The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 372 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #11131 of 11154 Old 04-04-2015, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by f00bs View Post
I am having difficulty with my 2113ci. After many many unsuccessful firmware upgrade attempts, followed by many processor resets, different network configurations, etc I decided to ignore new firmware releases resolving that I won't be able to succeed.

Fast forward a few months and I am noticing the receiver locks up from time to time when its off... nothing seems to turn it on (red light is on, but that is it). The only fix is to unplug it, and then it will start up normally.

Additionally the network feature stops working from time to time. When it's not working the network menu does not list an ip address OR mac address... it's like it doesn't know it has a network card in it. Doing a hard reboot, network reset, processor reset, etc doesn't seem to help. The only fix is time. I notice a few days later the AVR is back on the network and it works fine for a few days... until it doesn't. Repeat.

I pulled up the "Firmware" menu and I see "Version" but then no version number.

It appears the failed firmware upgrades may have left the receive in a strange state and perhaps that is causing my stability issues?

Any recommendations on how to proceed? I suspect I may have explored all self service options and Warranty/Service is the best option but wanted to check here first before loosing my AVR for however long it takes.

I have had the exact same issue with my 1913. Was never able to resolve it. Now I'm upgrading so hopefully the issue does not continue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11132 of 11154 Old 04-04-2015, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwhat View Post
I have had the exact same issue with my 1913. Was never able to resolve it. Now I'm upgrading so hopefully the issue does not continue.
Weird. But I'm in the same boat with my 3313CI. Nothing shows in the firmware menu, or under Network. It happened after a firmware upgrade.

I gave up on trying to sort it out, and I'm not anywhere near a Denon service centre. So I'm upgrading and moving the unit along to a relative.
post #11133 of 11154 Old 04-04-2015, 11:41 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 3591 Post(s)
Liked: 2154
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pndiku View Post
Weird. But I'm in the same boat with my 3313CI. Nothing shows in the firmware menu, or under Network. It happened after a firmware upgrade.

I gave up on trying to sort it out, and I'm not anywhere near a Denon service centre. So I'm upgrading and moving the unit along to a relative.
None of you have indicated whether you performed a Network reset as described in post ##5 to resolve the issue.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call only for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
post #11134 of 11154 Old 04-04-2015, 11:43 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
None of you have indicated whether you performed a Network reset as described in post ##5 to resolve the issue.
Personally, I've done multiple network resets in a row, microprocessor resets in a row. Even unplugged everything and left it powered off for 6 hours!
post #11135 of 11154 Old 04-04-2015, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Yup. Completed both resets many times. Gave up long ago and just kinda dealt with it. Now that I have a new Denon I am going to thoroughly test it immediately and if I have any similar annoying issues...I'm going to have to give up on Denon.
post #11136 of 11154 Old 04-04-2015, 12:01 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by pndiku View Post
Personally, I've done multiple network resets in a row, microprocessor resets in a row. Even unplugged everything and left it powered off for 6 hours!
Quote:
Yup. Completed both resets many times. Gave up long ago and just kinda dealt with it. Now that I have a new Denon I am going to thoroughly test it immediately and if I have any similar annoying issues...I'm going to have to give up on Denon.
Then in both cases, that would likely indicate a failed network card which would have to be replaced via warranty repair.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call only for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
post #11137 of 11154 Old 04-06-2015, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Then in both cases, that would likely indicate a failed network card which would have to be replaced via warranty repair.
I agree. I had a similar network problem with a 2313 in 2013. If the MAC address is missing then the network interface has failed and needs to be repaired or replaced. I received this information from Denon support when my receiver failed to connect to my wired network. Network resets and microprocessor resets did not work for this particular instance. I resolved the issue by replacing the receiver.
post #11138 of 11154 Old 04-06-2015, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi. My parents have a 1713 which I see has "Audyssey MultEQ XT" - which microphone model is compatible with this AVR so they could run the audyssey setup?

Thanks
post #11139 of 11154 Old 04-06-2015, 11:29 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueimage View Post
Hi. My parents have a 1713 which I see has "Audyssey MultEQ XT" - which microphone model is compatible with this AVR so they could run the audyssey setup?

Thanks
The mic that comes with it is the ACM1HB but any mic used with a Denon, Marantz, or Onkyo AVR since 2010 (excluding Onkyo 2014 model mics) will work as well to include the mic that came with your SR7008.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #11140 of 11154 Old 04-06-2015, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
The mic that comes with it is the ACM1HB but any mic used with a Denon, Marantz, or Onkyo AVR since 2010 will work as well.
Thanks for the quick reply. They don't remember one coming with it so i'll have them check around a bit before buying one.
post #11141 of 11154 Old 04-08-2015, 04:55 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Exclamation

The problem below has become more frequent. Dynamic Volume is off, and I have tried thw recommendation of connecting the DirecTV box directly to the 3313ci. No luck. Fortunately, I'm still in warranty for another two weeks! Anyone have recommendations on service centers, or should I go with Panurgy? I'm in SC for the record.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
I don't recall ever seeing anyone post about this, but I have a 3313ci and my center channel keeps fading out completely at random times/channels. I can fix it by jacking up the volume momentarily, and the center stays on even after lowering the volume back down. I have DirecTV going through an XBOX One to the 3313.

