The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 385 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 29Likes

Old 12-01-2016, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Can an AVR-1913 do HDMI 2.0 or HDCP 2.2? Need it to do 4k HDR pass through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2016, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 3654 Post(s)
Liked: 3493
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargod View Post
No, several years behind the curve for those features. HDCP 2.2 support debuted with last year (2015) models, e.g. AVR-X1200W or AVR-S910W.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
Old 12-02-2016, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13292 Post(s)
Liked: 6158
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargod View Post
If you don't plan on upgrading to a more current model (ie. 2015/2016), you must pass the 4k video directly to the TV with the audio going to the 1913. Note the current 4k BDPs on the market have dual HDMI outputs for this very use case. You can also purchase an HD Fury Integral as well which would strip the HDCP 2.2 and allow you to pass the video directly through the 1913.

https://www.hdfury.com/shop/splitter...60-444-600mhz/

Old 12-06-2016, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 21
2113ci here.

Everything works fine except that nothing appears on my TV display when I choose 'Internet Radio' (unless I hit my 'Options' button on the remote while in 'Internet Radio'). The radio itself works fine, just no video. I'm using the Denon App to find and play stations.

What could be the cause?

Dave

Uxbridge, MA.

Old 12-07-2016, 05:14 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Is there an update on when we think the firmware update with the new Pandora certificates will be available for the 3313CI?

Thanks,
Old 12-07-2016, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEHansen View Post
Is there an update on when we think the firmware update with the new Pandora certificates will be available for the 3313CI?

Thanks,
The update was scheduled for release for the 2313CI and 3313CI yesterday, but may be delayed to the end of this week.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Since I updated my 2113ci to the newest firmware, airplay from my Apple devices doesn't work. When I try to use it, I get a message "Unable to connect to Denom AVR-2113ci". Nothing in my setup has changed except the new firmware. Any ideas why AirPlay would be messed up after the update?
Old 12-11-2016, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
Since I updated my 2113ci to the newest firmware, airplay from my Apple devices doesn't work. When I try to use it, I get a message "Unable to connect to Denom AVR-2113ci". Nothing in my setup has changed except the new firmware. Any ideas why AirPlay would be messed up after the update?
Have you reviewed the first item listed in the Troubleshooting section of Post 3 of this thread?
Old 12-12-2016, 04:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got the popup and installed the firmware (9290-3179-0000-1550-1097) on my 3313. Is the update only for Pandora?
Old 12-12-2016, 12:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
I figured out my problem. It was unrelated to the firmware. I guess I haven't used Airplay on it in a while, because I inadvertently changed the setting to hide the Network source the last time I did a microprocessor reset. It's odd that Airplay was visible on my iOS devices, but wouldn't work until I changed it to Show the Network source.

Old 12-12-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophlin View Post
I just got the popup and installed the firmware (9290-3179-0000-1550-1097) on my 3313. Is the update only for Pandora?
Yes.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Just updated the firmware on my 3313CI and Pandora is back up and working.

Thanks all!
Old 12-23-2016, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdigeorgio View Post
They seems to have pushed the firmware update out overnight. I got the update button this morning when I turned on the TV (which triggered the AVR to come on). I didn't respond to the prompt timely so it went away. So then I tried a bit later to do the Check For Updates and it seems stuck on that screen indicating it's "connecting to the server ...". I can only guess the server is busy doing perhaps hundreds of concurrent updates as people turn on their equipment .., only a guess.

