The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 319 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #9541 of 10732 Old 10-21-2013, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
IIt is not downmixing and I've selected the right audio. I'm just wondering if it ever is supposed to say DTS-HD on the front. If it is supposed to I will troubleshoot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9542 of 10732 Old 10-21-2013, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 1214
If you want to know for sure what input signal it is receiving go to the Information section of the GUI, either on the tv screen or through the web browser.
blvck7 likes this.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9543 of 10732 Old 10-22-2013, 02:10 PM

Ok, I fired up the Inception blu ray and under information it says the sound mode is DTS Surround, signal is DTS, format is 3/2/.1, and smaple rate is 48kHz. It sounds really nice I may add. But is this dts hd ma like Inception has or just normal DTs? Thanks
post #9544 of 10732 Old 10-22-2013, 02:44 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 977 Post(s)
Liked: 1493
^^
One of my favorite movies of all time. smile.gif Check to make sure you are playing the Blu Ray and not the DVD copy as if the former, the display should read DTS-HD.

---------------------------------
"JD" –
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 

Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #9545 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 02:10 AM

Hi,

I am in a major dilemma here.

I have Denon AVR 2313 with me which I really enjoy listning to.

Recently there was thunderstorm and major lightning in our area.

post that my AVR's wifi / internet radio/ USB cable port are not working

I have tried to reset the system couple of times but still it is not working.

Can anyone help me with this problem.

When I plug my ipod on the USB drive it (iPod) shows it is charging. On the TV i get the the play list too. But when I play there is no audio coming through the speakers.

Pls anyone can help me in this matter.

Thanks, Yogesh
post #9546 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 05:14 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Sounds like the HDMI board was damaged, although before shipping off for repair, try the microprocessor reset procedure listed in post #5 of this thread.

"JD" –

post #9547 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Yogesh, looks like you've done the reset JD refers to above.

But, if you haven't done it & the network reset multiple times, in a row. Sometimes it takes that.

just 1 more pair of KLIPSCH Classic speakers...
RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC 60" PLASMA 3D, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK BRD (iPhone APPs), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 HD DVD/BRD, iPod 8 GB, 13.2: KLIPSCH La Scala 1980 (Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers Sonicaps) FRONT, HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" WIDE, HERESY II CENTER/SURROUND, kg2 SB, kg3/kg1 Front/Rear HEIGHT, RW-12d SW, km-rsw
post #9548 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 06:38 AM

Liked: 11
And after being without my 1713 for one month and four days now (with no update or eta from repair shop for similar HDMI module failure/replacement), I'd suggest getting a deck of cards to play solitaire with. You're gonna need some form of entertainment.

If they knew these boards fail so easily, I would have hoped that they were producing a crap load of them but that doesn't appear to be the case.
post #9549 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 07:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Has anyone done any tests in regards to added video lag from running a gaming console through the 2313? I have all video processing turned off and the video mode set to game, but after thinking about this today I'm a little paranoid...
I've read in a few random forums that apparently the 2010 models didn't add lag but I'm not sure whether that would affect the 2013 model...
post #9550 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 08:37 AM

Liked: 35
Hello all at the risk of being ostracized for this being covered previously.... I have a 1913, infinity primus 362 fronts and primus CC and SC and a klipsch sw450 sub (replaced a infinity ps210 that's on the fritz) should I use lfe or lfe+main. Also does the crossover setting still work on my fronts while using lfe+main?
post #9551 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Help!

This is making me batty. I cannot get my Denon AVR 3313IC to play 2-channel DTS-HD Master audio correctly. I am running HDMI Bitstream out from an OPPO 103 Blu-ray player. I have the inputs on the Denon set to the default Auto settings. When I check Information on the Denon, it shows DTS-HD Master audio for the input, but the output always reads Dolby Prologic II. I cannot get the blue HD light to show on the front display. This only happens with DTS-HD Master audio Mono and stereo signals. Multichannel signals work correctly. I've gone through Batpig's excellent "how to" instructions multiple times, but always get the same result. One thing he mentions is that if all else fails to press the "Standard" button on the remote to force the receiver to play back properly. I've looked high and low and cannot find a Standard button on the remote. What am I doing wrong??
post #9552 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggweeziehd View Post

Hello all at the risk of being ostracized for this being covered previously.... I have a 1913, infinity primus 362 fronts and primus CC and SC and a klipsch sw450 sub (replaced a infinity ps210 that's on the fritz) should I use lfe or lfe+main. Also does the crossover setting still work on my fronts while using lfe+main?

Set all speakers as "small" (which really means "enable bass management") and set their crossover frequencies to 80 Hz (or hgher). When bass management is in use, LFE+MAIN does nothing. When bass management is disabled, LFE+MAIN usually results in "bloated bass" because of interference between the output of the subwoofer and the main speakers in the same frequency range.

