The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 388 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 29Likes

post #11611 of 11632 Old 08-12-2017, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a new problem with my 3 year old 1913.
I have standard connections - Denon goes to my samsung TV's HDMI ARC input.
my Rasberry PI, Blue Ray and Xfinity X1 DVR connects via HDMI to the Denon's inputs.

Since the last 3 weeks, I have been having a problem - in that my denon is not able to send my cable box's video or audio to TV.
When i reboot my Xfinity - I do get the display on TV "Welcome to X1" and "powering on - please wait for a few mins".
and after that - no display at all.

I trouble shooted as much as I could - and I am seeking your help now.
I hit cbl/sat - nothing
I changed HDMI cables - nothing.
I bypassed Denon - and connect X1 STB directly to the TV - that works. on same cable from denon's HDMI output. that works.
I also connected from X1 to a non-ARC input of TV- that works.

so basically X1 STB directly to Samsung TV works.
X1 STB via Denon (via cbl/sat, DVD or multi-media HDMI in) does not work.
Rasberry PI, blue ray are switched by Denon properly.

any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11612 of 11632 Old 08-13-2017, 02:32 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 385 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15331 Post(s)
Liked: 7487
Quote:
Originally Posted by happymister View Post
I have a new problem with my 3 year old 1913.
I have standard connections - Denon goes to my samsung TV's HDMI ARC input.
my Rasberry PI, Blue Ray and Xfinity X1 DVR connects via HDMI to the Denon's inputs.

Since the last 3 weeks, I have been having a problem - in that my denon is not able to send my cable box's video or audio to TV.
When i reboot my Xfinity - I do get the display on TV "Welcome to X1" and "powering on - please wait for a few mins".
and after that - no display at all.

I trouble shooted as much as I could - and I am seeking your help now.
I hit cbl/sat - nothing
I changed HDMI cables - nothing.
I bypassed Denon - and connect X1 STB directly to the TV - that works. on same cable from denon's HDMI output. that works.
I also connected from X1 to a non-ARC input of TV- that works.

so basically X1 STB directly to Samsung TV works.
X1 STB via Denon (via cbl/sat, DVD or multi-media HDMI in) does not work.
Rasberry PI, blue ray are switched by Denon properly.

any thoughts?
Most likely an HDCP issue or perhaps the result of a recent firmware update to the X1. Connect the X1 video via HDMI to the TV with X1 audio via optical to the AVR.
post #11613 of 11632 Old 08-19-2017, 08:28 AM

volume control on cable box remote no longer working

I used to be able to control the volume on my 2113 via the cable box remote. I have lost this functionality. When I try to increase/decrease the volume, a display on the TV indicates "speakers off".

Tried a soft and hard. nada.

Any tips?

BTW, I married up the remote with the AVR. I can turn the receiver off and on from the remote.

tks

Montreal

Last edited by carl333; 08-19-2017 at 08:38 AM.

post #11614 of 11632 Old 08-19-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl333 View Post
I used to be able to control the volume on my 2113 via the cable box remote. I have lost this functionality. When I try to increase/decrease the volume, a display on the TV indicates "speakers off".

Tried a soft and hard. nada.

Any tips?

BTW, I married up the remote with the AVR. I can turn the receiver off and on from the remote.

tks
HDMI Control must be enabled on both the cable box and AVR although the issue could also be the result of a recent firmware update to the cable box.
post #11615 of 11632 Old 08-19-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
HDMI Control must be enabled on both the cable box and AVR although the issue could also be the result of a recent firmware update to the cable box.
TY jd, your a Denon genus. I was hoping you would chime in. I knew you had a solution. Success!

Montreal
post #11616 of 11632 Old 08-22-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Most likely an HDCP issue or perhaps the result of a recent firmware update to the X1. Connect the X1 video via HDMI to the TV with X1 audio via optical to the AVR.
looks like the HDMI cable might have been faulty - which is weird - since my raspberry PI was being "switched" properly.
also the Comcast X1 DVR output upon reboot stating "Welcome to X1......" was coming thru on the TV properly.
just that the channels were not showing up.

This was thru a monster cable - high end - shielded cable worth $40-$50 - and 3 years old.

I switched that a regular low end - free - cable that I had - and that got all the inputs working !
Not sure what was wrong with the monster cable that only X1 HDMI was not Xmitting.

but solved for now!
post #11617 of 11632 Old 08-23-2017, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymister View Post
looks like the HDMI cable might have been faulty - which is weird - since my raspberry PI was being "switched" properly.
also the Comcast X1 DVR output upon reboot stating "Welcome to X1......" was coming thru on the TV properly.
just that the channels were not showing up.

This was thru a monster cable - high end - shielded cable worth $40-$50 - and 3 years old.

