The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 357 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Audio > Receivers, Amps, and Processors > The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ

Receivers, Amps, and Processors

_Michaelangelo_'s Avatar _Michaelangelo_
09:32 AM Liked: 39
post #10681 of 10703
08-26-2014 | Posts: 401
Joined: Apr 2003
I needed to order a replacement remote for my AVR 3313CI.

- Denon's website is USELESS as searching for RC-1166 returns zero results.
- The manual is completely USELESS for ordering replacement parts. Searching for "replacement", "order", "ordering" returns 1, 26 false positives, and zero results respectively.
- Amazon doesn't have any retailers that stock it either.

I ended up going to their website:

http://usa.denon.com/us/support/orderparts

It would be nice if this question was added to the FAQ

Q. Where to order replacement parts?
A. It depends where you live.

* USA, visit http://usa.denon.com/us/support/orderparts
* Canda, email: parts@denon.ca

Thanks
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie
11:02 AM Liked: 1434
post #10682 of 10703
08-26-2014 | Posts: 43,971
Joined: Sep 2007
Huh? Zero results? A google search on the first page for me turned up in stock for $45 at ...

http://www.denon.newremotecontrol.co...=30701010500AD

However, I always recommend skipping the stock remote and putting the money towards a Harmony remote ($65-$150 for most models) which can do all the same functions plus handle 4-12 other devices depending on what model you get.
baloo_btru's Avatar baloo_btru
01:24 PM Liked: 102
post #10683 of 10703
08-26-2014 | Posts: 693
Joined: May 2007
FWIW, so far I have had 3 offers for $200 each. I countered with $240 for each of them (I listed at $300 on craigslist) but everyone was firm on their $200.
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie
01:30 PM Liked: 1434
post #10684 of 10703
08-26-2014 | Posts: 43,971
Joined: Sep 2007
^^
Well.... if you can hold out longer ... do so ... but yet another option is to use it for Zone 2 or Zone 3 duties, or even to expand the X4000 from 7CH to 9CH in the main zone.
sikclown's Avatar sikclown
01:42 PM Liked: 215
post #10685 of 10703
08-26-2014 | Posts: 946
Joined: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
Amazon and eBay are generally good barometers as to resale price. With it still selling new for just under $600, likely $400-$450 would be a good resale value.
That's what I was thinking. Thanks! Now hurry up and ship my x5200w I kid.....kind of ha
baloo_btru's Avatar baloo_btru
06:17 PM Liked: 102
post #10686 of 10703
08-26-2014 | Posts: 693
Joined: May 2007
Well the x4000 I wanted was sold I may still be able to get one as end of life though now that the new ones are available.

Thoughts on the upgrade from 2113 and tangible differences? Now I'm torn whether to buy a receiver or upgrade my sub first.

I'm pretty sure the sub will give me more bang for my buck but I'm not 100%'
vfr350's Avatar vfr350
12:37 AM Liked: 10
post #10687 of 10703
08-27-2014 | Posts: 25
Joined: Apr 2012
So i updated firmware, no change still locks. So i disconnected the blue ray and ran it directly to the tv, tv has always been connected to the rcvr via the arc connection which works w/o locking so far. Anyway looks like its going in for repair very disappointed, not as reliable as my 20+ yr old kenwood rcvr still going strong. Guess i'm just sour, thought denon's were more reliable than this.
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie
04:41 AM Liked: 1434
post #10688 of 10703
08-27-2014 | Posts: 43,971
Joined: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr350 View Post
So i updated firmware, no change still locks. So i disconnected the blue ray and ran it directly to the tv, tv has always been connected to the rcvr via the arc connection which works w/o locking so far. Anyway looks like its going in for repair very disappointed, not as reliable as my 20+ yr old kenwood rcvr still going strong. Guess i'm just sour, thought denon's were more reliable than this.
The technology in current models far surpasses that of your 20 year old stereo receiver. It's common for every brand to have a small % of defective units.
Toadus's Avatar Toadus
06:44 AM Liked: 11
post #10689 of 10703
08-27-2014 | Posts: 18
Joined: Apr 2011
Hi guys.

