The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 376 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 28Likes

post #11251 of 11427 Old 10-05-2015, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Unplug everything from the AVR and power it on. If it still shuts down, try doing at least 4-5 resets as described in post 5 of this thread, otherwise if still no joy, it will need to go for warranty repair. If purchased new, it has a 3 year warranty. If outside the 3 year warranty and you purchased with a credit card, check with the card issuer as many will extend the warranty a 4th year and you would then work with the credit card company to get it repaired.
Well, now it's done. I had previously done a reset but plugged it back in to do a few more as mentioned. Well, I heard a small pop and then smoke. She's fried I guess.

I can't even remember where I bought it from and plus I opened it up before to see what was going on and now even if I had warranty it's void.

So I guess I have to buy a new one.

Denon X3100W
Klipsch RB-61 II (Fronts), Klipsch RC-52 II (Center)
Deftech StudioMonitor 350 (surrounds)
Klipsch SW-115 (sub)
LG 50LB5900
TiVo Roamio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11252 of 11427 Old 10-05-2015, 11:04 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8474 Post(s)
Liked: 3810
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcamaro70 View Post
Well, now it's done. I had previously done a reset but plugged it back in to do a few more as mentioned. Well, I heard a small pop and then smoke. She's fried I guess.

I can't even remember where I bought it from and plus I opened it up before to see what was going on and now even if I had warranty it's void.

So I guess I have to buy a new one.
If you can't locate the vendor name or find it on a credit card statement .... yup, a new one is in the picture.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
post #11253 of 11427 Old 10-05-2015, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
If you can't locate the vendor name or find it on a credit card statement .... yup, a new one is in the picture.
Damn, that's a shame, I really like this one. I think I'll get the discontinued X3100 it's only 499.

Denon X3100W
Klipsch RB-61 II (Fronts), Klipsch RC-52 II (Center)
Deftech StudioMonitor 350 (surrounds)
Klipsch SW-115 (sub)
LG 50LB5900
TiVo Roamio
post #11254 of 11427 Old 10-07-2015, 06:59 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had my Denon 3313 for almost 3 years now and I must say it has met almost every need to date. I am extremely satisfied with the product. As I continue to expand my audio/video system to other zones, I seem to come across more features that I believe I can leverage. However, I have a few questions just to be sure I'm on the correct path.

1) If I utilize an external amp (in this case a 6 ch amp) from both the zone 2 and zone 3 pre-outs (via RCA cables), will zone 1 still play in 5.1 surround sound (Dolby, DTS, etc) if playing the same source on multiple zones 2 and/or zone 3 at the same time. Please note, that I am NOT using the 2 extra channels from the 7.1 feature to power any additional stereo zones. All zones other than the 5.1 zone will be powered via the external 6 ch amp.

2) Also, do I need to connect my sources (blu ray player, cable box, etc) to the 3313 with RCA cables (along with HDMIs) to play audio through the 6 ch external amp? Or will the audio from the HDMI pass through to the external amp (via the RCAs connected from the pre-outs to the external amp)?

3) As you all know, the 3313 has 3 HDMI outs, however, 1 out is only a mirror of zone 1. If I want to play the same video source on zones 2 and zones 3 at the same time, is it ok to use a HDMI splitter such as the one shown below to be able to achieve this?

http://www.amazon.com/J-Tech-Digital...=hdmi+splitter

Thanks for the help in advance!
post #11255 of 11427 Old 10-08-2015, 02:57 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAdiy View Post
I've had my Denon 3313 for almost 3 years now and I must say it has met almost every need to date. I am extremely satisfied with the product. As I continue to expand my audio/video system to other zones, I seem to come across more features that I believe I can leverage. However, I have a few questions just to be sure I'm on the correct path.

1) If I utilize an external amp (in this case a 6 ch amp) from both the zone 2 and zone 3 pre-outs (via RCA cables), will zone 1 still play in 5.1 surround sound (Dolby, DTS, etc) if playing the same source on multiple zones 2 and/or zone 3 at the same time. Please note, that I am NOT using the 2 extra channels from the 7.1 feature to power any additional stereo zones. All zones other than the 5.1 zone will be powered via the external 6 ch amp.

2) Also, do I need to connect my sources (blu ray player, cable box, etc) to the 3313 with RCA cables (along with HDMIs) to play audio through the 6 ch external amp? Or will the audio from the HDMI pass through to the external amp (via the RCAs connected from the pre-outs to the external amp)?

