Onkyo TX-NR818 "official" owner's thread discussion - Page 326 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #9751 of 10066 Old 06-17-2014, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My reply was in context to 4K capable tv's. If Onkyo was intending to mean non 4K panels, then they should have stated it that way. To me, the meaning was for 4K panels as I felt it was understood that non 4K panels are not capable of a 4K picture or signal utilization. Maybe my bad.
I sure hope the NR818 will support my Sharp LC-70SQ15U 4K capable panel. I am anxiously awaiting a response from my service center on this issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9752 of 10066 Old 06-17-2014, 04:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatoboy View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by Chatoboy 

Hi All, I purchased an 818 last October and use my receiver with an Ipod to listen to music almost daily. While using the front USB port to hook up my Ipod every now and then I get what sounds like a skip or pop while playing music. Sometimes it happens 2-3 times in a song and other times not at all. At first I thought it was the Ipod, but I've tried 3 different Apple devices(Ipod nano, touch and Ipad) and the problem is the same although these devices work perfectly by themselves. I tried doing the factory reset and making sure the latest firmware was installed via USB with no help. So I searched this forum and the net, but could only find one other person with this issue. This problem only happens in USB mode all other modes are fine. After contacting Onkyo, they said bring it in to my local service center. I dropped it off yesterday and and although he had heard of the HDMI board issue, he had not heard of this. I asked for a time frame of how long it would take, he said 4 weeks! I thought he was joking. My question is have more people experienced this problem, but just don't feel bothered enough to fix it or am I just one of the lucky few? Also doesn't 4 weeks sound like an awful lot of time?

Just an update to my 2 month dilemma with this continual problem. Brought it in for service and they replaced the HDMI board, got it back home and the problem persists. Brought it back today and no one knows what to do. Everyone thinks it's a handshake issue. I have only read 1 other post about someone with this problem, but there must be many more that just aren't bothered enough to do anything. Now waiting on Onkyo to decide what to do. Please post if you have had any problems with your 818 while using the front USB and an Ipod. Thanks.
I just use my front USB for charging.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000 Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Onkyo 818 receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 mono blocks, 9.1-set-up, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Infinity ( soon to be replaces by B&W ) bookshelf Height Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, PSA XS30se sub, Richard Grey, Monster Power, and Panamax powerline conditioning/surge protection.
post #9753 of 10066 Old 06-17-2014, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargervais View Post
OK I got my iPod out connected it with FRONT USB listening mode direct I'm happy to report no skips no pops listen to the Beatles across the universe, all was fine Jimmy Hendrix all along the watchtower all good, Angel Dave Matthews beautiful, as tears go by the stones nothing yet still playing very good, who do you love quicksilver messenger service thought I heard something but it was the source. I'm sorry didn't hear it on mine thank goodness sorry. I just noticed that I was listening in movie mode changed to music mode sound better.
OK I just heard something where the streets have no name I heard a little pop a skip started it over seems to do it again, not sure what that is it almost seems the onkyo and Apple are not playing nicely not trying to be a conspirator hear but I do agree software issue is my guess.

Thanks for trying your Ipod with the 818. I noticed mine would skip more when I powered on the receiver under a different input (like cbl/sat) and then switched to USB after a few minutes, found the artist/song I wanted and played the music. Almost within a minute I would hear an audible "pop" once or twice in a song. Hopefully they can do something with mine or replace it with a TX-NR929 if it plays nice with Apple products. It is so convenient for me to plug my Ipod touch to the front USB and control the receiver wirelessly through my router with my Ipad and the Oremote app. I know what your thinking, maybe it's the wireless part, but it has these same issues no matter if I'm using the Onkyo remote, going through my router, or just navigating on the receiver itself. For those of you wondering the rear USB doesn't work with Apple device's as stated in the owner manual. One of the reasons I bought this receiver was because it was suppose to be Apple compatible, the other for XT32. I have a TX-NR708 and that works fine with my Ipod, so maybe I just have a lemon? I'll let you know what Onkyo does here hopefully in the near future. Cheers!