I've tried resetting the microprocessor several times, with no luck. I also unplugged the receiver for several minutes.

Any help would be appreciated.
post #11142 of 11154 Old 04-08-2015, 05:55 AM

Hi there, I have the Denon AVR 3313CI receiver which has been great to date. One thing that just started happening is that when I try and turn the receiver off with the button on the front of the unit it just toggles between main zone on or off when tapping the button. This used to turn the unit off so I'm not sure what went wrong. At the moment I have to unplug it to power it off which is a bit of a nuisance. Any suggestions? Many Thanks.
post #11143 of 11154 Old 04-08-2015, 06:07 AM

Actually, I realized that zone 3 was on. Didn't realize that would default to not letting you turn it off. Thanks!
post #11144 of 11154 Old 04-08-2015, 02:51 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
The problem below has become more frequent. Dynamic Volume is off, and I have tried thw recommendation of connecting the DirecTV box directly to the 3313ci. No luck. Fortunately, I'm still in warranty for another two weeks! Anyone have recommendations on service centers, or should I go with Panurgy? I'm in SC for the record.
Repair is likely your best option. Generally Panurgy will turn around the unit within 1-2 weeks so unless you have a closer repair facility that can do it quicker, best to go with them.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #11145 of 11154 Old 04-09-2015, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Totally Stumped

I recently pulled my 1713 out of storage and hooked it up in the living room. HDMI is coming in from the cable box and a PS3, and then HDMI out to a Vizio LCD. I got ARC on and working, in fact, everything is great except for one small detail. Selecting Network or Internet Radio brings up music, but the screen is blank. For the life of me, I can not get any information to display on the screen. Jut blackness, all while music is playing from some previously selected channel. I did a microprocessor reset when I set the AVR back up, but besides that, I am out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Jeremy
post #11146 of 11154 Old 04-09-2015, 03:31 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjerm80 View Post
I recently pulled my 1713 out of storage and hooked it up in the living room. HDMI is coming in from the cable box and a PS3, and then HDMI out to a Vizio LCD. I got ARC on and working, in fact, everything is great except for one small detail. Selecting Network or Internet Radio brings up music, but the screen is blank. For the life of me, I can not get any information to display on the screen. Jut blackness, all while music is playing from some previously selected channel. I did a microprocessor reset when I set the AVR back up, but besides that, I am out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Jeremy
Network GUI does not display: This will require exchange/repair of the unit or you can try the below procedure which worked for forum member GoodMan:

Starting with the unit already powered up and (any) NETWORK source selected;
a. Verify from the unit's front panel display that the source is indeed the network,
and the monitor device (TV) is not showing the network GUI.
b. Imagine a line at the back panel just above where the hdmi connectors are that extends across the unit from left to right side.
c. Repeatly exert some moderate finger pressure on the unit's back panel along the imaginary line while watching the output video device until the network GUI displays.

If still no joy, try loosening the screws at the back that attaches the cover to the back panel to give it more "give", then repeat the above process.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #11147 of 11154 Old 04-09-2015, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Network GUI does not display: This will require exchange/repair of the unit or you can try the below procedure which worked for forum member GoodMan:

Starting with the unit already powered up and (any) NETWORK source selected;
a. Verify from the unit's front panel display that the source is indeed the network,
and the monitor device (TV) is not showing the network GUI.
b. Imagine a line at the back panel just above where the hdmi connectors are that extends across the unit from left to right side.
c. Repeatly exert some moderate finger pressure on the unit's back panel along the imaginary line while watching the output video device until the network GUI displays.

If still no joy, try loosening the screws at the back that attaches the cover to the back panel to give it more "give", then repeat the above process.
Thank you for the quick reply! I gave it a go, but no joy. All the other GUI functions work. The only one not visible is the network/internet radio. Don't know if that changes anything at all. Very weird.
post #11148 of 11154 Old 04-11-2015, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Playlists in Denon 2313ci

Hi, I need help on this.
I cannot play in my 2323ci my playlists (.m3u) located on my media server. All the playlists look empty when I look into them through my 2323ci. Does anybody knows if I have to edit to add/change something on my playlists in order to play them in my 2313ci? Can I quickly create new playlists to be played in the 2313ci if the format of my existing ones do not work?

Thank you!
post #11149 of 11154 Old 04-17-2015, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Help Please - Sound Problem

Hi, Looking for any advice here. I have a Denon AVR-1613 and I'm getting a weird digital pssst type sound out of one of the channels (Left Surround). I did process of elimination, I changed to a different speaker wire, still persists, changed to a different speaker, still persists, and I reset all of my config on my Reciever to factory settings, still persists.

