The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 365 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #10921 of 10928 Old 12-20-2014, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafizur View Post
Sooooooo last night i watched my first full movie with the new setup. WOW!! audio is incredible. MAN i loved it. felt like i was in a theatre and the volume was only at 60. It was so loud!! the details and clarity was amazing. I'm so happy with the purchase and setup. Thanks jd for all your help again. sooo satisfied. Next purchase will be the subwoofer. Looking at SVS SB2000 and then finally the rears.

Naf,

What levels did you ultimately arrive at?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10922 of 10928 Old 12-20-2014, 10:10 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 2215 Post(s)
Liked: 1810
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxracer View Post
Setup
Receiver - Denon AVR 1513
Projector - Optoma (works with anything plugged directly into it, just not the Denon)

So all of a sudden, I cant get my projector to get a signal from this Denon receiver anymore.

I have BluRay, Comcast HD, and Playstation all plugged into it. There is 30' cord that goes into wall and to the ceiling where the Projector is.

If I plug in individual devices directly to the projector, it will see them and show video (and sound from projector), but go back to everything plugged into the Denon base unit, and the projector just keeps scanning for a signal. (runs through HDMI, Composite, VGA, SVideo, RGA until it grabs). Usually when I turn the projector on, it would detect the receiver and display whatever I had it tuned to.

Now, I cant get this thing to work at all. To watch anything, I have to plug the projector HDMI directly into the device, and plug in white/red audio into the Denon receiver so I can get sound.

Any ideas what I can do? I have tried microprocessor reset.

I could plug external monitor into it if I have to, to change settings.
Check cable from AVR to PJ is secure. Add about 5 sec delay between powering on PJ and AVR, and then again between AVR and source. Test the PJ with a shorter (eg. 6' HDMI cable). If it works, you'll need to add an HDMI extender/repeater. Check Monoprice.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #10923 of 10928 Old Yesterday, 02:25 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I bought a 40 foot redmere HDMI should be here Monday

Only thing I can think of is signal strength not good in existing (works sometimes but has had issues with grabbing video signal)

Now it does not pick up anything

Will post once I test with the redmere from monoprice
post #10924 of 10928 Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
Yes, generally you want to set Dynamic EQ (boosts sub/surrounds at lower volume levels) to YES and Dynamic Volume (levels soft and loud audio) to NO (except maybe for TV/late night viewing); however, both settings can be accessed and changed in the GUI.
I run my Dynamic EQ with YES, and set it at 10DB for normal tv viewing... I also agree, leave Dynamic Volume Off (maybe "Light" at night)

Sony KDL65W850A 65" LED HDTV  || Denon AVR-2113CI || Polk Monitor 65T (Fronts) || Polk Monitor 50's (Rears) || Polk CS2 (Center) || Acoustech PL-200

Xbox Live : BoDEAN96 -- Feel free to add me (msg me you are from AVSForums) and we can game.
post #10925 of 10928 Old Yesterday, 04:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium910 View Post
I am in the same boat as those whose airplay no longer works. However, mine doesnt work at all. I am trying to stream from my iPhone 6 and using the Spotify app, i select the airplay icon, then the Denon 1913 receiver. The airplay never connects though and no sound comes from the receiver.

The Denon receiver does show up consistently on the airplay devices list though.

I feel like this receier has been unreliable since i bought it.
Any thoughts?
Have you fixed your airplay issue?

My Denon receiver is plugged into my Asus AC66U router which is in AP mode. It connects wirelessly with my main Asus AC87U router. On my windows pc, I can see my denon for airplay under itunes just fine.
But both iphones in my house, when on my wifi network, do no see DENON as an option under airplay. I do not know how to fix this........I am running the latest FW on the denon also. Input?

UPDATE: Unplugging receiver for 10 minutes fix it. Now it shows up. Weird.

Sony KDL65W850A 65" LED HDTV  || Denon AVR-2113CI || Polk Monitor 65T (Fronts) || Polk Monitor 50's (Rears) || Polk CS2 (Center) || Acoustech PL-200

Xbox Live : BoDEAN96 -- Feel free to add me (msg me you are from AVSForums) and we can game.

Last edited by bodean; Yesterday at 04:19 PM.
post #10926 of 10928 Old Today, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by efenska

I’m sure I missed it in the 100+ pages of this post (even asked my friend Google) but I want to be sure that the AVR-3313 can play network sources (AirPlay, Pandora, etc.) through zone 2/3. Since networked media sources are actually digital I want to confirm this will work. It's been touched on but I may have missed a post where someone stated that it actually works.
Also occurs to me that the digital-analog conversion limitation for external sources to zone 2/3 means I can't play a concert BD from and HDMI source (like a PS3 for example) and pump the audio out over those zones, can I? Or is that what HDMI Zone 2 is for? As usual, the Denon manual isn't exactly clear - p.103 states that if you select the same source for the Main and Zone 2, audio playback may be restricted... and later states that the HDMI audio signals for the input source selected in Zone 2 are output to the Zone 2 speakers.
Thanks for any insight...

Confirmed. All networking models can do this. Please review the link in post #3 or the Denon Guide in the Articles section of this forum which includes the following on Zone 2 ....

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1334369/th...-thread#user_M
Hi All,

I've read the FAQ on this, but am still not clear on this. I am 3313CI owner. I have a WD My Book Live connected to my Network that I stream 2 channel Flac files to my 3313. Can I stream these out of the Zone 3 to another 2 channel amplifier? Can I stream my Sirius/XM out to it?

Thanks,
Russ
post #10927 of 10928 Old Today, 10:54 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 2215 Post(s)
Liked: 1810
^^
Yes to both.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #10928 of 10928 Old Today, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks JD,

I must have something set wrong as I'm getting nothing out Zone 3.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 1513 Receiver , Denon Avr 1613 Receiver , Denon Avr 1713 Receiver , Denon Avr 1913 Receiver , Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon
Gear in this thread - 2113ci by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page