The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 356 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #10651 of 10659 Old Yesterday, 04:42 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked: 1374
^^
Try doing a microprocessor reset and start from scratch. Set HDMI Control to ON on the AVR. Power off the AVR and TV. Power on the TV, wait 4-5 seconds and then power on the AVR. See if you can set the TV Audio to "Receiver". If yes, yeh!

If no, have you tried connecting the 1913 to the 2nd Sammy that has the Yamaha connected to it to see if ARC works with it?

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 

Last edited by jdsmoothie; Yesterday at 04:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10652 of 10659 Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I did try the 2nd Sammy with the cables that I know work (ones currently connected to Yamaha). I plugged into the Denon, and the 2nd Sammy cannot choose Receiver. I can still see the Denon on the Sammy HDMI ARC port though. So I am pretty confident its something in the receiver. If I reset the microprocessor, do I have to resetup all the speakers and everything? Or will they just work right away?

Thanks!
post #10653 of 10659 Old Today, 06:10 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Resetting the microprocessor will return all settings to factory default and wipe out the Audyssey settings unless you use the Web Control SAVE/LOAD procedure (p. 89 Owner's manual).

The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
post #10654 of 10659 Old Today, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the AVR-2313CI in my theater, with an HTPC and PS3 as sources. I'm trying to run an HDMI to a TV in another room from the receiver's 2nd output. Is there a way to still use the TV's speakers and not have the theater speakers still on as well?

__________________________________________________ ______

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1415464/aa...sement-theater
post #10655 of 10659 Old Today, 11:43 AM
585-645-1006

^^
With an HDMI source, you can set HDMI Audio Out to "TV", but this would then apply to both outputs, otherwise you would need to use a model with Zone 2 (HDMI) out (eg. X3000, X4000, X3100W, X4100W) to pass video/audio to the Zone 2 display independent from the main zone.

post #10656 of 10659 Old Today, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronN View Post
I have the AVR-2313CI in my theater, with an HTPC and PS3 as sources. I'm trying to run an HDMI to a TV in another room from the receiver's 2nd output. Is there a way to still use the TV's speakers and not have the theater speakers still on as well?
The 2313CI doesn't have an independent 2nd HDMI output, rather, it's simply a split/mirrored output for the 2 HDMI outs. So that means any settings that are on one apply to the other.

When the receiver is powered on, there is an HDMI Audio setting which can be toggled between AMP and TV. When set to AMP the external speakers will make noise; when set to TV the audio is not processed by the receiver but is passed through the receiver to the display. This is an either/or setting, so if you set it to TV the speakers would be silent in the theater room.

Alternately, if you don't need a picture in both rooms, you can use the HDMI Standby Passthrough feature so that the HDMI input passes through passively to the TV when the receiver is powered down. Turn it on for the theatre room, keep it on standby when you want to use the TV.

If you want true independence for the 2 diplays, you need a receiver with an independent matrix HDMI Zone 2 output, that is found on the step up model in your year (3313CI) or in the replacement for your model (X3000) and higher level models. With these models you could be watching surround sound on the projector with one HDMI source while passing a different HDMI source to the TV.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #10657 of 10659 Old Today, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
With an HDMI source, you can set HDMI Audio Out to "TV", but this would then apply to both outputs, otherwise you would need to use a model with Zone 2 (HDMI) out (eg. X3000, X4000, X3100W, X4100W) to pass video/audio to the Zone 2 display independent from the main zone.

Ok, that's not horrible. I only have to switch it off of "TV" when we use the theater then, right?

Thanks so much for your help.

post #10658 of 10659 Old Today, 11:54 AM
585-645-1006

Correct.

post #10659 of 10659 Old Today, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
The 2313CI doesn't have an independent 2nd HDMI output, rather, it's simply a split/mirrored output for the 2 HDMI outs. So that means any settings that are on one apply to the other.

When the receiver is powered on, there is an HDMI Audio setting which can be toggled between AMP and TV. When set to AMP the external speakers will make noise; when set to TV the audio is not processed by the receiver but is passed through the receiver to the display. This is an either/or setting, so if you set it to TV the speakers would be silent in the theater room.

Alternately, if you don't need a picture in both rooms, you can use the HDMI Standby Passthrough feature so that the HDMI input passes through passively to the TV when the receiver is powered down. Turn it on for the theatre room, keep it on standby when you want to use the TV.

If you want true independence for the 2 diplays, you need a receiver with an independent matrix HDMI Zone 2 output, that is found on the step up model in your year (3313CI) or in the replacement for your model (X3000) and higher level models. With these models you could be watching surround sound on the projector with one HDMI source while passing a different HDMI source to the TV.
That's an awesome idea, as the TV is the kids' playroom. Thanks!

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 1513 Receiver , Denon Avr 1613 Receiver , Denon Avr 1713 Receiver , Denon Avr 1913 Receiver , Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page