Any Idea what this might be? Of course I'm 3 months out of the warranty, and quite frankly I'm not real happy with Denon.

It's going to cost me $100 minimum by the time I ship it to a repair center and pay their bench fee.

Any help is appreciated, I have attached an Audio file that I recorded and you'll clearly be able to hear the issue.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Audio Problem.zip (89.5 KB, 2 views)
post #11150 of 11154 Old 04-17-2015, 07:44 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Try resetting the microprocessor a few times in a row. (post ##6 in this thread) If the issue still persists, I would still check with Denon first to see if they will cover it. If not, and you purchased with a credit card, check with your card issuer as many cards will add an extra year of warranty and then you can work through the card issuer to get it repaired.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #11151 of 11154 Old 04-17-2015, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thank you for the fast reply, I went ahead and did the 5 microprocessor restarts and then I reset everything up using the Audyssey and the problem is still happening. I had already called Denon this morning but maybe I can call them back and ask again, but they said that since it is over 2 years im SOL. Wow, good catch on the Credit Card extending the warranty by a year....ALL of my Credit Cards do that and I've never used that, sadly I paid for this with an Amazon Store Card, I just contacted them and they don't offer that feature.....that's a total bummer.

Is it possible that I'm getting a bad feed from the audio source? (I primarily use Roku) or could that be a bad HDMI cable? Just trying to figure out all options before I dump this thing on ebay.

Quote:
^^
Try resetting the microprocessor a few times in a row. (post ##6 in this thread) If the issue still persists, I would still check with Denon first to see if they will cover it. If not, and you purchased with a credit card, check with your card issuer as many cards will add an extra year of warranty and then you can work through the card issuer to get it repaired.
post #11152 of 11154 Old 04-17-2015, 10:02 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Never hurts to try a different HDMI cable or different source, but most likely an internal problem. Try testing with the TUNER as a source.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #11153 of 11154 Old Today, 05:42 AM

An update on the quoted issue from January 27th:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwg47x View Post
I'm having a major issue with my 3313ci.
Starting last night the AVR will not stay powered on.
It powers up (green light flashing) get booted all the way to a solid green light and stays on for about 2 or 3 seconds after that.
It then reboots all by itself and start the loop again.

I have done 5 microprocessor resets and a couple of network resets to no avail.
Any ideas or am I screwed?

Kind of a long story here but maybe it will help someone in the future.

When I first started troubleshooting this (with JD's help) I thought it was my Oppo causing the issue.
After looking into it more, I realized it was the Denon itself that was whacked.
I sent the Denon to United Radio in New York.
They turned it around in less than two weeks.
Unfortunately, they didn't fix it.
When I got it back, I plugged everything in and it worked fine. (Just one time)
However, after powering it off and on again, the reboot behavior returned.
I wasn't a happy camper at this point. Naturally this was a Friday evening so I couldn't even call United Radio until Monday.
I put my junky HT-R640 went back in the loop so we had 5.1 sound.

When I called UR on the following Monday they didn't push back near as much as I expected them too. (Kudos for that)
The tech asked me to try a different power cord.
I did that and even tried it in the kitchen (different circuit).
With nothing plugged into it except power it was still shutting itself on and off every 6 or 7 seconds.
They sent me a UPS label and back it went.

Fast forward one week:
I get an e-mail from UR saying they can't duplicate the issue.
I'm starting freak out a bit at this point in time. I start doubting my sanity and such.
They asked to me tell them exactly what I did and to do so in great detail.
I typed up a small novella in an e-mail and sent it.
A couple of days later I get an e-mail back saying they were able to duplicate the issue and the AVR was in their workflow.
Big sigh of relief at that point in time.
Up until then I had very bad scenarios running thru my head.

So fast forward another 3 weeks:
Seems UR couldn't fix it. When I checked the status of the repair, the web page said they were communicating with Denon about an exchange.
This past Wednesday, I came home and my neighbor across the street said he had signed for a heavy box for me.
Sure enough, it's an AVR from Denon.
They drop shipped me a refurbished AVR-X4000.

Final thoughts:
In the end the warranty process worked the way it should.
It took longer that I thought it should due to the first wasted trip to UR, but it did work.
As for UR not fixing it the first time, yeah I was pissed at that point in time.
Stuff happens though. I work IT and I don't always get every issue fixed right the first time either.
The refurb AVR is working fine and I'm happy.
In the end that is all that matters.
post #11154 of 11154 Unread Today, 07:42 AM
585-645-1006

^^
The take away from the above is to always send in an explanation of how you are able to recreate the issue so the technician can more easily replicate it as if they cannot replicate the issue, there's nothing for them to repair.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 1513 Receiver , Denon Avr 1613 Receiver , Denon Avr 1713 Receiver , Denon Avr 1913 Receiver , Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page