Update - few minutes later. I got out of the update and then went back in since it seemed stuck. Now it's moving. The update was pretty quick once it started - 5 minutes. Now everything is working - Sirius and Pandora are authenticating correctly and streaming is working fine. Yeah!
Well - today it seems like the Sirius XM won't work. I had listened to it and was simply trying to change to another channel when the trouble began. It's telling me No Network Connection which I find odd because the Pandora and Internet are working just fine ...I unplugged the power to the switch to let it reset and plugged it back in - no difference. It was only last weekend I did a soft/micro reset of the network and all was well. Any ideas why it would tell me No Network Connection only on Sirius (1913 model). Thanks.
Old 12-24-2016, 05:56 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Do you have a Sirius/XM Internet account? I would think that you would have to pay the extra fee for online access to use the Denon app.
Old 12-24-2016, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Well - today it seems like the Sirius XM won't work. I had listened to it and was simply trying to change to another channel when the trouble began. It's telling me No Network Connection which I find odd because the Pandora and Internet are working just fine ...I unplugged the power to the switch to let it reset and plugged it back in - no difference. It was only last weekend I did a soft/micro reset of the network and all was well. Any ideas why it would tell me No Network Connection only on Sirius (1913 model). Thanks.
Because you don't have a Sirius account.

Main: Mitsubishi 73736 DLP|OTA|fireTV|Sony BDP-S1100|Denon AVR-4311CI|MartinLogan Preface|Phantom|MartinLogan Encore TF|2 - DIY Class G 540w 12" Subs|2 Aura Bass Shakers|APC H15|Harmony 720|TP-Link Archer C7|Linksys SE2500|50+ OTA Channels

MBR: Vizio VF550M|OTA|fireTVstick 2|Sony BDP-S1100|Denon AVR-X1000|Chane A1rx-c|Phantom|Dayton Audio SAT-BK|MartinLogan Dynamo 300|Belkin PF30|Belkin Bridge|Harmony 550
Old 12-24-2016, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martytoo View Post
Do you have a Sirius/XM Internet account? I would think that you would have to pay the extra fee for online access to use the Denon app.
Yes - I have both features on my account - traditional and internet/streaming. It doesn't renew until May of next year so I know the account is active.

You may have missed this but I did mention that I was just listening to it (Sirius) and was simply changing the channel when I started to get the connection error message. And then I tried Pandora and Internet radio and they worked fine (so internet is there) and then went back to Sirius and get the same "No Internet Connection" error message ...
Old 12-24-2016, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Yes - I have both features on my account - traditional and internet/streaming. It doesn't renew until May of next year so I know the account is active.

You may have missed this but I did mention that I was just listening to it (Sirius) and was simply changing the channel when I started to get the connection error message. And then I tried Pandora and Internet radio and they worked fine (so internet is there) and then went back to Sirius and get the same "No Internet Connection" error message ...
I would think a call to Denon is in order. If they can't sort it out they will make a ticket to fix the bug you are experiencing. I hope the folks there are as professional as they were when I called a few years back. Though I am interested as you are no doubt as to whether others on this board are having trouble.
Old 12-25-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martytoo View Post
I would think a call to Denon is in order. If they can't sort it out they will make a ticket to fix the bug you are experiencing. I hope the folks there are as professional as they were when I called a few years back. Though I am interested as you are no doubt as to whether others on this board are having trouble.
Well - I had planned to call Denon after the holiday but when I tried it again Christmas Eve, it's now working again. Thankful that it's now working but why it didn't work the other day (even with several attempts) is very baffling ...
Old 12-30-2016, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Hi everyone,

I have an AVR-1713, and my issue is with sound crackling when I use Windows 10 (using an NVIDIA GPU's HDMI out). I don't have any other HDMI device besides my PC so I can't really check if it's the PC or the receiver.

Anyhow, a few times a day this crackling sound will start, and I'm forced to restart my computer for it to stop. Sometimes it requires restarting twice before it stops. It sounds like this (this is a recording I made):
http://picosong.com/dLrM/

I have both a set of speakers and headphones connected to the receiver and both exhibit this problem. Only a restart of Windows solves it. I've tried different drivers to no avail. I've also re-installed Windows, changed GPU (from GTX 960 to 970) and even replaced my computer case, since the older one was partially blocking the HDMI connector that goes into the GPU. The cable is rather new, bought right after I got this receiver (3 months ago, bought used), but is probably generic (though it supports all the fancy stuff, including 4k@60hz).

I have no idea what firmware my receiver runs, but I checked the firmware info and I couldn't find one that addresses such an issue.

