi15 x 2 | Center Speaker: Polk Audio LSiC | Rear Speakers: Polk Audio LSiF/X x 2
Subwoofers: Polk Audio PSW-505 x 2
Amp: Emotiva XPA-5
post #4057 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyyy View Post

Hmmm, HD TV box is Humax HD FOX T2, probably should have said that to begin with, hdmi from that to avr then from avr to tv, The volume on the humax still works when using the avr.

Interesting. Usually if you have an audio out via HDMI, the volume controls on a unit such as that don't change anything on the HDMI volume levels. If yours does, then I think I would do some comparison listening if possible. Listen to the volume level when you use something else, like a bluray or DVD player, and then switch to the Humax and set the volume on it to a level that gets you nearly the same.

Lloyd
post #4058 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyyy View Post

Take a look in the user manual for the Humax. There might be a setting for fixed / variable audio output. Set it to fixed, and let the avr do the work. You'll avoid problems later, if the TV Box's remote is inadvertently played with.
post #4059 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lparsons21 View Post

Interesting. Usually if you have an audio out via HDMI, the volume controls on a unit such as that don't change anything on the HDMI volume levels. If yours does, then I think I would do some comparison listening if possible. Listen to the volume level when you use something else, like a bluray or DVD player, and then switch to the Humax and set the volume on it to a level that gets you nearly the same.

so far I've had the humax box volume on full which is 20 when listening through the avr, before i had the the avr i usually had it on about 15-17, so not a massive difference really, My main concern was if I had the volume on the humax too low and I wanted it louder so used the avr volume instead would it be over working it, as it is right now humax on full and avr at -37.5, How warm do these things get aswell, the top of my 2113 is a bit warm, Just a bit paranoid about everything cos I've never had anything like an av reciever before so not sure what I should be looking out for and such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by farkem View Post

Take a look in the user manual. There might be a setting for fixed / variable audio output. Set it to fixed, and let the avr do the work. You'll avoid problems later, if the TV Box's remote is inadvertently played with.
Thanks will check that now.
post #4060 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

it's normal for the top of the receiver to be warm, even a bit hot, in normal use. As long as you can lay your hand flat on the top without it being painfully hot, it's probably fine.

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #4061 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:

it's normal for the top of the receiver to be warm, even a bit hot, in normal use. As long as you can lay your hand flat on the top without it being painfully hot, it's probably fine.

aaah thanks, can easily put my hand flat on it.
post #4062 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 11:24 AM

Thanks, I look at it. I'm a little hesitant as I'm not sure what refurb entails. But it is an authorized dealer.

Tampa
post #4063 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 11:36 AM

I have a question regarding the remote I got with 2313
There is a clear plastic covering the front ...looks like good protection for around the buttons.
However, it is starting to peel at one corner and I see air bubbles(?) around couple of buttons

Is this a protective cover for the remote during shipping or is this considered defective for return/exchange ?

Thanks
post #4064 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Quote:

Thanks, I look at it. I'm a little hesitant as I'm not sure what refurb entails. But it is an authorized dealer.

I bought a refurb 2113ci from A4L last week, no issues at all.

Refurbished means that it was returned to the manufacturer for one reason or another, or could have been a demo unit. The manufacturer "refurbishes" the unit and then they sell it at a discount. I've bought many refurb'ed electronics over the years and have never had an issue.

AVR:

FL/R:

CC:

SUR:
SUB:
DISP:
post #4065 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinated View Post

I have a question regarding the remote I got with 2313
There is a clear plastic covering the front ...looks like good protection for around the buttons.
However, it is starting to peel at one corner and I see air bubbles(?) around couple of buttons

Is this a protective cover for the remote during shipping or is this considered defective for return/exchange ?

Thanks

It's just for shipping, you can peel it off wink.gif

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #4066 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:

It's just for shipping, you can peel it off wink.gif

Thanks Batpig.... appreciate the quick response....puts me at ease!!
Thank you ( and also jdsmoothie) for the nice tutorial and guidelines... it sure made it easier to go though the maze of operating instructions and Network challenges

By the way, how is your evaluation 2313 coming ...very interested in learning from it.