3) As you all know, the 3313 has 3 HDMI outs, however, 1 out is only a mirror of zone 1. If I want to play the same video source on zones 2 and zones 3 at the same time, is it ok to use a HDMI splitter such as the one shown below to be able to achieve this?

http://www.amazon.com/J-Tech-Digital...=hdmi+splitter

Thanks for the help in advance!
1. Yes, however, the source would have to also be connected with analog cables in addition to an HDMI cable.
2. Although HDMI PCM 2.0 --> Zone 2 is a feature on the successor model to the 3313CI (ie. X4000), on the 3313CI you'll need to connect analog cables from the source.
3. Yes, with the limitation that if both TVs don't have the same resolution capability, only the lower resolution video will pass to both.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
post #11256 of 11427 Old 10-08-2015, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
1. Yes, however, the source would have to also be connected with analog cables in addition to an HDMI cable.
2. Although HDMI PCM 2.0 --> Zone 2 is a feature on the successor model to the 3313CI (ie. X4000), on the 3313CI you'll need to connect analog cables from the source.
3. Yes, with the limitation that if both TVs don't have the same resolution capability, only the lower resolution video will pass to both.

Thanks. On the X4000, does the HDMI PCM 2.0 feature also output digital audio to zone 3 (when connected to an external amp via the pre-out?

Also, on the HDMI splitter, let's say 1 TV is only 720i capable and the other TV is 1080p capable. However, only the 1080p TV is on at that moment, will the resolution still downscale to 720i? Or will 1080p display on the TV that's on (since the other TV is off)?

Thanks.
post #11257 of 11427 Old 10-08-2015, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 3158 Post(s)
Liked: 2987
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAdiy View Post
Thanks. On the X4000, does the HDMI PCM 2.0 feature also output digital audio to zone 3 (when connected to an external amp via the pre-out?

Also, on the HDMI splitter, let's say 1 TV is only 720i capable and the other TV is 1080p capable. However, only the 1080p TV is on at that moment, will the resolution still downscale to 720i? Or will 1080p display on the TV that's on (since the other TV is off)?

Thanks.
1. The HDMI audio only works on Zone 2, Zone 3 is restricted to either analog audio or 2.0 PCM over SPDIF (optical/coax digital).

2. If one display is off the HDMI handshake only occurs with the active display.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #11258 of 11427 Old 10-21-2015, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My network connection on my 2113 stopped working and I had to do a couple of resets to get it back up. Of course, I lost my settings and tried to restore. I have a couple of different backups from this year and I got a failure message on both attempts.

Has anyone ever got a restore to work? I had this same issue earlier this year.

mto
post #11259 of 11427 Old 10-22-2015, 02:40 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoneill View Post
My network connection on my 2113 stopped working and I had to do a couple of resets to get it back up. Of course, I lost my settings and tried to restore. I have a couple of different backups from this year and I got a failure message on both attempts.

Has anyone ever got a restore to work? I had this same issue earlier this year.

mto
Did you confirm the SAVE was valid (ie. not all zero's) by using a hex editor?

If you are having difficulty SAVE(ing) a file, make sure to stop any network playback by first playing something on the network and then either pressing the Stop Playback (black square) or the ENTER button on the remote for a few seconds. You may also need to set "Network Standby" to OFF (contrary to what the Owner's manual indicates). The config.dat file should be about 348kb; however, it's a good idea to confirm the AVR is actually saving data in the file as the file size will be 348kb whether it's all zeroes or filled with zeroes and some data. If it is all zeroes, it will not LOAD successfully. Use a Windows hex viewer (eg. http://download.cnet.com/HxD-Hex-Edi...-10891068.html) or Mac hex viewer (eg. http://hexedit.en.softonic.com/mac) to view the file and confirm whether it is all zeroes or not. If you do get a file with all zeroes or if a file with data won't load properly, then set Network Standby to OFF/Off in Standby, cycle the AVR OFF/ON and then try a SAVE again which should result in a config.dat file with non-zero data. If you are having difficulty using IE, try using Firefox or Chrome. If still no joy when trying to LOAD the config.dat file, try setting IP Control to "Off in Standby", cycle the AVR to OFF, then ON again and try the LOAD. If yet still no joy, try resetting the microprocessor and then do the LOAD again.