Please take the time to read through the Audyssey 101/FAQ. It answers these questions and others. The Audyssey instructions in the receiver's manual are woefully inadequate. http://www.avsforum.com/t/795421/official-audyssey-thread-faq-in-post-1/51750#post_21782993

Selden
post #9553 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post

Set all speakers as "small" (which really means "enable bass management") and set their crossover frequencies to 80 Hz (or hgher). When bass management is in use, LFE+MAIN does nothing. When bass management is disabled, LFE+MAIN usually results in "bloated bass" because of interference between the output of the subwoofer and the main speakers in the same frequency range.

Please take the time to read through the Audyssey 101/FAQ. It answers these questions and others. The Audyssey instructions in the receiver's manual are woefully inadequate. http://www.avsforum.com/t/795421/official-audyssey-thread-faq-in-post-1/51750#post_21782993

So although I can still set different crossover points when using lfe + main nothing is really happening? My towers are gettin full range(even the 80hz and below)... Guess the reason why I'm interested is I like the sound of my towers getting some bass signal be cause they seem to play high bass notes a little faster and cleaner. Thx for your input.
post #9554 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchman View Post

Help!

This is making me batty. I cannot get my Denon AVR 3313IC to play 2-channel DTS-HD Master audio correctly. I am running HDMI Bitstream out from an OPPO 103 Blu-ray player. I have the inputs on the Denon set to the default Auto settings. When I check Information on the Denon, it shows DTS-HD Master audio for the input, but the output always reads Dolby Prologic II.
Whenever you play a stereo signal of any kind, whether HD or not, Dolby ProLogic and DTS Neo are available in the receiver to expand the sound into your other speakers. You can turn PL (or Neo) processing off in the receiver if you don't want that expansion to happen.
Quote:
I cannot get the blue HD light to show on the front display. This only happens with DTS-HD Master audio Mono and stereo signals. Multichannel signals work correctly. I've gone through Batpig's excellent "how to" instructions multiple times, but always get the same result. One thing he mentions is that if all else fails to press the "Standard" button on the remote to force the receiver to play back properly. I've looked high and low and cannot find a Standard button on the remote. What am I doing wrong??
Multichannel signals are already occupying all of your speaker channels, so ProLogic can't do anything for them and you won't see its indicator. Also, most computer media players will inappropriately use all 7.1 channels when they play stereo soundtracks. That'll also prevent ProLogic from being used. (My ongoing quest for media players which handle stereo audio signals correctly is available at http://www.avsforum.com/t/1495316/which-media-players-reconfigure-hdmi-to-match-number-of-source-channels )

Or am I completely misunderstanding your problem?

Selden
post #9555 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggweeziehd View Post

Quote:

So although I can still set different crossover points when using lfe + main nothing is really happening?
Right
Quote:
My towers are gettin full range(even the 80hz and below)...
If you've set them to Large, that'll happen.
Quote:
Guess the reason why I'm interested is I like the sound of my towers getting some bass signal be cause they seem to play high bass notes a little faster and cleaner. Thx for your input.
If you set the front channels to "small", you can lower their crossover frequency to below that "sweet point" if you want. That way the fronts will handle the upper bass and you can still have the subwoofer do the heavy lifting for the lower frequencies.

Selden
post #9556 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:

Right
If you've set them to Large, that'll happen.
If you set the front channels to "small", you can lower their crossover frequency to below that "sweet point" if you want. That way the fronts will handle the upper bass and you can still have the subwoofer do the heavy lifting for the lower frequencies.

Thanks you answered my questions
post #9557 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 03:10 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatpizza View Post

Has anyone done any tests in regards to added video lag from running a gaming console through the 2313? I have all video processing turned off and the video mode set to game, but after thinking about this today I'm a little paranoid...
I've read in a few random forums that apparently the 2010 models didn't add lag but I'm not sure whether that would affect the 2013 model...

Rarely if ever discussed so apparently not an issue. smile.gif

"JD" –

post #9558 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

Whenever you play a stereo signal of any kind, whether HD or not, Dolby ProLogic and DTS Neo are available in the receiver to expand the sound into your other speakers. You can turn PL (or Neo) processing off in the receiver if you don't want that expansion to happen.

If I understand you correctly, then, the only way to do this is by selecting STEREO, PURE or PURE DIRECT? Why can't the AVR3313 simply pass through the DTS-HD Master audio signal like it does with DTS-HD 5.1 and 7.1 signals? When I have a DTS-HD multi-channel signal being input, the front display on the receiver reads DTS-HD Master and the blue HD light is on. Also, when I check the output INFORMATION section, it indicates that the receiver output is DTS-HD. This is not so with DTS-HD STEREO and MONO sources. It always displays dolby ProLogic II.
Quote:

Multichannel signals are already occupying all of your speaker channels, so ProLogic can't do anything for them and you won't see its indicator. Also, most computer media players will inappropriately use all 7.1 channels when they play stereo soundtracks. That'll also prevent ProLogic from being used. (My ongoing quest for media players which handle stereo audio signals correctly is available at http://www.avsforum.com/t/1495316/which-media-players-reconfigure-hdmi-to-match-number-of-source-channels )

I apologize for not explaining this well. The best way to describe what's going on is that the receiver is taking in a DTS-HD Master audio signal, but no matter what I try, it's processing it as Dolby ProLogic II for output. There should be a way for the signal to pass straight through (OR, have the receiver recognize it is a DTS-HD signal and output it in its native format). I have an older AVR3805 (although not DTS-HD compatible), you could simply press a button on the remote to get the receiver to recognize the incoming signal and process it correctly. The AVR3313 appears to have a mind of its own when it comes to this...
post #9559 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 03:15 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:

Help!

