The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 322 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-04-2013, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by stereo12 View Post

I'm using a Direct tv HD Dvr sat box connected to the Denon and then to my Vizio Tv with hdmi cables.  I've noticed that I keep on getting a sound drop out while watching tv shows hear and there.  Its like someone turned the volume down quicky for a split second.  I can rewind the dvr and it want repeat this at that same point.

Hi stereo12, most likely its the cable box. Does this happen with other source as well? Try setting the cable box audio output as stereo and see if the problem reoccurs. Or try doing a soft reset on the cable box or use optical cable from cable box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2013, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys,

Can someone be kind enough to measure the box dimension of AVR-X2000? Also, for AVR-X1000.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 27

I have a Pace cable box and I get the same thing when watching the Agents of Shield show on tv (HD or SD).  Not sure if it happens more often since I don't watch other shows anywhere near as loud.  Pretty sure it's the Pace box though for me since it doesn't do it on the bedroom tv or on AMC channel (wooooo Walking Dead! lol).  I had to call in and have them reset my box from their end.  Going to give it another week then try another cable box.  Good luck on yours!

Old 11-04-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm1179 View Post

Hi guys,

Can someone be kind enough to measure the box dimension of AVR-X2000? Also, for AVR-X1000.

Thanks in advance.

http://usa.denon.com/us/product/pages/productdetail.aspx?catalog=denonna_us&pcatid=avsolutions(denonna)&catid=avreceivers(denonna)&pid=avrx2000(denonna)

The numbers are right on the specs page.....

Old 11-04-2013, 07:26 PM

Liked: 10
@wdeydwondrer: i believe that is the product size, not the carton box (packaging) size.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm1179 View Post

@wdeydwondrer: i believe that is the product size, not the carton box (packaging) size.

ah, i see what you're after, sorry

Old 11-04-2013, 07:54 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Hi stereo12, most likely its the cable box. Does this happen with other source as well? Try setting the cable box audio output as stereo and see if the problem reoccurs. Or try doing a soft reset on the cable box or use optical cable from cable box.

I will try resetting the sat box and see what happens.  I need to watch a full movie to see if this occurs. It hasn't on what I've watched so far.  I'm really hoping I don't have to use an optical cable.  I like my Denon menu up on the tv screen.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeydwondrer View Post

I have a Pace cable box and I get the same thing when watching the Agents of Shield show on tv (HD or SD).  Not sure if it happens more often since I don't watch other shows anywhere near as loud.  Pretty sure it's the Pace box though for me since it doesn't do it on the bedroom tv or on AMC channel (wooooo Walking Dead! lol).  I had to call in and have them reset my box from their end.  Going to give it another week then try another cable box.  Good luck on yours!

Good luck with yours too.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:54 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by giedrys View Post

2. Airplay rocks!( at least when playing from itunes on PC hardwired to the network-tried playing some itunes radio via iphone and is choppy sometimes). But since majority of my music is in regular and hi-res FLAC, i would be more interested to do airplay from Foobar. Is it possible at all? I did some googling and apparently there are couple of apps in existence but users feedback is limited. Anyone uses this setup with XX13 receivers?

Eh, not really. It takes over zone 1. You can then change zone 1 back, but it shouldn't have to be that way. I don't know why this is, the other network functions don't take over zone 1.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:50 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by stereo12 View Post

I will try resetting the sat box and see what happens.  I need to watch a full movie to see if this occurs. It hasn't on what I've watched so far.  I'm really hoping I don't have to use an optical cable.  I like my Denon menu up on the tv screen.
Using an optical cable for audio has no effect on the video processing. You would still have the Denon menu on the TV.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1295 Post(s)
Liked: 690
HDMI audio dropouts can be a precursor to video dropouts. Unfortunately, the usual fix is to connect directly to the TV and bypass the receiver entirely, which is why "using an optical connection" usually implies losing the receiver's OSD. The HDMI implementation in satellite and cable set-top-boxes often does not interact well with the repeaters used in receivers. My understanding is that DirecTV is particularly prone to this problem. They've been reported to make firmware updates which break existing through-receiver configurations. While they eventually fix them, having to live with these kinds of glitches is a pain which can be avoided by a direct-to-TV HDMI connection.