I switched that a regular low end - free - cable that I had - and that got all the inputs working !
Not sure what was wrong with the monster cable that only X1 HDMI was not Xmitting.

but solved for now!
Yet another reason to stay away from high priced Monster cables.
post #11618 of 11632 Old 08-23-2017, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Yet another reason to stay away from high priced Monster cables.
I'll second that. Try Blue Jeans Cable or Monoprice for great prices on top-quality cables.
post #11619 of 11632 Old 08-23-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEHansen View Post
I'll second that. Try Blue Jeans Cable or Monoprice for great prices on top-quality cables.
Yup. $4 instead of $40 or $80.
post #11620 of 11632 Old 08-31-2017, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Shoot. I think my 2113 died. I got home last night and went to turn it on and nothing. Little light under power button is off. Tried to do the reset of holding power button and the ch+ and ch- button and nothing. I held them for like 10 seconds. I'm at work right now and will try it again when I get home as I read on here to try it 5 times. I also popped the case off and checked the fuses and they looked fine last night. Any other ideas on what could be wrong? How much it may cost to repair?
post #11621 of 11632 Old 09-01-2017, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleAbuse View Post
Shoot. I think my 2113 died. I got home last night and went to turn it on and nothing. Little light under power button is off. Tried to do the reset of holding power button and the ch+ and ch- button and nothing. I held them for like 10 seconds. I'm at work right now and will try it again when I get home as I read on here to try it 5 times. I also popped the case off and checked the fuses and they looked fine last night. Any other ideas on what could be wrong? How much it may cost to repair?
You don't "hold" the power button, rather you "press/hold" the other two buttons while powering on the AVR (ie. press and release the power button as you would normally).
post #11622 of 11632 Old 09-01-2017, 09:22 AM

Ok. I tried that now too. Still nothing. Little power light never lights up at all.f
post #11623 of 11632 Old 09-01-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Ok. I tried that now too. Still nothing. Little power light never lights up at all.f
Then you're right. It's dead.
post #11624 of 11632 Old 09-01-2017, 11:09 AM

Blah. Any ideas as far as repair costs. Seems like it would be a power circuit issue which looks like it's easy to swap out. Are parts like that available?
post #11625 of 11632 Old 09-01-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Blah. Any ideas as far as repair costs. Seems like it would be a power circuit issue which looks like it's easy to swap out. Are parts like that available?
No idea, and not likely to find parts for a 5 year old model at this point although can always check with an authorized Denon repair facility unless of course you want to take advantage of some of the newer features to include Atmos/DTS:X/4k/HEOS in which case might as well just put the money into a more current (ie. 2015 or newer) model.
post #11626 of 11632 Old 09-16-2017, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Update on 3313CI not powering up sometimes

I should have come back long ago to update this... And, after reading this, I can't believe I lived with it for so long, but it only happened about once every 2 weeks or so and I put a switch inline with the power cord to make it easy to "reset." But, to update this, the firmware update released in December of '16 resolved the issue. (And, I recently bought an X4300H so the 3313CI is now relegated to non-4K basement duty.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoan View Post
Help...AVR-3313CI won't turn on - sometimes.

Ok, I've read the FAQs, I searched this and other forums. I'm hoping one of you can provide that secret answer... A guy can hope, right?

I've owned the 3313 since new (~11/2012). I take care of it. Cooling fans, lots of reading manuals, FAQs, etc. It's been pretty decent until recently. About a week and a half ago, I went to power on the unit (Harmony activity). Everything powered on but the 3313. Red power light is lit solid. Tried original remote - nothing. Pressed the power button - nothing. To the forums Batman... Quick perusal and I try the soft reset (unplugged for ~10 mins.) Plug it back in and it powers up and all seems right with the world. Not so.

The next day, same thing, won't power on. Soft reset revives it, again. Already getting old... But, since I had been having one mild, nagging issue (when accessing the web interface through the browser, the second screen, after selecting the 'main zone power' option wouldn't render all the way. Pressing F5 would 'fix' it) I thought, let's do the microprocessor reset and see if it solves it all. Do the reset and set everything back up and . . . drum roll . . . next day same thing. I read more here and elsewhere. I read the many implores to do microprocessor resets 5 times. I do that; set things back up (network connection seems spotty, but I don't use that much) and, next day - same thing.

I read more. I do supposedly undocumented network interface and microprocessor reset 5 times. I think you know what's coming the next day... I break down and call Denon. We go over symptoms and all I've done. Guy tells me that the solid red light in Standby indicates an overload or some sort of error condition. This doesn't sound right. It looks the same when it does turn on. Then he says there's an'extended soft reset' I should try. That involves disconnecting EVERYTHING and unplugging for 10 mins. This way, he says, no power leaks in via connected devices. (So, he says, that means unplugging my speakers, too . . .) So, 95% of my rig is connected to a UPS. I power it down and unplug or disconnect the couple of other things. I let it sit for ~30 mins. Connect it all back up, power it back up, all works. Next day . . . Really getting old now.

I call Denon back. This guy tells me the first guy was an idiot.; that if I've done a microprocessor reset and it's still happening, it's repair time. This is where I learn (I gloss over those parts when reading posts here) that Denon's idea of warranty repair sucks and that there are apparently only about 4 repairs centers in the Milky Way. Now, I exaggerate - a little, Closest repair place is 40 miles away and I live in the center of the Capitalistic world! (DC area). I'm fine with taking it in and I *think* I can survive without it for a while. (I have my AVR-2807 still...) I just want to know that there's nothing left to try. I can detail what's connected, if someone things it's needed. Nothing special. 5.1 set up. 5 HDMI devices - 73" Mitsubishi DLP (still works great!), Verizon FiOS VMS1000, LG Blu-ray for those nostalgic days, Apple TV, and a Roku 2 XS. 5 of the 5.1 are pre-outs to an Outlaw amp and the sub is a Sony 100W job.

But, before I yank it all apart and slug it over there, is there anything else anyone can suggest? Nothing has changed in the last month. I haven't added or removed anything in over a month.

Thanks for reading and any help!
Greg

Last edited by gdoan; 09-16-2017 at 07:58 PM. Reason: typo
post #11627 of 11632 Old 09-30-2017, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoan View Post
I should have come back long ago to update this... And, after reading this, I can't believe I lived with it for so long, but it only happened about once every 2 weeks or so and I put a switch inline with the power cord to make it easy to "reset." But, to update this, the firmware update released in December of '16 resolved the issue. (And, I recently bought an X4300H so the 3313CI is now relegated to non-4K basement duty.)
Hi @gdoan
You mention Firmware update of December 2016
Which one is that, and where does one get it.

I have AVR-3313CI and the current firmware on it is: 9290-3179-0000-1550-1097
If I check for updates on the device, it says it is the latest.
If I Enter my device model / Serial number here: http://firmware.denon.eu/
It comes up with firmware: 1490-3179-0000-9010-1097 to be the latest

Am I on the latest, if not where do I get the latest, and what number is that?

Thanks
post #11628 of 11632 Old 10-01-2017, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badabing2005 View Post
Hi @gdoan
You mention Firmware update of December 2016
Which one is that, and where does one get it.

I have AVR-3313CI and the current firmware on it is: 9290-3179-0000-1550-1097
If I check for updates on the device, it says it is the latest.
If I Enter my device model / Serial number here: http://firmware.denon.eu/
It comes up with firmware: 1490-3179-0000-9010-1097 to be the latest

Am I on the latest, if not where do I get the latest, and what number is that?

Thanks
If the AVR indicates it has the latest version ... then it has the latest version available. Also note that as you are apparently located in Europe, your version number may be different than the USA model discussed in this thread.
post #11629 of 11632 Old 10-01-2017, 06:15 AM

Quote:
If the AVR indicates it has the latest version ... then it has the latest version available. Also note that as you are apparently located in Europe, your version number may be different than the USA model discussed in this thread.
Thanks for the follow up,
I'm located in Canada, but that was the only link I could find that would allow me download a firmware update.
I don't trust the Check update on the device, even if my internet is down, it says I have the latest.

Where is the December 2016 update? that's quite recent.

Thanks
post #11630 of 11632 Old 10-01-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the follow up,
I'm located in Canada, but that was the only link I could find that would allow me download a firmware update.
I don't trust the Check update on the device, even if my internet is down, it says I have the latest.

Where is the December 2016 update? that's quite recent.

Thanks
As listed in post 6 of this thread, the Dec 2016 update fixed the Pandora logon issue. Is Pandora an option on your Canada model? If not, no reason it should get the update.
post #11631 of 11632 Old 10-01-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
As listed in post 6 of this thread, the Dec 2016 update fixed the Pandora logon issue. Is Pandora an option on your Canada model? If not, no reason it should get the update.
Thanks again for the follow up.
You're right, Pandora does not apply to us.
Though it would still be nice to somehow know which release date firmware mine is, I don't care about the Pandora fix, but I want to be at least at 3/10/2014
Any way to download these updates or map the firmware numbers to the release dates?

Thanks
post #11632 of 11632 Old 10-02-2017, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Thanks again for the follow up.
You're right, Pandora does not apply to us.
Though it would still be nice to somehow know which release date firmware mine is, I don't care about the Pandora fix, but I want to be at least at 3/10/2014
Any way to download these updates or map the firmware numbers to the release dates?

Thanks
Only more current models can load USB updates, and again ... if the unit indicates it has the latest version when connected to the internet ... it has the latest version.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 1513 Receiver , Denon Avr 1613 Receiver , Denon Avr 1713 Receiver , Denon Avr 1913 Receiver , Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page