The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 16 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 11228 Old 06-18-2012, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2058 Post(s)
Liked: 2156
yes, in addition to audio streaming the networking is used for downloading firmware updates and for IP-based control (using your laptop or smartphone/tablet to control the receiver).

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 11228 Old 06-18-2012, 11:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 4923 Post(s)
Liked: 2540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenik View Post

Thanks for the reply. One more question: is cover art displayed in Web browser (in Web Control)?

Yes, as noted in the 1913 manual (and would be the same for the CI models as well) ....
Quote:

--------
2015 Denon AVR info ----> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...dcp-2-2-a.html

Think your AVR is defective? Check the Owner's manual and do a factory reset 4-5 times if necessary.
post #453 of 11228 Old 06-18-2012, 11:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeRobb View Post

Other questions and notes:
1. Can I stream music from an Android phone, similar to airplay from an iOS device? If so, how? I'm assuming it would involve DLNA. I've searched and there are tons of DLNA-capable apps, most of which have terrible reviews.
2. Denon's website indicates that the iOS and Android remote control apps have identical user interfaces; this is not the case. Their screenshots are all from iOS, with Android pasted in around it.
3. From the remote control app (on either platform; I have an Android phone and my wife has an iPhone), is it possible to select FM radio? I have looked several times and I don't see it in the list.
4. Same as #3, but for SiriusXM over the internet. I can get to the list that shows it as an option, but when I tap it, the receiver ends up selecting Pandora instead. I think this is a result of the 2x3 grid displayed on the onscreen GUI, whereas the phone displays a single-column list.
5. Also, is it possible to trim the list of sources in the phone app to those I use frequently?

I don't have access to the Remote app so perhaps other app users can chime in on these as well ...

1. Yes, as you note multiple DLNA apps available for this, although no specific recommendation.
2. Are you referring to the "AVR-Remote" android app or Denon's own android REMOTE app? AFAIK, Denon's android REMOTE app has yet to be released, ideally to be out by the end of the month.
3. Should be. I would hope so.
4. Perhaps another user can confirm this action.
5. You would likely have to delete the sources not used in the AVR using the Source Delete feature.

--------

Think your AVR is defective? Check the Owner's manual and do a factory reset 4-5 times if necessary.
post #454 of 11228 Old 06-18-2012, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

1. Can I stream music from an Android phone, similar to airplay from an iOS device? If so, how? I'm assuming it would involve DLNA. I've searched and there are tons of DLNA-capable apps, most of which have terrible reviews.
2. Denon's website indicates that the iOS and Android remote control apps have identical user interfaces; this is not the case. Their screenshots are all from iOS, with Android pasted in around it.
3. From the remote control app (on either platform; I have an Android phone and my wife has an iPhone), is it possible to select FM radio? I have looked several times and I don't see it in the list.
4. Same as #3, but for SiriusXM over the internet. I can get to the list that shows it as an option, but when I tap it, the receiver ends up selecting Pandora instead. I think this is a result of the 2x3 grid displayed on the onscreen GUI, whereas the phone displays a single-column list.
5. Also, is it possible to trim the list of sources in the phone app to those I use frequently?

1. Yes, try iMediaShare. You need to have the audio files on your device. Unfortunately, you can't stream through Google Music unless you get a bluetooth receiver (I have a previous post on this).
2. I can't find the Denon-made android remote control app either. There is a third-party app called AVR-Remote in the marketplace. I'm guessing Denon hasn't release it yet?
3, 4, 5. Per #2, haven't used the Denon app yet (don't possess any iDevices).
post #455 of 11228 Old 06-18-2012, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks everyone for your quick responses.

