post #31 of 34 Old 05-28-2012, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyboardcat View Post

mjpearce023 that is good that a dealer didn't look at you as just a kid, but as a decision maker. I see teens spend a lot of money on hi fi equipment sometimes, with that summer job like mowing lawns etc. It is nice mjpearce023 that you found another good dealer 30 minutes away.

Yeah that salesman was great. Even if I told him I was just looking around he would still talk to me for over an hour ever time I came to the store. I probably spent at least 5000 with him from the time I was 14 to 22 and I brought him another 5000 from family. I consider that to be a good amount because I worked for my money as a teenager so that wasn't easy to come up with. He was truly the coolest dealer I have ever met. He never tried to talk me up above what I was looking at and that was a complete switch from what I usually see. He left the store before they closed so hopefully he found something in the audio field because he was a genius in that area.

I don't love the new dealer but it's the only place around I can find paradigms. As far as receivers and tvs I'll go online for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 05-28-2012, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
mjpearce023 I wonder if he still lives in the area after all these years. If he does maybe you could meet at a diner or somewhere and talk about how audio has changed over the years?
post #33 of 34 Old 05-28-2012, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

bladerunner6 he should be interested in small and big purchases. Maybe you should find another dealer. I don't like how he wasn't involved in your Yamaha receiver purchase.
post #34 of 34 Old 05-28-2012, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Venomous I think that Best buy won't be around in 2 to three years either. They are trying to close some stores, but open new ones geared towards cell phones and other stuff. A lot of people buy smart phones, so maybe it will work out for them. Only time will tell.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page