------------

post #11260 of 11427 Old 10-22-2015, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Did you confirm the SAVE was valid (ie. not all zero's) by using a hex editor?

If you are having difficulty SAVE(ing) a file, make sure to stop any network playback by first playing something on the network and then either pressing the Stop Playback (black square) or the ENTER button on the remote for a few seconds. You may also need to set "Network Standby" to OFF (contrary to what the Owner's manual indicates). The config.dat file should be about 348kb; however, it's a good idea to confirm the AVR is actually saving data in the file as the file size will be 348kb whether it's all zeroes or filled with zeroes and some data. If it is all zeroes, it will not LOAD successfully. Use a Windows hex viewer (eg. http://download.cnet.com/HxD-Hex-Edi...-10891068.html) or Mac hex viewer (eg. http://hexedit.en.softonic.com/mac) to view the file and confirm whether it is all zeroes or not. If you do get a file with all zeroes or if a file with data won't load properly, then set Network Standby to OFF/Off in Standby, cycle the AVR OFF/ON and then try a SAVE again which should result in a config.dat file with non-zero data. If you are having difficulty using IE, try using Firefox or Chrome. If still no joy when trying to LOAD the config.dat file, try setting IP Control to "Off in Standby", cycle the AVR to OFF, then ON again and try the LOAD. If yet still no joy, try resetting the microprocessor and then do the LOAD again.
Thanks JD. Your hex editor link was dead so I tried this one: http://download.cnet.com/HxD-Hex-Edi...8.html?hlndr=1

Both of my backup files were all zeroes. I guess it's time to drag out the audyssey mic.
post #11261 of 11427 Old 10-22-2015, 05:48 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoneill View Post
Thanks JD. Your hex editor link was dead so I tried this one: http://download.cnet.com/HxD-Hex-Edi...8.html?hlndr=1

Both of my backup files were all zeroes. I guess it's time to drag out the audyssey mic.
Right. Also, a good idea to confirm you can LOAD the config file after saving it as well.

------------

post #11262 of 11427 Old 10-26-2015, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 78
OMG...Denon 1913 had been working flawlessly. Yesterday evening it went into protection mode (green light shut off and the red light blinked). No reason it should have done that. I unplugged it from the wall, also did a factory reset. When I turn it on, it only passes video, NO audio. I tried GAME which is connected to my XBOX ONE.>> video only, no audio. I tried playing MP3 via my Media Player connection >> video only, no audio. I tried another factory reset which occurred, the setup screen pops on my T.V but as soon as I select English it goes blank. It still reads on my Denon display, just not my t.v. I even tried blowing air into to Headphone jack. Not sure if should open it up and have a look inside or not. Its strange that I can connect my P.C. or Xbox one into any of the HDMI outputs on the Denon and receive video but NO audio.
Any idea's or thoughts? Will it cost more to fix than its worth?

p.s. I only have 3 speakers connected, no subwoofer.

p.s.s. When I was in the "setup" menu last night it wouldn't allow me to select the "speaker setup parameters" For test tones or DB changes. The screen would go blank and boot me out of the setup screen.

Denon 4311CI, Panasonic 8000 w/ 130" AT Screen HTPC w/24 tb
DIY QSC SC-2150 L,C,R (6) QSC SR-8101 sides & rears
DIY (4) Fusion Tempest
DIY (2) UM 15 "Sub's (4) SI 18's
Dayton MK4 & B&W ASW 855

Last edited by rlhaudio; 10-26-2015 at 01:24 PM.
post #11263 of 11427 Old 10-26-2015, 04:21 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlhaudio View Post
OMG...Denon 1913 had been working flawlessly. Yesterday evening it went into protection mode (green light shut off and the red light blinked). No reason it should have done that. I unplugged it from the wall, also did a factory reset. When I turn it on, it only passes video, NO audio. I tried GAME which is connected to my XBOX ONE.>> video only, no audio. I tried playing MP3 via my Media Player connection >> video only, no audio. I tried another factory reset which occurred, the setup screen pops on my T.V but as soon as I select English it goes blank. It still reads on my Denon display, just not my t.v. I even tried blowing air into to Headphone jack. Not sure if should open it up and have a look inside or not. Its strange that I can connect my P.C. or Xbox one into any of the HDMI outputs on the Denon and receive video but NO audio.
Any idea's or thoughts? Will it cost more to fix than its worth?

p.s. I only have 3 speakers connected, no subwoofer.

p.s.s. When I was in the "setup" menu last night it wouldn't allow me to select the "speaker setup parameters" For test tones or DB changes. The screen would go blank and boot me out of the setup screen.
As you're likely out of the 2 year warranty and 1 year extra credit card warranty, no harm in opening it up if you choose to do so. Try doing at least 4-5 resets though and see if that doesn't bring it back.

