MultEQ XT - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 05-20-2012, 05:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all, I have the denon 2112, I purchased it a few months ago and just received a new set of speakers and re- ran audyssey, my new speakers are Klipsch RB-61 II fronts and RC-52 II center with polk in walls for rears and HSU sub. After calibration the sub is set to LFE 120hz the fronts are set to 40hz, the center and rears are set to 60hz crossover, my room is small 11x20 the speaker volumes for the fronts and rears are set to -6db,center -10db and sub is-2db. I noticed that I'm getting a lot of bass in my front speakers and not my sub, and navigating thru the menu under audyssey the multEQ xt is defaulted to off, is this right? I thought it would be on the the set up wizard. My old speakers were infinity primus and the HSU sub produced much more bass with them, I'm confused and sorry this post is all over the place
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-20-2012, 05:38 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 785 Post(s)
Liked: 1437
After running AUTO SETUP, Audyssey defaults to ON, however, will be disabled if you select either PURE or PURE DIRECT surround modes.

Also note there is a dedicated thread for Denon AVR-XX12 Owner's linked in my sig. Review the Audyssey 101 link in my sig as well for more helpful Audyssey info.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 7 Old 05-20-2012, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

After running AUTO SETUP, Audyssey defaults to ON, however, will be disabled if you select either PURE or PURE DIRECT surround modes.

Also note there is a dedicated thread for Denon AVR-XX12 Owner's linked in my sig. Review the Audyssey 101 link in my sig as well for more helpful Audyssey info.

Possibly after running audyssey again I engaged or disengaged a setting because now my sub doesn't even turn on when I turn to a Dolby digital channel, do you suggest re-running audyssey? Also it automatically chooses zone 2 with the amp selection I'm only using a 5.1 set up what should the amp selection be? Choices are zone2, normal, biamp?
post #4 of 7 Old 05-20-2012, 06:00 AM
585-645-1006

Sure. Do a microprocessor reset (p. 129 in Owner's manual) and then run AUTO SETUP again.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech
post #5 of 7 Old 05-20-2012, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Sure. Do a microprocessor reset (p. 129 in Owner's manual) and then run AUTO SETUP again.

Thanks mr smoothie :-)
post #6 of 7 Old 05-20-2012, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Thanks again everything worked out great... Quick question my speaker crossover settings were fronts 40hz, center and surrounds are 60hz. Should I leave them at this or change everything to 80hz. I am using the HSU vtf2 mk4 sub for bass management? Thank you.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-20-2012, 10:57 AM
585-645-1006

Raise all crossovers up to 80hz and let the sub handle the low end to not only provide the AVR with more headroom, but also because there are 8x more sub Audyssey filters than speaker filters.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page