The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 386 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 29Likes

post #11551 of 11563 Old 01-10-2017, 09:52 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 275 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12564 Post(s)
Liked: 5748
Quote:
Originally Posted by deton8 View Post
Hi all,

My 2313ci recently started doing the old, "no sound to speakers" thing. I hear a click (like you get when the AVR powers on) then nothing. A couple of times there was a pretty awful buzzing instead of speaker output as well, though that is rarer.

For a while power cycling the unit restored functionality, and often I could just plug in headphones to get sound out. But then I had to start doing microprocessor resets for sound to come back, and then headphone input started conking out as well.

I tried the 5-6 microprocessor reset process, but the problem keeps coming back, so I'm guessing it's hardware.

Any idea what the faulty component might be, and how much it might cost to repair?

Thanks!
On older models (ie. 2010), there is an issue where the main zone speakers go silent because the headphone circuit is engaged due to dust build-up on the contacts. As a last test, try inserting/removing the headphone plug a few times in the headphone jack. If still no joy, this could be an issue of amp failure which is likely to cost at least $300 or so to repair. Likely better to put the money into a more current model, especially if planning on purchasing a 4k TV in the near future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11552 of 11563 Old 01-11-2017, 04:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
On older models (ie. 2010), there is an issue where the main zone speakers go silent because the headphone circuit is engaged due to dust build-up on the contacts. As a last test, try inserting/removing the headphone plug a few times in the headphone jack. If still no joy, this could be an issue of amp failure which is likely to cost at least $300 or so to repair. Likely better to put the money into a more current model, especially if planning on purchasing a 4k TV in the near future.
Thanks for the reply. I will see if I can clean out the headphone jack with some canned air or something.

If that doesn't do the trick I guess I will start shopping around for when it finally kicks the bucket altogether!
post #11553 of 11563 Old 01-16-2017, 10:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 273
My AVR-1713 is not outputting any sound out of the front left channel. I already swapped out the two front speakers as well as flipped the cables while using the test tone function and the issue persists.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? Is my only option sending it for repair or are there any DIY alternatives I can try?

Thanks

Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M
Pioneer Kuro PRO-141FD
Pioneer Kuro PRO-111FD x 2
Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020 x 2

post #11554 of 11563 Old 01-16-2017, 10:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Microprocessor reset did the trick. Helps to check the first post of this thread lol.

Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M
Pioneer Kuro PRO-141FD
Pioneer Kuro PRO-111FD x 2
Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020 x 2
post #11555 of 11563 Old 01-17-2017, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveddie81 View Post
Microprocessor reset did the trick. Helps to check the first post of this thread lol.
Great! Thanks for reporting back with the solution.
post #11556 of 11563 Old 01-26-2017, 03:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Just joined the AVS Forum. I wanted to thank all who have posted information about the "care and feeding" of the Denon AVR-XX13 series receivers. I was having trouble with my AVR-2313CI updating to the new firmware. I began the Google search and stumbled over this website and this thread. I would have never been able to unlock it from the "Update Retry" loop without your help! I was finally able to get my AVR-2313 updated using the USB method.

I did discover one item about the USB update that I did not notice in this thread. The read file that comes with the Denon firmware download file describes how to do an USB firmware update but leaves out one very important step! After loading the firmware folder onto a USB thumb drive, you make certain the AVR is turned off, then insert the thumb drive in the front USB slot. While simultaneously depressing the " Tuner Preset CH-" and "Status" buttons, power on the AVR. The display will show "USBUpdateStart".

The missing step is you must select "Enter" on the AVR original remote control to get the AVR to actually begin the update from the USB drive! Once you press "Enter" on the remote the display will show "UpdateFileCheck". After 30 seconds to 1 minute the display will switch to a time remaining countdown and the power indicator will switch to "red". After the process is complete, the display will show "UpdateComplete". Once complete, the Denon instructions recommend doing a microprocessor reset.