I guess, 2313ci may be the way to go, in case I end up adding front height/width speakers to my exisiting 7.2 setup in future. From what I have read, I'll need to use Zone 2 on 2313 to accomplish that, correct?

teligent
Take my advice. I am not using it anyway.
post #456 of 11228 Old 06-18-2012, 12:05 PM

Some random thoughts after first weekend with AVR 2113ci:
  • I upgraded the firmware right away. Took about 30mins.
  • Audyssey MultEQ XT was pretty easy (I kept the mike in the same place for most of the tests though - is that bad?). It discovered that my rear speakers were out of phase. I double checked and the red was to red for sure but I switched the wires anyway and Audyssey was happy. The sound is great!
  • Had some problems getting the Zone 2 speakers working. During the Audyssey test I picked the rear speakers as being part of my system by mistake. I fixed it but it left my rear speakers configured wrong. Fixed by setting rear speakers to Zone 2 (the default) but that option was pretty buried in the setup menus.
  • Was pleased with how many wires I was able to eliminate from my rats nest because of the HDMI switching (my prior receiver was pretty old)
  • Harmony remote does not have this receiver in its database. When I checked the web it said it did but when I went to configure it was not there. I was able to use the AVR 2112ci config and learn a few commands for things that were missing.
  • Getting the AirPlay working was a pain. Most of the hurt was on iTunes running on Windows 7 PC - It just did not want to find the AVR. My iPhone found it just fine. I have a pretty complex network (lots of switches daisy chained to wire up the whole house). I finally disconnected everything but my computer and the amp and it worked. Plugged everything else back in and so far still good. Once this was working so did the Remote app that lets me remotely control iTunes and select the AVR to airply to.
  • Pandora and SiriusXM worked right away - no problem.
  • App store remote app for the receiver looks pretty but has some flaws. The one that really bothered me was when listening to Pandora and wanting to adjust volume in both main zone and zone 2 I had to back out and stop Pandora before I could get to the volume control in the other zone. I bought the DeRemote app and this works much better but does not yet support SiriusXM.
  • I initially disabled the upconversion settings for HDMI and set it to pass through the signal. This lost me the ability to see volume control and other statuses on the screen. It also made the setup screen really wacky. I would hit the button and it would just black out the screen but not always bring up the menu. I ended up having to disable the input and move one of my devices to another input to be able to configure. Once I realized the problem I was able to go back and fix it. This does make sense since the upconversion is where the AVR gets to overlay menus and such but the secondary effect of turning off upconversion was not obvious.
  • I would have liked a printed manual. Appricate having it in PDF but for something this expensive I'd like a paper manual to page through vice having to load it up on my computer (which is hooked to the AVR by the way) or iPad.
  • I really like that I can sit on my deck outside (my zone2) and use my iPhone to start up the receiver and choose my music. My wife loves that we can easily adjust the volume without having to run back and forth from the receiver (in my basement) and the deck to see if the volume is good now.
  • Overall I am liking my new receiver but ended up spending way more time than I wanted to setting things up. This does always seem to be the case with new and not well documented technology.
post #457 of 11228 Old 06-18-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg G View Post

[*] I really like that I can sit on my deck outside (my zone2) and using my iPhone start up the receiver and choose my music. My wife loves that we can easily adjust the volume without having to run back and forth from the receiver (in my basement) and the deck to see if the volume is good now.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It helps me a lot as I am looking to have a similar setup. I know it's off topic, but can I ask you if your Zone 2 speakers (on the deck) are wireless or hardwired to the receiver in your basement? What brand/model of outdoor speakers are you using for this purpose?

teligent
post #458 of 11228 Old 06-18-2012, 12:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teligent View Post

Thanks everyone for your quick responses.
I guess, 2313ci may be the way to go, in case I end up adding front height/width speakers to my exisiting 7.2 setup in future. From what I have read, I'll need to use Zone 2 on 2313 to accomplish that, correct?

Depends on how you have your 7.2 setup? If 5.2/Zone 2, then yes, you would need to pass off Zone 2 to an external 2CH amp.

--------

post #459 of 11228 Old 06-18-2012, 12:26 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

• I would have liked a printed manual. Appricate having it in PDF but for something this expensive I'd like a paper manual to page through vice having to load it up on my computer (which is hooked to the AVR by the way) or iPad.

