The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 358 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #10711 of 10739 Old 09-08-2014, 08:04 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1013 Post(s)
Liked: 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbikefuel80 View Post
Any word on if the AVR-3313CI will receive a firmware update to HDMI 2.0? I searched the thread from when the announcement was made for the new HDMI 2.0 protocols but hadn't seen any mention of it.
You will need to upgrade to a new 2014 unit for HDMI 2.0, however, a dual HDMI 2.0 BDP will work just fine with your 3313CI passing the video to the TV and audio to the AVR.

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 

Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10712 of 10739 Old 09-08-2014, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
AVR2113 DAC inputs

Hi, I have combed through fairly well but can't get the answer to this (my combing isn't as thorough today as before as it is directly proportional to the amount of hair left on my head!).
Which inputs on the AVR2113 can handle FLAC 24/192 files into the DAC... coax, TosLink?

Regards,
David
post #10713 of 10739 Old 09-09-2014, 02:16 PM

Volume drop

Hi guys!

I know I've read something about this issue once before but can't seem to find the post again.
I earlier had an issue that when navigating in the PS3 menu, the first or two clicks on the remote to move around in the menu didn't give any click sound from the avr.
The click sound gradually increased when moving fast back and forth in the menu until I stoped, then it acted the same way when I started to navigate again.
I first though it had something to do with the handshake between the PS3 and the receiver as the PCM icon on the display flashed each time I started to navigate.

I evetually got rid of it, but can't remember if it was with a processor reset of the receiver or if it dissapeared when I switched to a new PS3.

Now I have the same issue again but this time with my Apple TV.
The Apple TV is connected with a HDMI cable and it doesn't matter to which HDMI input I have it connected to.
I have tried different sound settings in both the avr and the Apple TV.
The PCM icon flashes onec on the display when I'm starting to navigate and the menu click sound increases gradually.

Any help would be much appreciated.
post #10714 of 10739 Old 09-09-2014, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Try changing the dynamic volume setting in the AVR.
post #10715 of 10739 Old 09-10-2014, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Yes, turn OFF Dynamic Volume.

AVR:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FL/R:

CC:

SUR:
SUB:
DISP:
post #10716 of 10739 Old 09-10-2014, 12:25 PM

Still same... the only difference is that with Dynamic Volume set to On, the clicks sound louder as with the D.V. sett to Off.
Need to add that if I have the volume high enough on the receiver, say 40db+, the first click sound aswell, the second, third and fourth increases as each time I press the remote to navigate.

Here's a demo

Last edited by virre; 09-10-2014 at 12:30 PM.
post #10717 of 10739 Old 09-13-2014, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudds View Post
One question that's perplexing me. I'm hooking up an Xbox 360 and a PS3, and the receiver is exhibiting a weird behavior with both of them. Initially I ran both consoles to my TV through HDMI and then ran an optical cable from TV to receiver, so I would only have to change inputs on the TV and leave the receiver on the same input all the time. When hooked up like this, the 360 worked fine, but I would hear no sound out of the PS3 for 2-3 seconds after it would start sending a signal to the receiver. For instance in the XMB menu, if I start navigating the menu, the little "ding" menu sound is missing for the first two or three movements, then kicks in afterward. If I let it sit for another 5 seconds and then start navigating again, same thing. It's almost like the receiver is going to "sleep" in the absence of a signal and then taking a few seconds to wake up again.

I tried instead connecting the consoles directly to the receiver's HDMI inputs and then running a single HDMI to the TV, and now the reverse is true. The PS3 outputs sound properly, but the 360 is exhibiting the weird sleep-lag phenomenon, so if I move around the dashboard menu, or go from silence to playing music, the first couple of seconds doesn't register and then it kicks back in.
This is the exact same issue that I have mentioned above. Did you ever get this solved?
post #10718 of 10739 Old 09-13-2014, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virre View Post
This is the exact same issue that I have mentioned above. Did you ever get this solved?
Ok, I've found the source..
I went in to Input select, Decode Mode and changed it from Auto to PCM.
So I think that this occurs due to the fact that the receiver needs to auto detect the decode signal and that's why it lags for a second? Why doesn't it detect the mode right away and stays on that?
So the question is, can leave it on auto and hope that this doesn't affect anything when watching something through the Apple TV and hope that when it has already detected the decode mode it stay on that mode untill I get back to the menu?
My fear is that it accts like this in let say Netflix and that it can affects the sound... but that's maybe a dumb assumption?

EDIT: Setting decode mode premanently to PCM doesn't work for Netflix so I have to leave it on Auto.