------------

post #11264 of 11427 Old 10-26-2015, 05:19 PM
Advanced Member

Well, I am a bit confused. I decided for ****z and Giggles to try the "factory reset" one more time. Now it works. but why? what is different about factory resetting 6 times over 2 times? How does it go crazy for now reason? I'm just curious for analytical reasons. What are the common reasons for this? Could dirty power cause it, or dusting the top off, etc. It's strange that I used it half the day, then it just quit working.
Im VERY happy its working, I didn't want to buy a new unit.

The other odd thing I forgot to mention in my above post. When it stopped working, it kept displaying "zone 2" on the AVR screen. I have never used a zone 2.

DIY (4) Fusion Tempest
Dayton MK4 & B&W ASW 855
post #11265 of 11427 Old 10-26-2015, 06:15 PM

This is a follow up post from a few pages back. I mentioned a problem where my AVR-2113CI suddenly stopped pushing audio to everything but my sub. Power cycles would sometimes help, but it eventually took the reset trick 4 times before it would work consistently.

However.... I never got around to re-running Audyssey. The levels were crappy but it was working so I left it alone. I reset all of my settings but still skipped Audyssey.
Well... Tonight I ran Audyssey. And the problem returned. I tinkered a bit and nothing helped, until I disabled Audyssey. The only options that work are "Off" or "Graphic EQ" the other two options result in no audio except for the Sub.

So clearly the problem has something to do with the Audyssey processor or whatever controls that.

Has anyone seen this or have any troubleshooting tips?
post #11266 of 11427 Old 10-26-2015, 10:10 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:

The other odd thing I forgot to mention in my above post. When it stopped working, it kept displaying "zone 2" on the AVR screen. I have never used a zone 2.
I could be wrong as I'm definitely no expert on AVRs, but it sounds to me like maybe your problem was as simple as Zone 1 was off and only Zone 2 was on. Zone 2 is for a secondary set of speakers in another location. One would think doing one reset would certainly correct that issue if that's all it was though.
post #11267 of 11427 Old 10-27-2015, 02:57 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Well, I am a bit confused. I decided for ****z and Giggles to try the "factory reset" one more time. Now it works. but why? what is different about factory resetting 6 times over 2 times? How does it go crazy for now reason? I'm just curious for analytical reasons. What are the common reasons for this? Could dirty power cause it, or dusting the top off, etc. It's strange that I used it half the day, then it just quit working.
Im VERY happy its working, I didn't want to buy a new unit.

1. As is true for others, they also found that multiple resets in a row resolved an issue which is why it's listed in my sig.
2. If "Zone 2" is displayed on the front panel display, it means at some point "Zone 2" was powered ON.
danicus007 likes this.

------------

post #11268 of 11427 Old 10-27-2015, 03:10 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 22
The remote control in these things is a bit cluttered and rather non-intuitive, so it's fairly easy to turn on Zone 2 by brushing those buttons at the top without meaning to or even realizing what you did.
danicus007 likes this.
post #11269 of 11427 Old 10-27-2015, 11:06 AM
Advanced Member

I understand what are ALL saying about Zone 2. The problem is once it was activated it would not shut off. I selected "main" on the remote many times, before doing a factory reset (when I was still able to control the GUI). No matter what I did, it wouldn't turn off. All my connections are HDM, it also went into protection immediately after restarting it at least 3 times. Another strange thing, was the front panel AVR was stuck on HDMI even when I changed it in the GUI. There were no "clicks" when I chose different sources either. I was actually watching a movie via PowerDVD when the unit first when into protection mode and shut off. Zone 2 was never selected
After the last factory reset it switched to AUTO. . Its like it had a brain fart. Maybe when it went into protection mode, it auto selected zone 2 and froze..... Every time I went into the GUI it would auto turn off whenever I tried sending a signal to the speakers.

