Reset sequence for Marantz SR7002-flashing red light - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 10 Old 05-15-2012, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the dreaded "flashing red standby" light error on my beloved Marantz SR7002. This happened after a lightening storm and I am hoping that I can reset the circuitry and not have to send the unit away for a month.

Does anyone know the reset sequence on the front panel to reset the microprocessor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-15-2012, 03:33 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 4845 Post(s)
Liked: 2514
Although the reset procedure is listed on p. 82 in your Owner's manual (press/hold MULTI and Speakers A/B buttons while powering on); note that when the AVR shuts down in protection mode, it's most often due to a speaker wire from one post touching another post, so pull out the AVR and visually check all speaker wires are cleanly connected.

Also, is the power ring light blinking at 2x/sec (speaker wire or playing 4Ω speakers too loud) or more rapidly at 8x/sec (amp failure)?

------------------
Ask for "JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006
Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective? Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times.
post #3 of 10 Old 01-01-2013, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hit 7.1. Pure direct. And clear buttons on front panel all at the same time. Got it from marantz tech support. It's not in the manual. It works. But if it goes back in protective mode it will need service
post #4 of 10 Old 05-15-2013, 12:15 PM

Thank you very much. I had my unit setting at a local repair guy checking the outputs for a short for 2months( older guy ). He concluded it was the microprocessor. Which. He did not have the ability.to test. I was going to the local shipping office this afternoon. To ship it to an authorized repair shop 150 miles away. Read your post, ran an extension cord out to my sefvice truck during lunch to test your magic press buttons and Bingo!!!!
post #5 of 10 Old 07-05-2013, 11:05 PM

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33charlie View Post

Hit 7.1. Pure direct. And clear buttons on front panel all at the same time. Got it from marantz tech support. It's not in the manual. It works. But if it goes back in protective mode it will need service

Hi,

thank you very much.

I had the same problem with my Marantz and this is the only way I've found to reset my amplifier. Very useful smile.gif
post #6 of 10 Old 01-01-2014, 01:00 AM

Life saver! Experienced the dreaded flashing Standby and after following your reset instructions, I was back in business. Many thanks as this was the only posted reference on the web that worked!
post #7 of 10 Old 03-03-2014, 01:58 PM

Hello,

I am knew to Marantz - was able to obtain a used one, which has the 'red light blinking' problem. Don't have the exact model in front me, but I assume they all work under the same principle.

Could you care to explain how I can reset the unit, and what exactly I need to do to fix the 2/sec blinking. 

Thanks a lot,

K

post #8 of 10 Old 03-03-2014, 02:23 PM
585-645-1006

The reset procedure depends on the model number, however, the issue is likely a result of one of the following issues ...

1. A loose speaker wire from one speaker post touching another speaker post.
2. Driving 4-ohm speakers too loud.
3. Amp failure.

------------------
Ask for "JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006
Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
post #9 of 10 Unread Today, 12:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Which exactly buttons and in what order?

"Hit 7.1. Pure direct. And clear buttons on front panel all at the same time. Got it from marantz tech support. It's not in the manual"
Please, let me know how to "clear button on the front panel at the same time"? Which exactly bitton should I press for this?
Thanks in advance!
post #10 of 10 Unread Today, 12:30 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balio Dinev View Post
"Hit 7.1. Pure direct. And clear buttons on front panel all at the same time. Got it from marantz tech support. It's not in the manual"
Please, let me know how to "clear button on the front panel at the same time"? Which exactly bitton should I press for this?
Thanks in advance!
It is indeed confusing the way it was originally posted. It should read as the following:

Press and hold the following three buttons on the front panel: 7.1 CH Input, Pure Direct, and Clear
Power on the AVR and continue holding the 3 buttons for at least 4-5 seconds.

------------------
Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page