Last edited by virre; 09-13-2014 at 06:39 AM.
post #10719 of 10739 Old 09-13-2014, 09:54 AM

Liked: 0
front right speaker has low volume

I've had my 2113CI for a year. Recently I found the front right speaker has much lower volume than the others. Initially I thought it's a connection problem so I switched speakers, speaker wires...but no luck.Even I give a 12db boost to the front right channel, it still sounds quiet and is with some noise. This happens for all audio modes when I use the HDMI as input. However, when I play network sources (pandora, mp3s from NAS), I can use the pure or pure direct mode to get normal/balanced sound output from the front speakers (this also confirms the connections and speakers are ok). In other modes (music stereo, mul ch stereo) playing network source, the front right speaker would have very low volume again....Tried resetting the micro-processor but it didt solve the problem....
What could be wrong? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!
post #10720 of 10739 Old 09-13-2014, 11:22 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Try doing 5 micro resets in a row. If no joy, the unit has a 3 year warranty. Check Denon's website for any authorized repair facilities in your local area, otherwise call the factory repair center PanurgyOEM in NJ.

"JD" –

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 09-14-2014 at 04:44 PM.
post #10721 of 10739 Old 09-13-2014, 11:36 PM

Exclamation All HDMI Ports Dead on 3313CI including HDMI Ports of TV and Projector

Out of the blue, All the HDMI ports (all input and output) seems to be dead on my Denon 3313ci. Not only the AVR is affected but no HDMI ports on my Samsung ES7500 series TV and EPSON 2030 projector are dead to.

So far I have did a soft reset of all devices, disconnected all cables and tested each of them separately with a known good source but no use. TV and Projector are also not taking any direct HDMI connections on any of the HDMI ports. There is no apparent signs of shorting or burning on any of the equipment. The common point between all the devices is Denon 3313ci.

I have done a factory reset of TV and directly connected a source to it but TV cannot detect any HDMI source connected. I will be trying a hard reset of the AVR but I suspect it will be also of no use.

I'm totally baffled and have searched the net but haven't came across any similar case, where the AVR and all the connected equipment HDMI get screwed up like this.

Any help would be appreciated.
post #10722 of 10739 Old 09-14-2014, 01:03 AM
585-645-1006

^^
If there was a nearby thunderstorm, it's possible a lightning strike took out all of the HDMI boards. Try unplugging the devices over night and try again the next day. If still no joy, time to call the insurance company.

"JD" –

post #10723 of 10739 Old 09-14-2014, 01:23 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
If there was a nearby thunderstorm, it's possible a lightning strike took out all of the HDMI boards. Try unplugging the devices over night and try again the next day. If still no joy, time to call the insurance company.
No thunderstorm .... just didn't know what happened. Already kept them unplugged all night and did a 5 time microprocessor reset for Denon. Guess there is nothing that can be done
post #10724 of 10739 Old 09-14-2014, 01:47 AM
585-645-1006

^^
HDMI boards are fairly sensitive, so apparently your home's electrical had some sort of power surge. So time to get Home Owner's insurance involved.

"JD" –

post #10725 of 10739 Old 09-14-2014, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
1713 won't release airplay connection

When I choose the 1713 as one of my speakers through iTunes Airplay, the receiver turns on and properly plays the music.

The problem occurs if I stop the song in iTunes or quit iTunes. The receiver holds onto the connection and won't release it. In the display it still shows the name of the last song played.

The result is that when I then go to start a new song or start iTunes again, I get the message that the Denon can't be accessed because it is already in use by another device.

Power cycling the receiver fixes the problem but is obviously a pain in the ass since the receiver is in the other room.

The 1713 is connected to my network directly through an Ethernet cable running into my Airport Extreme.

Any ideas for fixes or any others have this issue?
post #10726 of 10739 Old 09-14-2014, 07:54 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Try stopping the network connection as well using the Denon remote by pressing/holding the ENTER button.

This and many more troubleshooting tips are provided in post 3 of this thread. Review posts 3-6 for more helpful information.

The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread

"JD" –

post #10727 of 10739 Old 09-14-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
^^
Try stopping the network connection as well using the Denon remote by pressing/holding the ENTER button.

This and many more troubleshooting tips are provided in post 3 of this thread. Review posts 3-6 for more helpful information.

The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread
Not really a solution to have to stop the network connection every time I start and stop iTunes. Is that what you're suggesting?

And I just tried that and it still doesn't release the connection. When I restart iTunes and try to send music to the Denon, it says that it is in use by another source.

Thanks though.

Last edited by explorz; 09-14-2014 at 08:45 AM.
post #10728 of 10739 Old 09-14-2014, 08:55 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Correct. That is the solution. If not working for you, trying doing a soft reset by unplugging the AVR for 10 minutes.

"JD" –

post #10729 of 10739 Old 09-14-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
^^
Correct. That is the solution. If not working for you, trying doing a soft reset by unplugging the AVR for 10 minutes.
Hmmmmm, Not really a solution since I can already get it to reset by doing a power recycle. I am not interested in having to do anything at all (work arounds) to my receiver in order to get it to work properly and release the airplay connection when iTunes stops sending data.