Last edited by Chatoboy; 06-17-2014 at 04:22 PM.
post #9754 of 10066 Old 06-17-2014, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Thanks for trying your Ipod with the 818. I noticed mine would skip more when I powered on the receiver under a different input (like cbl/sat) and then switched to USB after a few minutes, found the artist/song I wanted and played the music. Almost within a minute I would hear an audible "pop" once or twice in a song. Hopefully they can do something with mine or replace it with a TX-NR929 if it plays nice with Apple products. It is so convenient for me to plug my Ipod touch to the front USB and control the receiver wirelessly through my router with my Ipad and the Oremote app. I know what your thinking, maybe it's the wireless part, but it has these same issues no matter if I'm using the Onkyo remote, going through my router, or just navigating on the receiver itself. For those of you wondering the rear USB doesn't work with Apple device's as stated in the owner manual. One of the reasons I bought this receiver was because it was suppose to be Apple compatible, the other for XT32. I have a TX-NR708 and that works fine with my Ipod, so maybe I just have a lemon? I'll let you know what Onkyo does here hopefully in the near future. Cheers!
Your welcome at first things sounded OK then I noticed what your talking about pops skips and plus it doesn't sound good.
I plugged it into the AUX from the headphone jack on my iPod. Through the AUX it sounded perfect. Sorry I didn't check it with my iPod when you first asked I was too lazy to get off my rear and get my iPod from my car. Mind you my iPod works perfect via USB in my Nissan, so that tells me the USB on this 818 has ISSUES.

My main setup
PN60E8000 / Directv genie / Panasonic 3D blu-ray Onkyo TX-NR 1030 7.2.4 /Onkyo M-5010 Amplifier for top rear. Bic Acoustech speakers, Bic F12 subs
MY 10' X 15' DEN
PN51F5500 / Directv Genie / Panasonic 3D blu-ray / Onkyo TX-NR 737 5.2.2 Atmos top front Ceiling Speakers

Last edited by bargervais; 06-17-2014 at 06:01 PM.
post #9755 of 10066 Old 06-17-2014, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Your welcome at first things sounded OK then I noticed what your talking about pops skips and plus it doesn't sound good.
I plugged it into the AUX from the headphone jack on my iPod. Through the AUX it sounded perfect. Sorry I didn't check it with my iPod when you first asked I was too lazy to get off my rear and get my iPod from my car. Mind you my iPod works perfect via USB in my Nissan, so that tells me the USB on this 818 has ISSUES.
If enough of us complained Onkyo might be inclined to get to the bottom of it and issue a firmware update or something, but this model is already 2 years old and most may not use it with an Ipod, so they don't encounter these issues. Great receiver otherwise.....
post #9756 of 10066 Old 06-17-2014, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
If enough of us complained Onkyo might be inclined to get to the bottom of it and issue a firmware update or something, but this model is already 2 years old and most may not use it with an Ipod, so they don't encounter these issues. Great receiver otherwise.....
I think you are absolutely correct I never used this receiver for anything but watch directv and blu rays I have an old yamaha in the garage hooked up to outside speakers that I use while I'm in the pool or cooking outside. My Tx-NR818 is in the living room and is just for watching TV.

My main setup
PN60E8000 / Directv genie / Panasonic 3D blu-ray Onkyo TX-NR 1030 7.2.4 /Onkyo M-5010 Amplifier for top rear. Bic Acoustech speakers, Bic F12 subs
MY 10' X 15' DEN
PN51F5500 / Directv Genie / Panasonic 3D blu-ray / Onkyo TX-NR 737 5.2.2 Atmos top front Ceiling Speakers
post #9757 of 10066 Old 06-20-2014, 05:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Onkyo - Read before buying overseas

I have shared my experience and learning from purchasing overseas (I am in Australia), as well as dealing with Onkyo and their distributors/support network their and globally for a HDMI board issue, which can be found in the Australian Whirlpool forum if you are interested
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum....cfm?t=2276483

Last edited by Mickp10; 06-20-2014 at 08:45 PM.
post #9758 of 10066 Old 06-20-2014, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just figured out how to make good use out of the reomte's "my activities" macros feature. Wanted to share as others who are running a 9.1 setup and also want to have Zone 2 or 3 may find this useful. As you probably know by know you can't turn on the Powered Zone 2 option, if you have the pre-out to external amplifier option set to anything other than "none". This means that if you have a powered zone 2 speakers connected to the "front wide/zone 2" speaker terminals that everytime you want to enable zone 2 you have to go into the speaker configuration menu and manually switch these settings around and it is quite a cumbersome process. Well using the my activities button you can program a macro to go in and enable powered zone 2, then turn on the powered zone 2, and then to select which source you want to listen to all with a single button press. Then just create another macro to go back in and reset the speaker settings to re-enable pre-out to external amplifier and disable zone 2, and turn zone 2 off once your finished.

Now your macro is going to be context sensitive in the sense that whenever you open the set-up menu the cursor stays on the last menu opened. So its best to program the macro to turn zone 2 on from the power on state. Meaning the cursor is on the far left icon in the first menu, and on the top icon in each succeeding menu. And then when you create the next macro for disabling the zone 2, and to re-enable exteranl amplifier pre-out, do it from where the last macro left off. (the first button presses in the macro should be home, enter, enter, enter....)

