Sunfire TGA 7401 amp. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-28-2012, 02:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought the new Sunfire tga 7401 a few days ago. I use my Onkyo TX-NR 3007 as a preamp that connected to this sunfire 7401 via RCA. However, the Automatic Turn-On position doesn't get a signal or turn on the amp. I have to turn the switch to On position to get the signal get through to fire up the speakers.
I did the same wired to my old Sunfire cinema grand, and it is work fine. It is automatic turn on/ off when it get a signal from the onkyo.
So, I wonder it is normal to a new Tga 7401, or there is something wrong to the Automatic Turn-On control ?
Thanks for some advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2012, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Are you sure it is supposed to sense the audio signal to turn it on, or does it need a 12v control pulse to turn it on? Read the manual closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanhnguyen11 View Post

I just bought the new Sunfire tga 7401 a few days ago. I use my Onkyo TX-NR 3007 as a preamp that connected to this sunfire 7401 via RCA. However, the Automatic Turn-On position doesn't get a signal or turn on the amp. I have to turn the switch to On position to get the signal get through to fire up the speakers.
I did the same wired to my old Sunfire cinema grand, and it is work fine. It is automatic turn on/ off when it get a signal from the onkyo.
So, I wonder it is normal to a new Tga 7401, or there is something wrong to the Automatic Turn-On control ?
Thanks for some advice.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I'm not sure how sensitive the auto on input is on the Sunfire amplifier. If you have the volume down really low on the 3007 the auto on feature may not work until the volume is at a moderate volume. If you turn the volume up on the 3007 and still can't get the amplifier to turn on by itself the Sunfire could have a problem. Using a 12V trigger is pretty much out of the question having an Onkyo. It's a ridiculous design flaw to not have a 12V trigger on zone1, but to have them on zone2 and zone3. There are ways to use a 12v trigger with a smart power strip if you decide to go that way.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 64
I would talk to your dealer about it. My 5401's auto on works fine.

Good luck, its a great amp.

Speakers: Martin Logan Montis, EM C2, Dual Depth I Subs, JBL S38 surround (upgrading soon) | Processor: Yamaha CX-A5000 | Amp: Sunfire TGA-5400 | Sources: DirecTV HR34, HTPC, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-103, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Wii U | Television: Panasonic 65VT50 | Remote: Logitech Harmony Ultimate
Old 05-29-2012, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The Onkyo 3007 did not has 12 volt trigger output for main zone .
The Automatic Turn-On position of the amp doesn't get the signal despite I turned the volume to max. I just bought it new on Audiogon.