Thanks anyway for trying, but really this is not a solution since it involves having to mess with my receiver every time I start and stop iTunes from the other room.
post #10730 of 10739 Old 09-14-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
^^
Try doing 5 micro resets in a row. If no joy, the unit has a 3 year warranty. Check Denon's website for any authorized repair facilities in your local area, others call the factory repair center PanurgyOEM in NJ.

Thanks. Did 5 resets in a row, no joy...
for a last try before I'd sent it to the shop, I plugged in a USB stick and played the MP3s on that drive....and...for no good reason, the front right speaker's volume magically got back to normal! Then I tried the other sources.. the front right channel's output is still normal...
I think the problem is gone!
post #10731 of 10739 Old 09-16-2014, 08:19 AM

Hey All,

I have the Denon 1613. Works great, but with TV audio, how can I make that go through the receiver and the surrounding speakers? I'm running the HDMI from the TV (which has the audio return capability), but when I select "TV audio" on the Denon remote, I still only get audio from the TV directly.

Thanks.
post #10732 of 10739 Old 09-16-2014, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
Liked: 1238
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraftomatic View Post
Hey All,

I have the Denon 1613. Works great, but with TV audio, how can I make that go through the receiver and the surrounding speakers? I'm running the HDMI from the TV (which has the audio return capability), but when I select "TV audio" on the Denon remote, I still only get audio from the TV directly.

Thanks.
1. Make sure the HDMI cable is plugged into the input labeled "ARC" on both devices
2. Make sure HDMI Control is enabled on the receiver

Beyond that it's up to the tv settings. If you've done the above and don't get audio when you hit the "tv audio" button on the Denon remote, then you need to find the setting in your tv me is to enable external audio output.
post #10733 of 10739 Old 09-17-2014, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
1. Make sure the HDMI cable is plugged into the input labeled "ARC" on both devices
2. Make sure HDMI Control is enabled on the receiver

Beyond that it's up to the tv settings. If you've done the above and don't get audio when you hit the "tv audio" button on the Denon remote, then you need to find the setting in your tv me is to enable external audio output.
1. Yes, both are.
2. I'll double check. I assume HDMI is enabled, since I use the receiver on other HDMI devices.

I checked the TV. Nothing special. It's a year-old Panasonic. External output options are either HDMI or optical and it's set to HDMI ..
post #10734 of 10739 Old 09-17-2014, 08:52 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Panasonic - set VierraLink to ON as well as audio to "Home Theater"
AVR - HDMI Control is set to ON

Once set, power both devices OFF and then power on the TV followed 4-5 seconds later by the AVR. You'll know it's working correctly when the AVR automatically switches to the "TV Audio" input.

"JD" –

post #10735 of 10739 Old 09-17-2014, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorz View Post
Hmmmmm, Not really a solution since I can already get it to reset by doing a power recycle. I am not interested in having to do anything at all (work arounds) to my receiver in order to get it to work properly and release the airplay connection when iTunes stops sending data.

Thanks anyway for trying, but really this is not a solution since it involves having to mess with my receiver every time I start and stop iTunes from the other room.
His suggestion is to do a soft reset of the AVR as a way to resolve the problem. The hope is that after the soft reset, it will start working properly.

Remember that the AVR is basically a specialized computer. Sometimes, it gets into a snit and won't play correctly. Various reset methods are like a "re-boot" - the hope being that it will get out of its snit and resume correct operations.

To be clear, he wasn't suggesting that you unplug the AVR each time you finish listening to iTunes
post #10736 of 10739 Old 09-17-2014, 04:45 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Yes, thanks for clearing that up.

"JD" –

post #10737 of 10739 Old 09-17-2014, 05:28 PM

Ahhhhh, good to know. I had asked "Not really a solution to have to stop the network connection every time I start and stop iTunes. Is that what you're suggesting?" And the reply was, "Yes, that is correct."

So, I thought he meant each time.

I did do the soft reset and also unplugged the receiver for 10 minutes.

Unfortunately the issue remains. When iTunes stops sending data via airplay, my Denon 1713 does not release the connection and blocks any attempts for any other machine or even the same machine to connect through iTunes. Powering off and on is the only thing that forces the Denon to release the connection.

I appreciate the clarification and the ideas.
post #10738 of 10739 Old Yesterday, 04:33 AM
585-645-1006

^^
To be clear ... you asked if stopping the network every time was the solution to which I answered "that is correct." I then responded that if that didn't work, a soft reset would be required, but gave no indication as to it being required every time.

"JD" –

post #10739 of 10739 Old Today, 07:19 AM

Quote:
^^
Panasonic - set VierraLink to ON as well as audio to "Home Theater"
AVR - HDMI Control is set to ON

Once set, power both devices OFF and then power on the TV followed 4-5 seconds later by the AVR. You'll know it's working correctly when the AVR automatically switches to the "TV Audio" input.
This worked JD, thank you. Much appreciated.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 1513 Receiver , Denon Avr 1613 Receiver , Denon Avr 1713 Receiver , Denon Avr 1913 Receiver , Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page