This is making me batty. I cannot get my Denon AVR 3313IC to play 2-channel DTS-HD Master audio correctly. I am running HDMI Bitstream out from an OPPO 103 Blu-ray player. I have the inputs on the Denon set to the default Auto settings. When I check Information on the Denon, it shows DTS-HD Master audio for the input, but the output always reads Dolby Prologic II. I cannot get the blue HD light to show on the front display. This only happens with DTS-HD Master audio Mono and stereo signals. Multichannel signals work correctly. I've gone through Batpig's excellent "how to" instructions multiple times, but always get the same result. One thing he mentions is that if all else fails to press the "Standard" button on the remote to force the receiver to play back properly. I've looked high and low and cannot find a Standard button on the remote. What am I doing wrong??

This feature was discontinued beginning with the XX11 series.

"JD" –

post #9560 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

The Blue appears for DSX on my 3311, but not JUST for Multi-channel; but on my 3312, that is gone, too.

I LOVE that Blue light, wish they'd bring it back.

RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC 60" PLASMA 3D, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK BRD (iPhone APPs), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 HD DVD/BRD, iPod 8 GB, 13.2: KLIPSCH La Scala 1980 (Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers Sonicaps) FRONT, HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" WIDE, HERESY II CENTER/SURROUND, kg2 SB, kg3/kg1 Front/Rear HEIGHT, RW-12d SW, km-rsw
post #9561 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

When I have a DTS-HD multi-channel signal being input, the front display on the receiver reads DTS-HD Master and the blue HD light is on. Also, when I check the output INFORMATION section, it indicates that the receiver output is DTS-HD. This is not so with DTS-HD STEREO and MONO sources. It always displays dolby ProLogic II.

If you want a STEREO input signal to play in STEREO, then you should select the surround mode...... STEREO! wink.gif

Quote:
I've gone through Batpig's excellent "how to" instructions multiple times, but always get the same result. One thing he mentions is that if all else fails to press the "Standard" button on the remote to force the receiver to play back properly. I've looked high and low and cannot find a Standard button on the remote. What am I doing wrong??

You aren't doing anything wrong (other than not using STEREO mode if you want STEREO playback with a STEREO input). The "Standard" button disappeared a couple of years ago, I just haven't updated my website much.... because, not coindicentally, my first daughter arrived a little more than two years ago wink.gif

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #9562 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

"Standard" button disappeared with the xx12 series, iIrc.

RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

post #9563 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 06:26 PM

Is there a way to see the results of Audyssey without doing it again? I'm curious to know what it looked like.
post #9564 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Yes, you can always view the results in the parameter check section of the audyssey setup.

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #9565 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 06:58 PM

Cheers. Keep up the good work, batsy.
post #9566 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

If I understand you correctly, then, the only way to do this is by selecting STEREO, PURE or PURE DIRECT? Why can't the AVR3313 simply pass through the DTS-HD Master audio signal like it does with DTS-HD 5.1 and 7.1 signals? When I have a DTS-HD multi-channel signal being input, the front display on the receiver reads DTS-HD Master and the blue HD light is on. Also, when I check the output INFORMATION section, it indicates that the receiver output is DTS-HD. This is not so with DTS-HD STEREO and MONO sources. It always displays dolby ProLogic II.
Quote:

I apologize for not explaining this well. The best way to describe what's going on is that the receiver is taking in a DTS-HD Master audio signal, but no matter what I try, it's processing it as Dolby ProLogic II for output. There should be a way for the signal to pass straight through (OR, have the receiver recognize it is a DTS-HD signal and output it in its native format). I have an older AVR3805 (although not DTS-HD compatible), you could simply press a button on the remote to get the receiver to recognize the incoming signal and process it correctly. The AVR3313 appears to have a mind of its own when it comes to this...

Right: in this case you should select "stereo", since you're listening to two-channel audio. By definition, that's "stereo". ProLogic expands stereo into more channels. Direct and Pure Direct disable any processing at all.

The listening modes that are available vary depending on the number of channels in the incoming audio signal. See pages 75-80 in the 3313's owner's manual.

Does this help?
SanchoPanza likes this.

Selden
post #9567 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Does Audyssey correct frequency response curve of speakers? Or just volume?
post #9568 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 09:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Frequency response curves.

Selden
post #9569 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Seriously dude. Audyssey.com

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #9570 of 10732 Old 10-23-2013, 11:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Can someone explain the difference between Direct and Pure Direct for me?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 1513 Receiver , Denon Avr 1613 Receiver , Denon Avr 1713 Receiver , Denon Avr 1913 Receiver , Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page