Does anyone have the PDF of the 3313 manual? I know a few people have already attained them (DAMN my local store and their slowness), but Denon still has not posted the manual online.
post #460 of 11228 Old 06-18-2012, 12:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

• Audyssey MultEQ XT was pretty easy (I kept the mike in the same place for most of the tests though - is that bad?). It discovered that my rear speakers were out of phase. I double checked and the red was to red for sure but I switched the wires anyway and Audyssey was happy. The sound is great!

1. Ideally, you should move the mike around within a 2'-3' area around the main listening position for better results.
2. As noted in your Owner's manual, as long as the speaker wires are visually confirmed to be connected correctly, don't make any change, rather simply press "SKIP" and move on to the next speaker.

--------

post #461 of 11228 Old 06-18-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Depends on how you have your 7.2 setup? If 5.2/Zone 2, then yes, you would need to pass off Zone 2 to an external 2CH amp.

OK, I am really confused now (due to my limited knowledge). Currently I have a 7.2 setup using Surround Back speakers, and I'd like to keep a similar setup wir 2113 or 2313 as well. If I understood this correctly...

- On 2113, if I use Zone 2, then my Main Zone will be reduced to 5.2 setup. If my Main Zone is 7.2 setup, there's no way to add Front Height/Width speakers. Am I correct on both of these?
- On 2313, I can create Zone 2 by using 2CH amp. If the Main Zone is a 7.2 setup, can Zone 2 outputs also be used for Front Height or Width speakers? If so, how?

Thanks for helping me understand this better so that I can make the right purchasing decision between 2113ci or 2313ci.

teligent
post #462 of 11228 Old 06-18-2012, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 2058 Post(s)
Liked: 2156
you are a bit confused, yes smile.gif

there really isn't much difference between 2113 and 2313 in this regard, both are 7ch amps with zone 2 capability.

1. if you want to power Zone 2 with internal amps, then you have to run a 5ch setup, because there are 7 amps and you are using 2 for the other zone (leaving 5).

2. if you add an external 2ch amp for Zone 2, then you can maintain a 7ch setup in the main zone while powering the zone 2 speakers (because you now have 9 amps total, 7 built in plus 2 external).

3. regardless of both of the above, the amp is only 7ch so if you want to run wides or heights you cannot run surr.backs. This has nothing to do with zone 2.

the only major difference as far as you are concerned is that the 2313 has DSX (allowing you to run wide speakers, although again at the expense of surr.backs). Both have PLIIz so you can still run height speakers with the 2113, but the 2313 gives you the addition of DSX for heights or wides.

second, the 2113's zone 2 pre-outs (which you will have to use if you want to maintain 7ch setup in main zone) are fixed level, meaning you must control volume via an external volume control (either the external amp or an in-line volume control, e.g. a wall-plate you install in the zone 2 area). The 2313 (assuming it's the same as the 2312 last year) allows you to set the zone 2 pre-outs as "fixed" or "variable".

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #463 of 11228 Old 06-18-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

you are a bit confused, yes smile.gif
there really isn't much difference between 2113 and 2313 in this regard, both are 7ch amps with zone 2 capability.
1. if you want to power Zone 2 with internal amps, then you have to run a 5ch setup, because there are 7 amps and you are using 2 for the other zone (leaving 5).
2. if you add an external 2ch amp for Zone 2, then you can maintain a 7ch setup in the main zone while powering the zone 2 speakers (because you now have 9 amps total, 7 built in plus 2 external).
3. regardless of both of the above, the amp is only 7ch so if you want to run wides or heights you cannot run surr.backs. This has nothing to do with zone 2.
the only major difference as far as you are concerned is that the 2313 has DSX (allowing you to run wide speakers, although again at the expense of surr.backs). Both have PLIIz so you can still run height speakers with the 2113, but the 2313 gives you the addition of DSX for heights or wides.
second, the 2113's zone 2 pre-outs (which you will have to use if you want to maintain 7ch setup in main zone) are fixed level, meaning you must control volume via an external volume control (either the external amp or an in-line volume control, e.g. a wall-plate you install in the zone 2 area). The 2313 (assuming it's the same as the 2312 last year) allows you to set the zone 2 pre-outs as "fixed" or "variable".