I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Old 12-30-2016, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Guys - How I can use an input for music (like via a computer to a source like Bluray or via Airplay) and play it on all speakers? I have 7.1 setup but the music just plays from 2 front speakers. I'd appreciate your reply. I have an X3000 receiver.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Does anyone have HDMI-CEC working on an AVR-2113

I am connected to an LG TV which supposedly supports it (I am assuming it should work when the TV is on Monitor OUT) .. AND a DirectTV HR-54 which says it supports it.

I have the power control enabled in the Denon settings.. but am unable to get the Denon to act based on either device powering on/off. I have tried disabling the control from the TV in case that was confusing things.

I've tried 3 different HDMI cables (can the cables be too old to support it?). I've also tried moving the connection from the DVR to both CBL/SAT and DVD (in case 1 input was unwilling to support it).

At this point I'm stumped.

Unfortunately the DTV remote will only power control 2 devices (the TV and the DVR).. it assumes the "audio device" can only be powered on/off via HDMI-CEC.

EDIT: with a Genie client (not the main DVR), the "OFF" works with my 1713.. but not "ON".

Last edited by zim2dive; 01-02-2017 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2dive View Post
Does anyone have HDMI-CEC working on an AVR-2113

I am connected to an LG TV which supposedly supports it (I am assuming it should work when the TV is on Monitor OUT) .. AND a DirectTV HR-54 which says it supports it.

I have the power control enabled in the Denon settings.. but am unable to get the Denon to act based on either device powering on/off. I have tried disabling the control from the TV in case that was confusing things.

I've tried 3 different HDMI cables (can the cables be too old to support it?). I've also tried moving the connection from the DVR to both CBL/SAT and DVD (in case 1 input was unwilling to support it).

At this point I'm stumped.

Unfortunately the DTV remote will only power control 2 devices (the TV and the DVR).. it assumes the "audio device" can only be powered on/off via HDMI-CEC.

EDIT: with a Genie client (not the main DVR), the "OFF" works with my 1713.. but not "ON".

HDMI-CEC often does not work with cable/sat boxes. After setting HDMI Control to ON on the AVR, power TV, DTV, and AVR off and unplug power cables for 10 minutes. Then power on the TV, pause 5 seconds, AVR, pause 5 seconds, then DTV.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 01-03-2017 at 08:14 AM.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallu2u View Post
Guys - How I can use an input for music (like via a computer to a source like Bluray or via Airplay) and play it on all speakers? I have 7.1 setup but the music just plays from 2 front speakers. I'd appreciate your reply. I have an X3000 receiver.
Oops! Wrong thread. The X3000 is discussed in the 2013 Owner's thread linked below ...

The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ
Old 01-02-2017, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YonathanZ View Post
Hi everyone,

I have an AVR-1713, and my issue is with sound crackling when I use Windows 10 (using an NVIDIA GPU's HDMI out). I don't have any other HDMI device besides my PC so I can't really check if it's the PC or the receiver.

Anyhow, a few times a day this crackling sound will start, and I'm forced to restart my computer for it to stop. Sometimes it requires restarting twice before it stops. It sounds like this (this is a recording I made):
http://picosong.com/dLrM/

I have both a set of speakers and headphones connected to the receiver and both exhibit this problem. Only a restart of Windows solves it. I've tried different drivers to no avail. I've also re-installed Windows, changed GPU (from GTX 960 to 970) and even replaced my computer case, since the older one was partially blocking the HDMI connector that goes into the GPU. The cable is rather new, bought right after I got this receiver (3 months ago, bought used), but is probably generic (though it supports all the fancy stuff, including 4k@60hz).

I have no idea what firmware my receiver runs, but I checked the firmware info and I couldn't find one that addresses such an issue.