Once again thanks for the great community service... very grateful for it!
post #4067 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Or if you prefer the plastic cover 'look' to finger prints that may show on the new shiny remote surface, you could always leave it on. smile.gif
post #4068 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Although that would work on any of the prior years 331XCI models, that is not a feature of the 3313CI, rather as is the case with the lower level XX13 Zone 2 models, you'll have to either (1) connect an analog cable from any external source you want to pass to Zone 2, or (2) connect the Zone2(HDMI) to a second AVR with the Zone 2 speakers and Zone 2 TV connected to that second AVR.

So again I'd have to run an analog cable? Theres no analog input for TV Audio! Remember this is strictly for TV Audio, digital broadcast television. I've already sorted out the other equipment with analog RCA cables.

Also, can someone clarify this line from the manual, page 103...
" When a TV is connected to the HDMI ZONE2 OUT connector, you can play back a video or audio from the
device connected to the HDMI 1 - 6 IN connector in ZONE2 (HDMI ZONE2 function)."

and this:

" The HDMI audio signals for the input source selected in ZONE2 are output from the ZONE2 speakers."

I thought analog was the only option for zone 2 audio payback.
post #4069 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 02:05 PM

Sorry if this is a stupid question. But I just ordered a new AVR-2113CI, and I want to make sure that I'm clear about the streaming feature. I know it has an Ethernet port to be hard-connected to a router. But, I can also simply add a wireless adapter to that same port, to have the unit communicate wirelessly with my router. Right??? The Denon webpage has me a little concerned, because they seem to say that it has to be WIRED.

I assume that this unit is no different than the scores of other ones which simply need to have a wireless dongle attached to do Airplay, etc.
post #4070 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Nash View Post

Sorry if this is a stupid question. But I just ordered a new AVR-2113CI, and I want to make sure that I'm clear about the streaming feature. I know it has an Ethernet port to be hard-connected to a router. But, I can also simply add a wireless adapter to that same port, to have the unit communicate wirelessly with my router. Right??? The Denon webpage has me a little concerned, because they seem to say that it has to be WIRED.
I assume that this unit is no different than the scores of other ones which simply need to have a wireless dongle attached to do Airplay, etc.

If you just want to stream music and internet-sourced audio, then a wireless bridge will do you just fine. Something like this TrendNet will give you 4 ports to wire your receiver and other equipment:

TRENDnet-Wireless-4-Port-Bridge

If you're going to try to stream video to a media device, you might want to step up to a dual-band bridge, something like this linksys:

Linksys-WES610N-4-Port-Dual-Band-Bridge

Just don't expect advertised speeds with a wireless network, on a consistent basis. Not going to happen.

Powerline Network adapters might be a viable alternative, depending on the speeds you need, and the condition of your wiring.
post #4071 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farkem View Post

If you just want to stream music and internet-sourced audio, then a wireless bridge will do you just fine. Something like this TrendNet will give you 4 ports to wire your receiver and other equipment:
TRENDnet-Wireless-4-Port-Bridge
If you're going to try to stream video to a media device, you might want to step up to a dual-band bridge, something like this linksys:
Linksys-WES610N-4-Port-Dual-Band-Bridge
Just don't expect advertised speeds with a wireless network, on a consistent basis. Not going to happen.
Powerline Network adapters might be a viable alternative, depending on the speeds you need, and the condition of your wiring.

Thanks so much. You've set my mind at ease. It was really just a little odd wording on the Denon 2113 product page which made me wonder. I would really only need the wireless connection for streaming music from the computers in the house, or for firmware updates on the Denon. But if I plan to stream video, it would likely only be on an Apple TV, so that bandwidth shouldn't be an issue.
post #4072 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 03:39 PM

I downloaded the latest firmware as of 12/21/2012 and I still can't log in to Pandora. It just says "please wait" and then "OK". Internet radio works just fine. I also did a factory reset, and still nothing.

Any ideas?
post #4073 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 05:21 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1026 Post(s)
Liked: 1507
Quote:

Yup. It's been selling at that price for the past 2 years at several authorized resellers; however, is now pretty much out of stock from those resellers, so the price is likely to be a bit higher if still available.

---------------------------------
"JD" –
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Mon - Fri: 10am – 10pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #4074 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 05:22 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekam9280 View Post

I downloaded the latest firmware as of 12/21/2012 and I still can't log in to Pandora. It just says "please wait" and then "OK". Internet radio works just fine. I also did a factory reset, and still nothing.
Any ideas?

Some units seem to still be having issues with Pandora. Give it a few days and try to log in again, otherwise, there may be another firmware update.

"JD" –
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

post #4075 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 05:27 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanguinicus View Post

So again I'd have to run an analog cable? Theres no analog input for TV Audio! Remember this is strictly for TV Audio, digital broadcast television. I've already sorted out the other equipment with analog RCA cables.
Also, can someone clarify this line from the manual, page 103...
" When a TV is connected to the HDMI ZONE2 OUT connector, you can play back a video or audio from the
device connected to the HDMI 1 - 6 IN connector in ZONE2 (HDMI ZONE2 function)."
and this:
" The HDMI audio signals for the input source selected in ZONE2 are output from the ZONE2 speakers."
I thought analog was the only option for zone 2 audio payback.

Correct, another analog cable. The default TV audio inputs are either optical or HDMI(ARC) and then only to the main zone. The first quote indicates that only HDMI 1-6 inputs will pass to the Zone2(HDMI) output and the second quote also refers to the fact that the HDMI audio from HDMI 1-6 will pass through via the Zone2(HDMI) output to the Zone 2 speakers (ie. either the TV speakers or Zone 2 speakers connected to a 2nd AVR).

"JD" –

post #4076 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekam9280 View Post

Any ideas?

Would someone post the current 2113 Firmware is version?
I have read here that sometimes an xx13 will not process a firmware update (saying the firmware is already current, when maybe it is not??). I am expecting my 2113 hopefully on or before next Friday. redface.gif) It would be nice to confirm that it has or actually will download the most current version prior to my running through set up.
post #4077 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrebanAR15 View Post

Good day,
I finally got around to hooking up my AVR1713 on Tuesday and it worked perfectly. As of yesterday, it no longer picks up a network connection preventing me from using the denon app and internet radio. I reran the network setup to re establish the connection and it worked fine again for about 15 minutes. Once again, it won't pick up a connection no matter what I do. The unit is directly plugged via ethernet cable from my Uverse router.
I've reset the router, changed ethernet cables and powered off and powered back on my unit with no sucess. My xbox is also directly connected to the router so I know my router isn't faulty.
Any other suggestions??
I did a search for "network issue" and only found posts related to apple airplay. Sorry if this question has been repeated already.

Just got home from work and unplugged the router and AVR1713 for 15 minutes and still no success. Any other suggestions??

Don't understand how it was working fine on Wednesday and now won't/can't connect to network.
post #4078 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 06:26 PM
585-645-1006

If there is a "Disable IGMP Proxy" setting that is checked, try unchecking it and see if that resolves the issue. Otherwise, try toggling the "IGMP Proxy" setting ON/OFF/ON.

"JD" –

post #4079 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

If there is a "Disable IGMP Proxy" setting that is checked, try unchecking it and see if that resolves the issue. Otherwise, try toggling the "IGMP Proxy" setting ON/OFF/ON.

Sorry but I'm a complete noob to this. I'm assuming the instructions you are giving me above are to do with my router.

I went into my router settings-->broadband--->Mulitcast and can see that IGMP Proxy is set to enable but I don't have the option to disable. There's no box or option to check/uncheck

post #4080 of 10739 Old 12-21-2012, 07:41 PM

Arrgghh, just got home from grabbing dinner and now the network connectivity is working again. I swear if I wake up tomorrow and it stops working again I'm gonna set my house on fire.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 1513 Receiver , Denon Avr 1613 Receiver , Denon Avr 1713 Receiver , Denon Avr 1913 Receiver , Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page