I should have explained that better. Easy to understand why you would think Zone 2 was selected on the remote.
I'm not sure if I should run Audyssey or not.

DIY (4) Fusion Tempest
Dayton MK4 & B&W ASW 855
post #11270 of 11427 Old 10-27-2015, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 17
When you said you selected "main" several times on the remote, this action would not have turned off zone 2. Let's forget how Zone 2 got turned on - once zone 2 is on, the receiver won't completely turn off (because it thinks someone is still listening to zone 2). Did you actually select zone 2 on the remote and then hit the power button? This should turn off Zone 2.

The other stuff I don't know about - it just didn't sound like you were following what folks were saying about zone 2.
post #11271 of 11427 Old 10-27-2015, 06:48 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEHansen View Post
When you said you selected "main" several times on the remote, this action would not have turned off zone 2. Let's forget how Zone 2 got turned on - once zone 2 is on, the receiver won't completely turn off (because it thinks someone is still listening to zone 2). Did you actually select zone 2 on the remote and then hit the power button? This should turn off Zone 2.

The other stuff I don't know about - it just didn't sound like you were following what folks were saying about zone 2.
Oops ... yeh .. sorry, that was me .. I was listening to Pandora in the Den.

------------

post #11272 of 11427 Old 10-27-2015, 08:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEHansen View Post

Yep I tried turning OFF Zone 2 as well. It was locked on even after power cycling AND doing a couple factory resets. Also when I accessed the GUI it wouldn't allow any changes to be made. Even after unplugging it from the wall, it was still locked up. The moment I selected something in the GUI the display (TV) would turn blank. After a few more factory resets it finally turned off and everything started working again. Hypothetically Zone 2 could have been turned on while I was watching a movie and then "locked" itself on. I dunno, it's weird and I don't really want to duplicate it incase it doesn't reset.

I was just curious what could cause it to lock up, I dusted just before it went into protection, maybe dust went inside and caused something.. It's all good now

DIY (4) Fusion Tempest
Dayton MK4 & B&W ASW 855
post #11273 of 11427 Old 10-27-2015, 09:30 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have a Denon AVR-1613. I'm not sure what all models it compares to in this thread. I've had it for a couple years and it's been a royal pain getting the internet functions to work properly. I don't think I'll ever buy another Denon Reciever.

Anyway, my SiriusXM is not working right, it allows to me to select the station and it recognizes my login so it seems alright connecting as far as that goes, but when I select a station I just get the spinning ring like it's loading but it never does anything and stays at 0%. Anyone else having a problem or know what I should do? I tried a soft reset and it didn't help..
post #11274 of 11427 Old 10-28-2015, 03:33 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnt3 View Post
I have a Denon AVR-1613. I'm not sure what all models it compares to in this thread. I've had it for a couple years and it's been a royal pain getting the internet functions to work properly. I don't think I'll ever buy another Denon Reciever.

Anyway, my SiriusXM is not working right, it allows to me to select the station and it recognizes my login so it seems alright connecting as far as that goes, but when I select a station I just get the spinning ring like it's loading but it never does anything and stays at 0%. Anyone else having a problem or know what I should do? I tried a soft reset and it didn't help..

The 1613 is a XX13 model and so is discussed in this thread.

Is the firmware on the 1613 up to date? What modem/router are you using? Have you tried rebooting the modem/router? Have you tried doing a "network" reset as discussed in post 5 of this thread?

------------

post #11275 of 11427 Old 10-29-2015, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Won't power on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher713 View Post
I have a Denon AVR 2313CI. Sometimes it won't turn on. Nothing turns on and the red light remains on. There is no blinking. It happens maybe once in every 3-10 starts. The only way I know how to fix it is to pull the plug and put it back in. The firmware is up to date. It has a network cable attached if that info helps.
I posted about a year ago for the same problem on my 2313CI - won't turn on and needs a power unplug to activate. I did the microprocessor and network resets, and I think that got me 6-9 months before it got bad again. The problem seems to build over months after the resets, starting with one lock-up every few weeks, then finally reaching a head with multiple lockups in a day. It looks like it got bad again in June; I spent some time then making sure I could save a config file and reload it to make the resets easier. It has been getting worse lately with more complaints from the wife, kids, and in-laws. It finally got me twice today, so I did the resets and then loaded the config file.