Is it possible to output over optical with the 3313? I have a set of surround headphones which have an optical input, and rather than plugging them into each different device every time I want to use one of them, I would much prefer just to switch to the desired input on the AVR (where all my devices are connected to...) and send the audio out through the optical to the headphones... Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie
07:35 AM Liked: 1434
post #10690 of 10703
08-27-2014 | Posts: 43,971
Joined: Sep 2007
^^
Sorry, but no as D&M models (to include your 3313CI) no longer feature OPT OUT jacks. You'll likely want to get an HDMI switch which will pass the HDMI signal on to the AVR with converted optical output to your headphones.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?seq...Fahj7Aod1Q8AJQ
Toadus's Avatar Toadus
07:56 AM Liked: 11
post #10691 of 10703
08-27-2014 | Posts: 18
Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
Sorry, but no as D&M models (to include your 3313CI) no longer feature OPT OUT jacks. You'll likely want to get an HDMI switch which will pass the HDMI signal on to the AVR with converted optical output to your headphones.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?seq...Fahj7Aod1Q8AJQ
Thanks a lot for your help.
Alan P's Avatar Alan P
07:57 AM Liked: 208
post #10692 of 10703
08-27-2014 | Posts: 2,159
Joined: Jan 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by baloo_btru View Post
Well the x4000 I wanted was sold I may still be able to get one as end of life though now that the new ones are available.

Thoughts on the upgrade from 2113 and tangible differences? Now I'm torn whether to buy a receiver or upgrade my sub first.

I'm pretty sure the sub will give me more bang for my buck but I'm not 100%'
What sub(s) do you have now? IMO, a quality sub is the #1 best upgrade you can do as long as you have a "capable" AVR (which you do). Yeah, the XT32 is nice, but if you don't have the sub(s) to take advantage of the better bass EQ it's kind of wasted.
baloo_btru's Avatar baloo_btru
09:04 AM Liked: 102
post #10693 of 10703
08-27-2014 | Posts: 693
Joined: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
What sub(s) do you have now? IMO, a quality sub is the #1 best upgrade you can do as long as you have a "capable" AVR (which you do). Yeah, the XT32 is nice, but if you don't have the sub(s) to take advantage of the better bass EQ it's kind of wasted.
Thanks for the input. I agree with you and was planning on upgrading the sub first. But since this deal was there, it was driving me towards that.

My sub is the klipsch rw-12d, and it is definitely the weak point of my system. I plan on upgrading to a pb-2000 (with a plan of getting a second eventually, if I can fit it somehow) or getting a pb-12 plus and sticking with the single sub.

Decisions, decisions. I'll prob just go for a sub for now.
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie
09:15 AM Liked: 1434
post #10694 of 10703
08-27-2014 | Posts: 43,971
Joined: Sep 2007
^^
Also keep in mind with the purchase of a SVS sub, if you decide to upgrade to a higher model within the 1st year, SVS will apply the cost you paid (less shipping) towards the higher model, or if you decide to purchase a second sub, they'll give you a 5% cut in the price for the 2nd sub.
_Michaelangelo_'s Avatar _Michaelangelo_
12:46 PM Liked: 39
post #10695 of 10703
08-27-2014 | Posts: 401
Joined: Apr 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Huh? Zero results? A google search on the first page for me turned up in stock for $45 at ...

http://www.denon.newremotecontrol.co...=30701010500AD

However, I always recommend skipping the stock remote and putting the money towards a Harmony remote ($65-$150 for most models) which can do all the same functions plus handle 4-12 other devices depending on what model you get.
I never tried Google as I went directly to the 2 common choices. I dislike "3rd" party sites as they can be shady; I prefer OEM sites as they are reputable.

Thanks for the link to newremotecontrol. I've seen that site before but completely forgot to check it! I ordered it from there since Denon's customer service is next to useless. (I already emailed Denon twice -- no response.)