Selden

Marantz SR7009+MM9000/Atmos 7.1.4 (FH+TM:DefTech PM1000)/LCR+TM amped
Old 11-05-2013, 08:13 AM

Liked: 11
Will any of these Denon models play audio in zone 2 or 3 (while also playing audio over the mains) from a networked DLNA source?
Old 11-05-2013, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1647 Post(s)
Liked: 1901
Al

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1647 Post(s)
Liked: 1901
Quote:
Originally Posted by jah.volunteer View Post

Will any of these Denon models play audio in zone 2 or 3 (while also playing audio over the mains) from a networked DLNA source?

Yes, all of them with multi zone can play network sources to zones 2/3. The models are discussed in detail right at the beginning of this thread.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
Old 11-05-2013, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralCoaster View Post

Eh, not really. It takes over zone 1. You can then change zone 1 back, but it shouldn't have to be that way. I don't know why this is, the other network functions don't take over zone 1.

confused.gif
Old 11-05-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

Yes, all of them with multi zone can play network sources to zones 2/3. The models are discussed in detail right at the beginning of this thread.

OK, thanks for the reply. I wanted to confirm because I was under the impression that they could only play a digital (audio) signal over either the mains or the zone(s), but not both at the same time (I'm referring to the same source, not two different sources).

Now that I've squared that away, will the Denons support gapless flac playback via DLNA?
Old 11-05-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post

HDMI audio dropouts can be a precursor to video dropouts. Unfortunately, the usual fix is to connect directly to the TV and bypass the receiver entirely, which is why "using an optical connection" usually implies losing the receiver's OSD. The HDMI implementation in satellite and cable set-top-boxes often does not interact well with the repeaters used in receivers. My understanding is that DirecTV is particularly prone to this problem. They've been reported to make firmware updates which break existing through-receiver configurations. While they eventually fix them, having to live with these kinds of glitches is a pain which can be avoided by a direct-to-TV HDMI connection.

I wonder if it's possible to use the hdmi for video only and use optical for audio while the hdmi is still connected to the receiver?  I really want to have my receivers OSD while watching tv.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:04 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 3727 Post(s)
Liked: 2182
^^
Yup.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call only for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
Old 11-05-2013, 06:26 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by giedrys View Post

confused.gif

Well, have you experienced differently? Try running airplay on zone 2 or 3 and see what happens to zone 1. May not be a big deal for some, but it kinda defeats the point of having independent zones. None of the other sources do this.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 500
it is what it is...

just 1 more pair of KLIPSCH Classic speakers...
RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC 60" PLASMA 3D, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK BRD (iPhone APPs), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 HD DVD/BRD, iPod 8 GB, 13.2: KLIPSCH La Scala 1980 (Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers Sonicaps) FRONT, HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" WIDE, HERESY II CENTER/SURROUND, kg2 SB, kg3/kg1 Front/Rear HEIGHT, RW-12d SW, km-rsw
Old 11-05-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:

Well, have you experienced differently? Try running airplay on zone 2 or 3 and see what happens to zone 1. May not be a big deal for some, but it kinda defeats the point of having independent zones. None of the other sources do this.

Would like some clarification on this too...
Old 11-07-2013, 07:42 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

What I'm trying to say is that you replied to my post while clearly having something else on your mind.

At this point i have no concerns about zones 2 or 3.

I only had 2 questions after installing 3313ci a few days ago:

1. About somewhat boomy sub output after applying audyssey and carefully following instructions
2. About accessing foobar2000 player via airplay. I found solution to this, even better one-playback via UPnP which doesn't have 16/44.1 limitations that airplay does.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1908 Post(s)
Liked: 958
^^^^^

As for the boomy sub, where did Audyssey set your sub trim after calibration?

AVR: Denon 4520ci, FL/R: Klipschorn, CC: Klipsch RC-64ii, SUR: Polk LS/FX x4, FH: Klipsch RB-51ii x2, SUB: PSA T-18 x2, DISP: Mitsubishi WD-73740, BluRay: PS3 & BDP-S5100, Remote: URC MX-700
--------------------------------------------------
Getting Started with REW
Audyssey 101
Audyssey FAQ
Old 11-07-2013, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I swapped out a 3310 for a 3313 and added a different TV to my secondary HT. Problem now is I cannot get the GUI to work.