Thanks a bunch, I am now clear on this (I think smile.gif ). Mine is a pretty straight forward setup (No Zone 2 or Front Heigths/Width speakers). Except for channel output, I don't see any reason to go for 2313. I guess, 2113 may serve my needs just fine.

Time to go shopping for the best deal on AVR-2113ci. smile.gif

teligent
post #464 of 11228 Old 06-18-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:

Thanks for sharing your experience. It helps me a lot as I am looking to have a similar setup. I know it's off topic, but can I ask you if your Zone 2 speakers (on the deck) are wireless or hardwired to the receiver in your basement? What brand/model of outdoor speakers are you using for this purpose?

Hardwired. I bought the outdoor speakers a long time ago and they were not a name brand. Don't recall where they came from - I went internet search crazy and these had good reviews from people.
post #465 of 11228 Old 06-18-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:

1. Ideally, you should move the mike around within a 2'-3' area around the main listening position for better results.
2. As noted in your Owner's manual, as long as the speaker wires are visually confirmed to be connected correctly, don't make any change, rather simply press "SKIP" and move on to the next speaker.

Thanks for the heads up. I will switch the wires back and rerun.
post #466 of 11228 Old 06-18-2012, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1317 Post(s)
Liked: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyrolan View Post

Quote:

Does anyone have the PDF of the 3313 manual? I know a few people have already attained them (DAMN my local store and their slowness), but Denon still has not posted the manual online.

It's online now: I found it at
http://usa.denon.com/US/Product/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?CatId=AVReceivers%28DenonNA%29&PId=AVR3313CI%28DenonNA%29

Selden

Marantz SR7009+MM9000/Atmos 7.1.4 (FH+TM:DefTech PM1000)/LCR+TM amped
post #467 of 11228 Old 06-18-2012, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Is the networking feature on this system used for anything besides audio streaming (AirPlay)?
Just to be clear, in addition to the things batpig mentioned, AirPlay is not your only option for audio streaming. You can do DLNA, Pandora, SiriusXM, and several internet radio channels. There's also a Flickr client that will do a slideshow of your photos on the TV.
Quote:

I agree with almost everything you said. Just a couple things to add:
Quote:

Audyssey MultEQ XT was pretty easy (I kept the mike in the same place for most of the tests though - is that bad?). It discovered that my rear speakers were out of phase. I double checked and the red was to red for sure but I switched the wires anyway and Audyssey was happy. The sound is great!
Any chance that the Audyssey microphone was picking up sound from the rears that bounced off the wall or ceiling? Reflecting a sound wave will reverse the phase.
Quote:

I would have liked a printed manual. Appricate having it in PDF but for something this expensive I'd like a paper manual to page through vice having to load it up on my computer (which is hooked to the AVR by the way) or iPad.
You could take the PDF on a flash drive to Kinkos or any other professional print center and have one made if it's really important to you. smile.gif
Quote:

I have a similar setup -- zone 2 on the deck from a 2313 -- so I thought I'd answer this too. My outdoor speakers are Polk Atrium 4's, which are inexpensive (~$100) and can handle the elements easily. Sound quality is nothing to write home about, but is exactly what you would expect given a 2.0 system at this price point. I mounted them under the soffits and hardwired them through the attic and down the living room wall to the receiver. I'll be posting pictures soon. smile.gif

Living Room: Denon 2113ci + BIC V1020 + Panasonic BDT220 + AppleTV + uVerse DVR + Panasonic P42S2 plasma
Theater: Denon 2313ci + Klipsch RW12d + Panasonic BDT220 + Mac mini + uVerse wired receiver + Epson 8350 PJ + 100" screen
post #468 of 11228 Old 06-18-2012, 04:54 PM

Eh? All I see on there is the spec sheet and quick start guides, not the full manual. If I'm missing something, I'd love to know where.
post #469 of 11228 Old 06-18-2012, 05:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

^^
Nope not missing anything, they're not there yet for the "CI" models.

--------

post #470 of 11228 Old 06-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I haven't seen anything yet at all on if they like their 3313CI or not. LOTS of specifications and numbers, but no real information. Also, I live in the US. Anyone know where to get a good price on one of these? I saw someone posted "EE", but what in the world is "EE"? That could mean anything really. Thanks.

Also, ALL prices I have seen are $1199. Isn't there at least ONE place on earth that sells it a lower price? Even though I don't think this model is worth at all at $1200 it happens to work best with my current setup, hence me looking for one.
post #471 of 11228 Old 06-18-2012, 07:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

^^
EE = Electronics Expo. The 3313CI has only just been released in the past week so not likely to see much owner info yet. Lots of good info in the Denon Guide linked in my sig to include the purchasing section ...

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1334369/the-official-denon-avr-xx12-model-owners-thread/0_50#user_H2

--------

post #472 of 11228 Old 06-18-2012, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

I took delivery of my 2313 on Friday. On Saturday, I finished fishing wires through my attic and down the walls, and I've successfully set up Zone 2 on my deck. Working great so far, but I have a few questions. My first was about Airplay to Zone 2. Found this:
That helps a bunch; I'll try it tonight. It sucks that I have to hijack the main zone temporarily... :/ I 100% agree that the ideal solution would be for Denon to provide separate airplay destinations for each zone. It's probably wishful thinking to imagine that Denon might update the firmware to address either of those issues, but a guy can hope, right? smile.gif Now, let's say I have an iPhone and a laptop running iTunes. If I'm streaming airplay from the phone, can I take over from the laptop without re-hijacking the main zone? (I'll try tonight and report back)

Sorry for the self-quote, but this gives the best context.

The Android app I've been using is AVR-Remote, which I didn't realize isn't the official Denon app. The publisher is indeed not Denon, and the app is mostly functional but fairly crappy in general. I haven't tried to select FM from my wife's iPhone yet, but you definitely can't do it using AVR-Remote.

So, if an iPhone is currently streaming AirPlay to the Denon, and you try to stream from the laptop, you get a generic dialog saying that the device is in use by another user. If you go pause the iPhone, the laptop can stream AirPlay without re-hijacking zone 1! smile.gif

Living Room: Denon 2113ci + BIC V1020 + Panasonic BDT220 + AppleTV + uVerse DVR + Panasonic P42S2 plasma
Theater: Denon 2313ci + Klipsch RW12d + Panasonic BDT220 + Mac mini + uVerse wired receiver + Epson 8350 PJ + 100" screen
post #473 of 11228 Old 06-18-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:

Is the networking feature on this system used for anything besides audio streaming (AirPlay)?

firmware upgrades
post #474 of 11228 Old 06-19-2012, 03:23 AM

Quote:

2. Using the "HDMI Audio Out" setting to "TV" simply passes the audio to the TV, there is no processing performed so in this mode it's no different than connecting the source directly to the TV. If the TV cannot except DD or PCM 5.1, there would simply be silence until the source is changed to PCM 2.0 stereo. So bottom line, if you connect a set of speakers to the 1613, set the "HDMI Audio Out" setting to "AMP", then 1613 will down mix the DD/PCM 5.1 audio properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

that is correct. the problem though is you aren't intending to use that second HDMI AVR to play surround sound. If you then try pass the audio on to a TV using HDMI output it will still propagate the EDID info from the TV back down the HDMI chain. If you actually connect speakers to the 2nd AVR (leaving the HDMI AUDIO OUT setting at "AMP") then it will work because both HDMI sinks (the two AVR's) will have the same audio capability.

Thanks very much to JD and batpig for explaining this. I now understand that with current AVRs, HDMI-output audio is generally limited to passthrough from HDMI input, with no audio processing capability (e.g. downmix).