If I can continue getting several months between resets and then just load a config file, I'm willing to live with 15 minutes every time it flares up. Given what I've read on here about repair service, I don't want to go down that route. I'd have to be without the receiver for weeks and pay for the repair, and then there's no guarantee a problem will actually be found or fixed.

Since I'm frustrated with Denon for this issue, incompatibility with my DirecTV receiver, and Airplay sometimes not working, what should I be looking at for a replacement?
post #11276 of 11427 Old 10-29-2015, 06:33 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoner View Post
I posted about a year ago for the same problem on my 2313CI - won't turn on and needs a power unplug to activate. I did the microprocessor and network resets, and I think that got me 6-9 months before it got bad again. The problem seems to build over months after the resets, starting with one lock-up every few weeks, then finally reaching a head with multiple lockups in a day. It looks like it got bad again in June; I spent some time then making sure I could save a config file and reload it to make the resets easier. It has been getting worse lately with more complaints from the wife, kids, and in-laws. It finally got me twice today, so I did the resets and then loaded the config file.

If I can continue getting several months between resets and then just load a config file, I'm willing to live with 15 minutes every time it flares up. Given what I've read on here about repair service, I don't want to go down that route. I'd have to be without the receiver for weeks and pay for the repair, and then there's no guarantee a problem will actually be found or fixed.

Since I'm frustrated with Denon for this issue, incompatibility with my DirecTV receiver, and Airplay sometimes not working, what should I be looking at for a replacement?
Try doing at least 4-5 resets in a row as doing so will in some cases work better than just doing it once. Repair turn around time is based on the back log at the repair facility used. If you ship to the factory repair facility, United Radio, Syracuse, NY, it will in most cases only be a few days, however, as you say, as the issue may not be repeatable on demand, best to call United Radio to see if they are aware of a solution without having to see it presented on the AVR. Also, although the 3 year warranty on the 2313CI may have passed, many credit cards will add a 4th year so contact your credit card issuer to see if yours offers this benefit.

------------

post #11277 of 11427 Old 11-01-2015, 08:47 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hello all, I recently changed my setup from connecting everything to my 3313 to the TV instead. My PC's gpu is connected to TV via HDMI, the pc onboard HDMI is connected to avr. Only sometimes I can get the avr to show as the audio source on my pc, most of the time the audio outputs via TV speakers. Am I doing something wrong here? Maybe it's the power on sequence?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
post #11278 of 11427 Old 11-02-2015, 03:04 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMakoto View Post
Hello all, I recently changed my setup from connecting everything to my 3313 to the TV instead. My PC's gpu is connected to TV via HDMI, the pc onboard HDMI is connected to avr. Only sometimes I can get the avr to show as the audio source on my pc, most of the time the audio outputs via TV speakers. Am I doing something wrong here? Maybe it's the power on sequence?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
The AVR is not the source, rather the PC is the source and most likely it is a setting issue on the PC which must be enabled to allow audio to pass to the on board HDMI output of the PC.

------------

post #11279 of 11427 Old 11-02-2015, 05:30 AM

Audyssey is now completely dead on my receiver.
I've had to change every input to either "Off" or "Graphic EQ" to get any sound except for the Sub. It's weird that whatever the issue is only affects Audyssey.

I've done the warranty repair dance before on this unit and don't really want to do it again, if I even can.

I'm pretty bummed since I had no issues, and loved, this receiver until the last 6 months and now it seems like its just falling apart.
post #11280 of 11427 Old 11-14-2015, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 133
I have an AVR-1713. I've noticed an issue with some recent Sony "Cinema Series" and/or "ReMastered in 4K" blu-rays. If the HDMI video signal goes through the receiver (BR > Denon > TV) there are problems (black screen drop outs, etc.). If I run the HDMI signal directly from the BRdeck to the TV there are no problems.

Currently the settings are for 4444, DeepColor, 24p playback. Changing these offers no improvement. I've also tried using different HDMI cables. Only running the signal/cable directly from BR-deck to the TV solves the issue.

Is this a known or common bug with the 1713?

Last edited by sdg4vfx; 11-14-2015 at 07:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 1513 Receiver , Denon Avr 1613 Receiver , Denon Avr 1713 Receiver , Denon Avr 1913 Receiver , Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon
Gear in this thread

taboola here