Thanks, but no thanks on the Harmony remote. I already have the RF20 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FL9E6K/ and MX350 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007PCB6O/. I specifically asked for a Denon replacement remote, not an ├╝ber remote, but thanks for the suggestion.

I also ordered some replacement remotes for my Panasonic TH-P60VT60 yesterday. They arrived today. Panasonic's customer service puts Denon's to shame. :-/
_Michaelangelo_'s Avatar _Michaelangelo_
01:02 PM Liked: 39
post #10696 of 10703
08-27-2014 | Posts: 401
Joined: Apr 2003
Fixed the random volume control issue I mentioned earlier. Turns out I had a bad HDMI cable.

Last night I was seeing a really strange issue ...

On the front LED display the AVR kept cycling between Offset -4 db and Offset -7 db?? Dynamic Volume, and MultEQ were all OFF. Dynamic EQ was on for some reason so I turned it off. I switched to Direct mode and it kept happening.

Check this morning, and the volume cycle is not happening. Also Audio > Audyssey is now grayed out?

Searching the manual only has 3 reference to "Offset". The first results mentions "Reference Level Offset" .. default is 0db. The 3rd result is the index which refers to page 119 for "Reference Level Offset".

The 2nd result on Pg 144 lists "Offset - 4db" so maybe the receiver was trying to dynamically correct dialog levels? I just want to know how to re-enable it and what I did to permanently turn it off!


jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie
01:06 PM Liked: 1434
post #10697 of 10703
08-27-2014 | Posts: 43,971
Joined: Sep 2007
^^
The "-4db offset" is a Dialogue Normalization featured encoded into DD audio tracks which can range from -32db to +32db and cannot be adjusted by the user.
baloo_btru's Avatar baloo_btru
06:55 PM Liked: 102
post #10698 of 10703
08-27-2014 | Posts: 693
Joined: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
Also keep in mind with the purchase of a SVS sub, if you decide to upgrade to a higher model within the 1st year, SVS will apply the cost you paid (less shipping) towards the higher model, or if you decide to purchase a second sub, they'll give you a 5% cut in the price for the 2nd sub.
Very true I forgot about the upgrade (I was more focused on the discount for duals). That makes it more appealing to go with a pb2000 first and see how it goes for my use. I have a feeling it's so much better than what I have I'll be pretty happy.
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie
02:42 AM Liked: 1434
post #10699 of 10703
08-28-2014 | Posts: 43,971
Joined: Sep 2007
^^
Trust the force, Luke.
_Michaelangelo_'s Avatar _Michaelangelo_
02:26 PM Liked: 39
post #10700 of 10703
08-28-2014 | Posts: 401
Joined: Apr 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
The "-4db offset" is a Dialogue Normalization featured encoded into DD audio tracks which can range from -32db to +32db and cannot be adjusted by the user.
Thanks for the explanation JD !

Too bad the 3313CI manual doesn't actually _list_ what the range, -32 db and +32 db offsets, actually are on Pg 144.

I'm surprised I've never seen this with a DTS source. Going to have to pay more attention now!
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie
04:52 PM Liked: 1434
post #10701 of 10703
08-28-2014 | Posts: 43,971
Joined: Sep 2007
^^
" ....only encoded on Dolby Digital ....."
bodean's Avatar bodean
04:07 PM Liked: 22
post #10702 of 10703
Yesterday | Posts: 552
Joined: Mar 2008
Question with Video/Output Settings.
I enable i/p Scaler: Analog & HDMI.
For Resolution (HDMI) should I leave AUTO, or 1080p, or 1080p:24Hz?
My Sony TV/Xbox One are feed through the receiver.
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie
04:27 PM Liked: 1434
post #10703 of 10703
Yesterday | Posts: 43,971
Joined: Sep 2007
^^
Use whichever setting provides the best picture, although most likely simply set i/P scaler to OFF.
Tags: Denon Avr 1513 Receiver , Denon Avr 1613 Receiver , Denon Avr 1713 Receiver , Denon Avr 1913 Receiver , Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon

Gear in this thread
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Subscribe to this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3