Forum Jump: 

Old 05-24-2012, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Hey everyone,

Last night I was working in the theater and I was using AirPlay from my iphone to an AppleTV which is hooked up to an Integra DHC-80.2 and that too a CTS4200 (playing only L/C/R+sub). I usually listening to my music a 71db on the Integra with the source (iphone at 90%) and my crown turn up 100%. Last night as I started listening to a song, 20 secs into the song, the volume suddenly dropped I would say 10db's. I had to crank up my Integra to almost 90db to have roughly the same level of sound as before. I don't know if it's the Integra or the Crown Amp.

I'm usually a pretty good trouble shooter, I just don't know how to go about a process of elimination. I can try another source tonight, I'm simply not sure who can be the culprit.

Any tips on what I can try to solve this issue? I actually found that at 71db, sound was extremely loud, especially watching a blu-ray. On the Integra, the THX Reference level is set at 74 or 76, so it doesn't make sense that I have to crank up the processor to 90db to get the same sound I was getting at 71db.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Vince

Get all your A/V News at: AVS Latest News

Like AVS Forum on Facebook
Follow AVS Forums on Twitter

AVSForum
Bringing the AV Community Together