I still want to be able to play any HDMI source in both Zone1 and Zone2 simultaneously, with appropriate audio mix for the speaker config (e.g. 5.1 or 2.0) in each zone. After some more searching, I think that a Gefen GTV-AUDDEC box could help me do this: http://www.gefen.com/gefentv/gtvproduct.jsp?prod_id=8202

My current thinking is to put all A/V sources and a 3313CI in my wiring closet, with 3313CI driving Zone1 5.1 speakers directly. GTV-AUDDEC connected to 3313CI Zone2 HDMI output, would produce two identical Zone2 HDMI outputs with audio downmixed to 2.0, for driving a small/simple 1080p TV setup (perhaps adding powered external speakers for better 2.0 sound). Each of these Zone2 HDMI outputs could be forwarded to a TV in another room via single CAT6 cable carrying HDMI, Ethernet, and IR, via Monoprice 8123 HDBase-T extender.
post #475 of 11228 Old 06-19-2012, 03:56 AM

I am planning to replace my 10-yr old Onkyo system in family room (16x20) with an inexpensive Denon 5.1 receiver (most likely either 1613 or 1612). This is NOT my primary system (I have a HT in my lower-level). The only major difference between 1612 and 1613 (that I can see and impacts me) is Networking and AirPlay. However, since I will be connecting Apple TV (newest model) to this system, AirPlay would be a moot point. I mean, from what I understood, having AirPlay capability on Denon AVR and also on Apple TV will be redudant. Am I correct?

Also, if I am not mistaken, 1613 has an iPhone app, but 1612 doesn't. Is that correct?

The bottom line is, I am trying to see if spending an extra $200 for 1613 (plus another $100 on Airport Express to connect it to my wireless network) is really worth it. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

teligent
post #476 of 11228 Old 06-19-2012, 04:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

^^
1. Correct. The ATV and on board Airplay are redundant, although ATV also passes video as well as audio.
2. The iPhone app can be used on networking models only and the 1612 is not networking capable.

--------

post #477 of 11228 Old 06-19-2012, 04:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1317 Post(s)
Liked: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider- View Post

Eh? All I see on there is the spec sheet and quick start guides, not the full manual. If I'm missing something, I'd love to know where.

That's very strange. Here's what I see after selecting the Manuals and Downloads tab. I successfully downloaded the manual, too. Perhaps you have scripts disabled?

Edited to add:

You might need to force a refresh of the page in your browser. F5 usually does that. Emptying your browser's cache is another possibility.

Selden

Marantz SR7009+MM9000/Atmos 7.1.4 (FH+TM:DefTech PM1000)/LCR+TM amped
post #478 of 11228 Old 06-19-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:

Thanks a bunch, I am now clear on this (I think smile.gif ). Mine is a pretty straight forward setup (No Zone 2 or Front Heigths/Width speakers). Except for channel output, I don't see any reason to go for 2313. I guess, 2113 may serve my needs just fine.

Last night I was all set to place my order for 2113ci and the best price I found was $649. I then found 3312ci for $628. Based on my (very) limited knowledge, I am guessing 3312ci is a much better buy considering the price is almost the same. Am I correct?

I do need networking, AirPlay and iPhone app, and I think 3312 has them all. Is there any important feature in 2113 that I'll miss on 3312?

teligent
post #479 of 11228 Old 06-19-2012, 05:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post

Edited to add:

You might need to force a refresh of the page in your browser. F5 usually does that. Emptying your browser's cache is another possibility.

FYI ... none of the items currently listed above is the Owner manual ... which normally is about 30MB. What is currently there is simply a 12 page "Getting Started" guide to help with the initial connections as noted by the small file size of only 2MB.

--------

post #480 of 11228 Old 06-19-2012, 05:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Quote:

Last night I was all set to place my order for 2113ci and the best price I found was $649. I then found 3312ci for $628. Based on my (very) limited knowledge, I am guessing 3312ci is a much better buy considering the price is almost the same. Am I correct?

I do need networking, AirPlay and iPhone app, and I think 3312 has them all. Is there any important feature in 2113 that I'll miss on 3312?

Yes, the 3312CI is a better buy. This was also just discussed over the weekend when Amazon was selling the 3312CI for $550 on their Gold Box deal ... refer to the last week of posts in the Denon XX12 Owner's thread linked in my sig.

--------

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 1513 Receiver , Denon Avr 1613 Receiver , Denon Avr 1713 Receiver , Denon Avr 1913 Receiver , Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page