I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks.
If you didn't already, the first step to do after purchasing a "used" AVR is to reset the microprocessor (p. 126 Owner's manual) to ensure all settings are restored to factory defaults. Try each of the other HDMI inputs on the AVR to see if one behaves differently (ie. no crackling sound), otherwise, the issue may require connecting the PC (HDMI)--> TV with an audio cable (either from the PC or the TV) back to the AVR.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
HDMI-CEC often does not work with cable/sat boxes. After setting HDMI Control to ON on the AVR, power TV, DTV, and AVR off and unplug power cables for 10 minutes. Then power on the TV, pause 5 seconds, AVR, pause 5 seconds, then DTV. If still no joy, the work around would be the cable/sat box (HDMI) to be connected directly to the TV with cable/sat box (optical) to be connected to the AVR.
How would that be a work-around? I will still need to use 2 remotes.. one for the DVR+TV and one to power on/off the AVR.... tolerable for a single guy.. major fail on the WAF tho
Old 01-03-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2dive View Post
How would that be a work-around? I will still need to use 2 remotes.. one for the DVR+TV and one to power on/off the AVR.... tolerable for a single guy.. major fail on the WAF tho
Oops! Was thinking more of an HDMI handshake work around. For your use case, you would be best served purchasing a Harmony 650 remote (~$50) which can control up to 8 devices with one button press getting major WAF points in the process.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech...lCMaAkwN8P8HAQ
Old 01-03-2017, 07:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Oops! Was thinking more of an HDMI handshake work around. For your use case, you would be best served purchasing a Harmony 650 remote (~$50) which can control up to 8 devices with one button press getting major WAF points in the process.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech...lCMaAkwN8P8HAQ
Looks like it was a cable issue.. I was swapping the cable between the AVR and DVR... but the problem was the cable between the TV and AVR. CEC and ARC are working now for the one setup.. next to tackle the setup with my 1713.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Denon 2313 CI with Pioneer Elite SP-EBS73 4 ohm Speakers

Pretty sure I know the correct answer but here goes.....

I really like the Pioneer Elite SP-EBS73 bookshelf speakers b/c they come very highly rated, affordable, smaller size, Dolby Atmos capable (not sure if I will ever use/need it but icing on the cake). Unfortunately they are 4 ohm rated https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...S73-LR#manuals.

As I understand it, My Denon 2313 is either 8 ohm or 6 ohm capable. I'm not sure the pro's/con's of switching to 6 ohm, but for the sake of argument, lets say that I do switch to 6 ohm.

Let's cut to the chase, is it just plain dumb for me to run 4 ohm speakers on my Denon 6 ohm amp?

If other details of my use case would change ya'alls response:
-The only other speakers I have on the Denon today (and in the immediate future) are the two outdoor speakers I have running on Zone 2 which are not used very often. I may add a center, Sub or other speakers at some point, but assume I will only run the Pioneers and occasionally the outdoor speakers.
- My home audio is used for (in order of frequency): watching sports, kids cartoons, music (Pandora/Spotify/iTunes), family movies, and very occasionally a big kid movie playing at higher volume. Essentially, this system won't be taxed with playing loud music/movies very often.

I'm not going to purchase a new AVR, so I need to purchase speakers that will work with my Denon. Assuming I should steer clear of 4 ohm speakers, any recommendations for bookshelf speakers, ~$600 that are adept at both music and movie (surround sound) playback?

Thanks in advance for any sage wisdom and guidance.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 3654 Post(s)
Liked: 3493
In general a 4-ohm speaker will be fine unless you want to crank the volume, at which point the AVR might overheat and shut down. If you're not going to blast it then those speakers should be fine, especially if you cross over the low end to a subwoofer.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
Old 01-10-2017, 07:01 AM

Hi all,

My 2313ci recently started doing the old, "no sound to speakers" thing. I hear a click (like you get when the AVR powers on) then nothing. A couple of times there was a pretty awful buzzing instead of speaker output as well, though that is rarer.

For a while power cycling the unit restored functionality, and often I could just plug in headphones to get sound out. But then I had to start doing microprocessor resets for sound to come back, and then headphone input started conking out as well.

I tried the 5-6 microprocessor reset process, but the problem keeps coming back, so I'm guessing it's hardware.

Any idea what the faulty component might be, and how much it might cost to repair?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Denon Avr 1513 Receiver , Denon Avr 1613 Receiver , Denon Avr 1713 Receiver , Denon Avr 1913 Receiver , Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon
Gear in this thread