Harman Kardon AVR 125 Help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-25-2012, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an HK AVR 125 Receiver with a problem. When I push in the master power button, the power/standby button turns green, but no display nor activity can be seen on the unit. I have nothing connected to it currently, just plugged in to outlet.

When I was using it (about 3 years ago), it would shut off sporadically with a click and the power/standby button would remain red. I think that was due to a speaker wire short. But now, the unit does nothing. I thought maybe it was a fuse or something but I am too much of a novice to go digging around myself. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-26-2012, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Hi, I have an HK525 that the center display works most of the time but sometimes not. The AVR works just fine except it is hard to read the display and usually later on it lights up again.
The HK325 in another room sometimes (maybe 1 or 2x a year) refuses to output anything or even warm up as if a relay is stuck.
For your HK125 (I have one of those too) you might try plugging in some headphones and see if you can hear the radio.
If the AVR does nothing or clicks and goes into protection mode then probably 1 or more output amps are shorted and need replacement. The HK125 is worth getting repaired if you find an honest place to do it reasonably. It has 5.1 direct inputs on it that only come with very expensive receivers now.
Best of luck.

Here is an owners manual if you can't find yours. http://www.harmankardon.com/EN-US/Pr...px?PID=AVR+125
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page