I apologize if this information is somewhere else in this thread--I didn't read all 11555 posts! I just wanted to make certain this info is out there for all to read.
batpig likes this.
post #11557 of 11563 Old 02-12-2017, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
2113ci owner, it's doing this thing where sound is horribly distorted, loud, clipped, and crackly, but ONLY when using headphones?? I'm going to try a different HDMI port on the denon to see if that helps but has anyone else heard of this problem?

[edit] Headphones work just fine on everything else, PC > green audio out > headphones work fine too, and PC > HDMI > Denon > Speakers work perfectly.
post #11558 of 11563 Old 03-05-2017, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Greetings. I'm hopeful someone has a fix for this issue that recently popped up.

My Denon 1713 recently stopped reading the hard drive I use to play stored music through the iPod/USB port. It used to work flawlessly. So far I have tried (1) resetting the microprocessor, (2) updating the firmware, (3) first aid on the hard drive, (4) erasing, reformatting, and reloading the hard drive, and (5) cleaning/tightening the USB connection on the receiver. I'm still getting a "No Connection" message from the receiver. The files on the hard drive are all readable and playable through VLC on my computer. Any fixes for this?

Thanks!
post #11559 of 11563 Old 03-05-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autzenpowers View Post
Greetings. I'm hopeful someone has a fix for this issue that recently popped up.

My Denon 1713 recently stopped reading the hard drive I use to play stored music through the iPod/USB port. It used to work flawlessly. So far I have tried (1) resetting the microprocessor, (2) updating the firmware, (3) first aid on the hard drive, (4) erasing, reformatting, and reloading the hard drive, and (5) cleaning/tightening the USB connection on the receiver. I'm still getting a "No Connection" message from the receiver. The files on the hard drive are all readable and playable through VLC on my computer. Any fixes for this?

Thanks!
Try doing a "network reset" on the 1713 as noted in post 5 of this thread, doing it a few times in a row. If still no joy, you may need to use another source device (eg. BDP, game, etc.).
post #11560 of 11563 Old 03-07-2017, 01:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:

Thanks!
Make sure to also check the micro-USB cable housing/connection end from the drive. Those things are really pesky, any slight bends or angles can completely shut down your connection, especially if it is a Seagate. Grab the end of the plastic cable housing and bend it around to see if it makes contact, or try a different cable.
post #11561 of 11563 Old 03-17-2017, 05:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymate View Post
calibrating my TV

And after owning my 2113 for over a year just noticed the denon brightness control set to 0 is clipping the blacks

I moved it up to 1 and it seems to stop clipping the blacks

Is that right and moving to 1 fixes it.

I was doing a below video black test and every test bar below video blacks was missing until I set the denon brightness to 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymate View Post
Any ideas
mine doesn't even do that, it always clips blacks unless i'm changing the wrong setting, where did you find yours?

Hey, I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class
Especially since I rule.
post #11562 of 11563 Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Try doing a "network reset" on the 1713 as noted in post 5 of this thread, doing it a few times in a row. If still no joy, you may need to use another source device (eg. BDP, game, etc.).
Thanks for the advice. I tried several network resets and it didn't help. I plugged in a USB jump drive with an LED that lights up when connected to a computer and it stays dark when connected to the Denon. I'm thinking maybe the USB port failed mechanically. How would I hook a hard drive up to another source device as suggested above? Thanks again!
post #11563 of 11563 Old Today, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I tried several network resets and it didn't help. I plugged in a USB jump drive with an LED that lights up when connected to a computer and it stays dark when connected to the Denon. I'm thinking maybe the USB port failed mechanically. How would I hook a hard drive up to another source device as suggested above? Thanks again!
Any source device that will accept a USB input (eg. Blu Ray player, PS3, PS4, XBOX, TV, etc.).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 1513 Receiver , Denon Avr 1613 Receiver , Denon Avr 1713 Receiver , Denon Avr 1913 Receiver , Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page