My guess is the TV is the main problem. It’s a 2006 Samsung LCD. Supposed to be HDCP compliant but the guide doesn’t even list an option for connecting the TV to an AVR (even though the TV has 3 HDMI jacks).

The GUI used to work on the prior TV I was using, a newer Toshiba. Checked all the settings and everything seems fine. I plugged the HDMI cable (Blue Jean Cable) into HDMI1 on the TV and then into the Monitor jack on the Denon. Nothing.

Couldn’t find an extra component cable but did hook up an S-video. Strangely, I could get the GUI to appear on my TV only when I hit the NET/USB button and switched the TV source to S-Video from HDMI1. I could even sign in to Rapsody and control my music.

Once I switch to another HDMI source – TV, DVD, GAME – nothing.

Any ideas? I am guessing the GUI won’t work with HDMI and maybe I should get a cheap component cable to test out.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:15 PM
585-645-1006

Ensure that the "Video Convert" setting is set to ON for each video source you want the GUI to overlay. You may also want to try a soft reset by unplugging the AVR for 10 minutes.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call only for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
Old 11-07-2013, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Hey JD, thanks for responding. I dunno. I thought I had video convert on via a universal selection. Maybe I don't for every input. I will double check. Already tried a soft and hard reset. I have two Denons - also own the 4311 - and I thought I knew the Denon settings pretty darn well by now. Gonna have to fiddle some more.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 723 Post(s)
Liked: 308
I need help figuring out a setup. I want to output monitor 2 to my computer monitor and use it for my Mac mini. First of all I know I asked at one point, but I can't remember or seem to figure it out. I have my manual elsewhere at the moment. I can output to my computer monitor through monitor 2 and have someone using the computer on that monitor run through my 3313 and I can be watching a movie correct? Do I have to use zone 2?

or am i mistaken and monitor 2 can only mimic what i have on my tv? is there a way to achieve this without having to get an hdmi splitter?

PSN ID: Jlpowell84
DIY Sound Group Volt 10 surround speaker build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1531107/di...axial-speakers
My Setup Thread
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...4-s-setup.html
Old 11-08-2013, 10:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 723 Post(s)
Liked: 308
I figured it out !!! Needed zone 2. Pretty cool to be able to put any input i have on either zone! Main is obviously the HT speaker/sub setup and Zone 2 I will have a pair of Denon headphones for sound. Haven't used this feature yet but it is really cool:D

PSN ID: Jlpowell84
DIY Sound Group Volt 10 surround speaker build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1531107/di...axial-speakers
My Setup Thread
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...4-s-setup.html
Old 11-09-2013, 02:18 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Hi guys, I have a very practical question regarding PL II and Neo 6 that after reading posts and posts on the net could not come to a conclusive decision or guidance i can follow.

I have a 5.1 setup and it is all good watching movies etc. My question is when watching cable, most of the channels are stereo and I want to matrix the audio for a surround effect, esp for sports. Can anyone tell me what should I use:

1) Pro Logic II Music

2) Neo 6 Music

3) Pro Logic II Cinema

4) Neo 6 Cinema

It is really difficult to decide.

My observation is that PL II is very center heavy, and Neo 6 is very surround (rear) heavy. But which one is the better in terms of quality for cable stereo channels? I was watching a news channel yesterday and comparing PL II Music vs PL II Cinema was able to distinguish that the newscaster voice was very well isolated in the center of PL II Cinema, while it was bleeding to the surround on PL II Music. Thus, I am under the impression for cable stereo sources it is better to use the Cinema version of any of those two DSPs?
Old 11-09-2013, 02:59 AM
585-645-1006

^^
The answer is always going to be "whatever suits your preference is the correct surround mode" noting that the MOVIE modes are more center oriented whereas the MUSIC modes are more FL/FR oriented as would be expected with stereo audio listening.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST

Tags
Denon Avr 1513 Receiver , Denon Avr 1613 Receiver , Denon Avr 1713 Receiver , Denon Avr 1913 Receiver , Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon