Onkyo TX-NR818 "official" owner's thread discussion - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 9932 Old 05-31-2012, 10:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
FilmMixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Los Angeles Area, CA. USA
Posts: 6,759
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Liked: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post


To bad, I was hoping onkyo would fix this by now..
I know the 5.1 to 2.0 to 5.1 clicking is not a problem or bug, just annoying at times....

To clarify the behavior for those unfamiliar..

It's not the codec change.. It's the output config..

And not unique to Onkyo at all.

For example... If you are listening to 5.1 broadcast and switch to a 2 channel broadcast...

If you have 2 channels listening mode set to stereo, it will click as it switches over to 2.1..

If you have the 2.0 preset set to DPLIIx, no click as it stays in 5.1....

This is a wholly different issue the AVR's x008 vintage and earlier exhibit..

They would click on any change, including a ff or rewind on DVRs, switch chapter, pause, etc.... And you would also get small drop outs..

That is most certainly fixed.
Oldemar likes this.
FilmMixer is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 06:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
dstew100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 938
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I'm considering this AVR and saw that it only has zone 2/3 12v triggers as mentioned recently ITT. I will not be using zone2/3 so will I be able to use one of those to trigger my main system's amp on/off?

Also, as far as I can tell, this is the least expensive XT32 capable AVR, is that true? The Denon 4311 isn't much more but that's the other AVR I've had my eye on.
dstew100 is offline  
post #63 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 07:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bill Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11,477
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstew100 View Post

I'm considering this AVR and saw that it only has zone 2/3 12v triggers as mentioned recently ITT. I will not be using zone2/3 so will I be able to use one of those to trigger my main system's amp on/off?

Also, as far as I can tell, this is the least expensive XT32 capable AVR, is that true? The Denon 4311 isn't much more but that's the other AVR I've had my eye on.

You can use the 2/3 12v triggers but you have to turn on Zone 2/3 for the trigger to be active. If you have a universal remote such as the Harmony you can program it to power up Zone 2/3 to activate the 12v trigger to turn on an external amp. But as far as when you turn on the Main zone of the 818 or any other Onkyo AVRs the 12v trigger is not active. Unless the new Onkyos have a provision in the menu to change this. To me the 12v trigger setup with Onkyo AVRs is a very poor design IMO.

As far as I know the 818 is the lowest cost AVR with XT32. If you wait awhile the prices of the 818 will most likely drop making it even more affordable.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

 

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Bill Mac is offline  
post #64 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
rworne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 841
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

You can use the 2/3 12v triggers but you have to turn on Zone 2/3 for the trigger to be active. If you have a universal remote such as the Harmony you can program it to power up Zone 2/3 to activate the 12v trigger to turn on an external amp. But as far as when you turn on the Main zone of the 818 or any other Onkyo AVRs the 12v trigger is not active. Unless the new Onkyos have a provision in the menu to change this. To me the 12v trigger setup with Onkyo AVRs is a very poor design IMO.

As far as I know the 818 is the lowest cost AVR with XT32. If you wait awhile the prices of the 818 will most likely drop making it even more affordable.

Bill

Well, the network protocol has a setting to specifically turn on/off the triggers, depending on how the triggers are set int he receiver's settings:

"TGA/TGB/TGC are available,when each 12V Trigger parameter is all "OFF" at Setup Menu."

I should know more about this tonight, my 818 arrives today.
rworne is online now  
post #65 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
dstew100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 938
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

You can use the 2/3 12v triggers but you have to turn on Zone 2/3 for the trigger to be active. If you have a universal remote such as the Harmony you can program it to power up Zone 2/3 to activate the 12v trigger to turn on an external amp. But as far as when you turn on the Main zone of the 818 or any other Onkyo AVRs the 12v trigger is not active. Unless the new Onkyos have a provision in the menu to change this. To me the 12v trigger setup with Onkyo AVRs is a very poor design IMO.

As far as I know the 818 is the lowest cost AVR with XT32. If you wait awhile the prices of the 818 will most likely drop making it even more affordable.

Bill

Thanks for the info, yeah what a strange easily resolvable shortcoming. The 4311 triggers are assignable. If I understand correctly it sounds like it'll take an extra button press or three but would work and that wouldn't really bother me. And potentially I could hack it up to make it work anyway.

My ancient Marantz SR8000 is running great in 5.1 so I'm not really in a hurry. I'm thinking the SubEQ on the 4311 is prolly worth the price difference, I have a second sub on the way. It does sorta concern me that the 4311 is almost a 2 year old release, but it's basically got everything of this receiver plus a couple extras that are useful for my situation. Let's see how well I can get these subs EQ'd with a minidsp, REW, 1 LFE out and no room correction. I wonder how long till the 818 drops to 900-1000.
dstew100 is offline  
post #66 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
dstew100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 938
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by rworne View Post

Well, the network protocol has a setting to specifically turn on/off the triggers, depending on how the triggers are set int he receiver's settings:

"TGA/TGB/TGC are available,when each 12V Trigger parameter is all "OFF" at Setup Menu."

I should know more about this tonight, my 818 arrives today.

Interesting, I read somewhere earlier in the thread someone was looking at the network protocol, that was probably you. I write code and understand these sorta net protocol things so this may be something I'll look into. Are you looking at making an additional droid app or something off your computer? If it is in the network protocol maybe we could get this feature supported by the main droid app???
dstew100 is offline  
post #67 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 11:23 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
joerod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: MIDWEST (just outside Chicago)
Posts: 22,086
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by djPerfectTrip View Post

Soooooo, I'm to believe there were to be bikini pics posted? =^P

The 818 is still sitting at the top of my list but 2 things are holding me back from it, which may end up not being a big deal.

1. no 12v triggers for zone 1. Yes there is a workaround, but not a very easy one with my harmony remote that I have discovered yet. As in, I haven't found a way to program a zone 2 button into the remote. There has got to be a way, but I just haven't discovered it yet.

2. No subeqht (or whatever it's called). Again, might not be a big deal because I'm not sure when I'll be getting a second sub, but I want the option to be able to place the sub wherever I want and not have to worry about trying to set it up myself (if/when I get it). I'm more of a plug and play type of fellow and I do minimal tweaking, so I don't know if I would want to take the time to mess with trying to get a second sub to blend with the system myself since I won't be able to set it in an equidistant spot from the LP.

Somebody sell me on why I should ignore these 2 things. =^P

I just looked through the pics and there truly aren't many good ones. Next party I will be in charge of pics. I could post the one or two that are decent but most of the night shots just came out crappy!

As for the 818 I am hard at work today thru the weekend trying to get it done.

For my latest Reviews and stuff Search -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Follow me: @joerodhometheat
Check out these new Lighted Cup Holders:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1402680301175
joerod is offline  
post #68 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
rworne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 841
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
In a few hours I'll be unpacking the 818 and I'll be able to post power consumption numbers compared to the previous years' models.

I have an HT-RC180 (basically an 807), TX-NR708, TX-NR609, TX-NR818, a kill-watt, and a burning curiosity.
rworne is online now  
post #69 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
rworne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 841
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstew100 View Post


Interesting, I read somewhere earlier in the thread someone was looking at the network protocol, that was probably you. I write code and understand these sorta net protocol things so this may be something I'll look into. Are you looking at making an additional droid app or something off your computer? If it is in the network protocol maybe we could get this feature supported by the main droid app???

I already have an iOS app available for Onkyo's. It's been out for more than a year now,

I've complained bitterly about Onkyo and the way they tossed 3rd party developers under the bus once they decided to release their own app. Now it is mostly a game as they hide their new protocol sheets and I reverse-engineer changes to their protocol. Eventually, someone leaks the latest protocol spec to me and I get to see how well I did.

The latest sheet out on the net is 1.21, but the latest released spec is 1.23, which covers everything up to the 616.
rworne is online now  
post #70 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 982
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Onkyo 818 on sale for only $899.00

http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayItem.cfm/301262
joehonest is offline  
post #71 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 01:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bill Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11,477
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post

Onkyo 818 on sale for only $899.00

http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayItem.cfm/301262

The link says the deal is expired.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

 

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Bill Mac is offline  
post #72 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 982
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

The link says the deal is expired.

Bill

I should of posted this sooner...
You'll catch the next one...
joehonest is offline  
post #73 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 02:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bill Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11,477
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post

I should of posted this sooner...
You'll catch the next one...

Thanks but I'm good with the 4311. I wonder if anyone was able to take advantage of that deal? Was the deal through Vann's? Seems kind of strange to see the 818 priced so low seeing it was just released.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

 

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Bill Mac is offline  
post #74 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 982
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

Thanks but I'm good with the 4311. I wonder if anyone was able to take advantage of that deal? Was the deal through Vann's? Seems kind of strange to see the 818 priced so low seeing it was just released.

Bill

It's the economy, the 818 is just another big box taking up space in the warehouse..
joehonest is offline  
post #75 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 03:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bill Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11,477
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post

It's the economy, the 818 is just another big box taking up space in the warehouse..

I don't believe the price was for real unless someone posts that they actually bought the 818 from an authorized dealer for $899 shipped.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

 

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Bill Mac is offline  
post #76 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Senior Member
 
djPerfectTrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Clovis, NM
Posts: 484
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
How is the video chip in the 818 compared to the 4311?

Turn it up!
djPerfectTrip is offline  
post #77 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Vallhall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Norway
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by djPerfectTrip View Post

How is the video chip in the 818 compared to the 4311?

Much better
Vallhall is offline  
post #78 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Senior Member
 
abba1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

I don't believe the price was for real unless someone posts that they actually bought the 818 from an authorized dealer for $899 shipped.

Bill

I believe Vanns is an authorized dealer.
abba1 is offline  
post #79 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Senior Member
 
djPerfectTrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Clovis, NM
Posts: 484
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallhall View Post

Much better

What would the benefit of it be exactly? Isn't the only purpose of the video chip for up-converting?

Turn it up!
djPerfectTrip is offline  
post #80 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
FilmMixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Los Angeles Area, CA. USA
Posts: 6,759
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Liked: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by djPerfectTrip View Post

What would the benefit of it be exactly? Isn't the only purpose of the video chip for up-converting?

There are two solutions.. on for up conversion, one for processing of native HD signals (I'm not sure which one does the 4k...)

For SD material up conversion , I think it's close to the 4311..

For HD, I see some improvement with NR on 1080i Directv material..
FilmMixer is online now  
post #81 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 982
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by abba1 View Post

I believe Vanns is an authorized dealer.

Yes, Vanns is a authorized onkyo dealer.

There deals go fast, cause there so good..
I bet newegg won't be under sold..
Newegg blew the new onkyo 809 out the door one weekend for $619 !!
joehonest is offline  
post #82 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Vallhall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Norway
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post

There are two solutions.. on for up conversion, one for processing of native HD signals (I'm not sure which one does the 4k...)

For SD material up conversion , I think it's close to the 4311..

For HD, I see some improvement with NR on 1080i Directv material..

That said, who should use the video funtion on the receiver?.

I have a Pioneer KRP 500M, and tryed both the Pioneer LX85/SC57), and the Onkyo 1009, and have not seen any improvment in the video apartment
PawPah likes this.
Vallhall is offline  
post #83 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 04:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bill Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11,477
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by abba1 View Post

I believe Vanns is an authorized dealer.

Vanns is an authorized Onkyo dealer. I called Vanns to see if they would still honor the price from the Tech Bargains link posted earlier. The sales rep (Josh) said they did not sell any at that price but would sell it for $50 more. I did not ask if that was with shipping included. That is a great price and lower than I would have thought with the 818 just being released.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

 

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Bill Mac is offline  
post #84 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
rworne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 841
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I have to say from the start, Onkyo did a hell of a job cutting down the standby power on this device. All measurements were made in watts using a standard Kill-a-Watt device after doing a factory reset on all these devices.

Out of box (Net Off, HDMI RIHD Off):
TX-NR818 Standby 0.0 W
TX-NR818 On 80.0 W (idle, on BD input, nothing playing)
TX-NR609 Standby 0.0 W
TX-NR609 On 112.0 W (idle, on BD input, nothing playing)
HT-RC180 Standby 0.0 W
HT-RC180 On 100.0 W (idle, on BD input, nothing playing) This is basically the same as a TX-NR807

Network Control Enabled:
TX-NR818 Standby 2.2 W
TX-NR609 Standby 29.1 W
HT-RC180 Standby 49.7 W

HDMI RIHD On (enable ARC and pass-thru)
TX-NR818 Standby 7.2 W
TX-NR609 Standby 29.3 W
HT-RC180 Standby 49.9 W

Net and HDMI enabled:
TX-NR818 Standby 8.4 W
TX-NR609 Standby 29.5 W
HT-RC180 Standby 50.1 W
rworne is online now  
post #85 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mpalmieri1203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pleasant Valley, NY
Posts: 2,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I'd bite immediately at $900. Very excite to hear more about this. Im looking to replace my 805 which is awesome, but want the new features.

mpalmieri1203 is online now  
post #86 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Member
 
ccfunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
While listening to 5.1 broadcast and switching to a 2 channel broadcast (still a HD channel but only in 2 channel stereo) I got audio dropped outs, while watching this HD channel ex. Palladia music channel on this particular rare 2 channel broadcast.
This happened to me while owning the 809. Wondering if 818 which have the same issue?

ccfunk is offline  
post #87 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Member
 
ccfunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I noticed to many of you have experienced many receivers within a few years.
In the last 20 years I have only purchased 2. Sherwood and B&K AVR 307 (current one in use). Just curious, what do you guys do with your old units when you upgrade?

I'm primarily a 2 channel CD listener with Video being maybe 40%. Is the 818 good for this purchase? I noticed the 809 pretty good in this aspect but a little behind the B&K AVR

CC

ccfunk is offline  
post #88 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Member
 
MrJai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Put them up for sale on ebay, AVS classifieds, etc

MrJai is offline  
post #89 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Member
 
lionorion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post


I just looked through the pics and there truly aren't many good ones. Next party I will be in charge of pics. I could post the one or two that are decent but most of the night shots just came out crappy!

As for the 818 I am hard at work today thru the weekend trying to get it done.

Well...it's no wonder! The pre-party pic in the kitchen(with the booze) would indicate any avid photographers night shots might turn out crummy if they'd been having fun before hand!
lionorion is offline  
post #90 of 9932 Old 06-01-2012, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
jmpage2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 10,053
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Outstanding, thanks for this information... this is a huge improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rworne View Post

I have to say from the start, Onkyo did a hell of a job cutting down the standby power on this device. All measurements were made in watts using a standard Kill-a-Watt device after doing a factory reset on all these devices.

Out of box (Net Off, HDMI RIHD Off):
TX-NR818 Standby 0.0 W
TX-NR818 On 80.0 W (idle, on BD input, nothing playing)
TX-NR609 Standby 0.0 W
TX-NR609 On 112.0 W (idle, on BD input, nothing playing)
HT-RC180 Standby 0.0 W
HT-RC180 On 100.0 W (idle, on BD input, nothing playing) This is basically the same as a TX-NR807

Network Control Enabled:
TX-NR818 Standby 2.2 W
TX-NR609 Standby 29.1 W
HT-RC180 Standby 49.7 W

HDMI RIHD On (enable ARC and pass-thru)
TX-NR818 Standby 7.2 W
TX-NR609 Standby 29.3 W
HT-RC180 Standby 49.9 W

Net and HDMI enabled:
TX-NR818 Standby 8.4 W
TX-NR609 Standby 29.5 W
HT-RC180 Standby 50.1 W

jmpage2 is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr818 , Receivers Amplifiers , Onkyo , Audyssey
Gear in this thread - Nr818 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off