For example here is my macro for enabling powered Zone 2, and for going ahead and turning zone 2 on, and setting it to the Net source.:

Home, left, left, enter, down, enter, enter, down, down, right, return, return, return, return, zone 2, power, net, receiver

Then to turn zone 2 off and re-enable pre-out to external amplifier for front wide speakers:

Home, enter, enter, enter, down, down, right, down, right, right, right, return, return, return, return, zone 2, power, receiver

I suggest letting your external amplifier handle the front wide channels as this will free up the zone 2 terminals, and you cant enable powered zone 3 unless you have powered zone 2 enabled.
post #9759 of 10066 Old 06-20-2014, 08:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickp10 View Post
I have shared my experience and learning from purchasing overseas (I am in Australia), as well as dealing with Onkyo and their distributors/support network their and globally for a HDMI board issue, which can be found in the Australian Whirlpool forum if you are interested
http://forums.whirlp...83&p=-1

not working...
post #9760 of 10066 Old 06-20-2014, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NODES View Post
not working...
Sorry - updated link http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum....cfm?t=2276483
post #9761 of 10066 Old 06-20-2014, 08:50 PM

Re-EQ

Does anyone know how to enable the RE-EQ feature. The owners manual lists this as a selectable option, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Edit: Okay I found it. It is in the quick menu under audio adjust it is at the very bottom and you can not see it till you scroll down.

New question though, in the setup menu you can enable both Dynamic EQ and THX Loudness plus at the same time. But the manual states this is not possible. If you switch to a THX listening mode the DynamicEQ light on the front of the receiver switches off, but if you go into the menu it will show up as On. I guess there is no light for THX loudness plus. So I guess what is going on is that when you switch to non-THX modes Dynamic EQ turns on and THC LP off, and then when you switch back to a THX mode DynamicEQ turn off and THX LP turns on. Can anyone confirm that is what is happening.

Last edited by ComponentActual; 06-20-2014 at 08:54 PM.
post #9762 of 10066 Old 06-23-2014, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Questions
1. When the receiver receives the signal from any component on HDMI, lets say Cable/DVR, does it "split" the Audio and Video signals and send only the Audio signal to the speakers and the video to the TV/Projector?

2. If it doesn't would it be possible to use an HDMI spliter cable and run one output to the TV/Projector and the other to an external 2 channel audio amp to harness the audio signal. If this is possible does anyone know where I can find a 2 channel amp with an HDMI input or even use and HDMI to RCA cable

3. If that can be done is there any way to designate/specify which channel to use I.E. lets say the surround backs?

I want to run some surround backs and cannot pull more wire.
I have also been looking at Amphony and rocket fish solutions yet trying to keep it as small as possible.

Thanks in advance for all your input/help
post #9763 of 10066 Old 06-23-2014, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post
After 2 years of trouble free use I've seem to have run into my first issue with the receiver. After extended periods of inactivity when I power it on I get no sound. All my sources are hdmi, so it seems like a handshake issue. I will power it off and back on again and everything is fine. I've factory reset and it seemed to have fixed it but I just turned it on today for the first time and same issue. The problem seems to only occur after long stretches of inactivity. I'm extremely frustrated right now cause dealing with onkyo customer service isn't even an option in my mind. Any thoughts?
So yeah about that HDMI board starting to fail...I never bothered getting it repaired. In fact the AVR seems to be fine now. I've been using it heavily for the past 2 months with no issues. The lack of sound on power up issue only seemed to be for that one week back in April. Knock on wood, hopefully it keeps working and wasn't the board failing. I've been using it more the past 2 months than I did the previous 2 years I've owned it. If it does end up failing, i'll probably just opt for a new AVR instead of repairs.
post #9764 of 10066 Old 06-24-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingmain View Post
Questions
1. When the receiver receives the signal from any component on HDMI, lets say Cable/DVR, does it "split" the Audio and Video signals and send only the Audio signal to the speakers and the video to the TV/Projector?

2. If it doesn't would it be possible to use an HDMI spliter cable and run one output to the TV/Projector and the other to an external 2 channel audio amp to harness the audio signal. If this is possible does anyone know where I can find a 2 channel amp with an HDMI input or even use and HDMI to RCA cable

3. If that can be done is there any way to designate/specify which channel to use I.E. lets say the surround backs?

I want to run some surround backs and cannot pull more wire.
I have also been looking at Amphony and rocket fish solutions yet trying to keep it as small as possible.

Thanks in advance for all your input/help
Sounds like what you want to do is use an external amp to power 2 surround back speakers. If that is the case you don't need an HDMI splitter. You can just connect RCA cables from the Surround Back pre-outs on the back of the receiver to your 2 channel amp.
post #9765 of 10066 Old 06-24-2014, 10:10 AM

When you enable Double Bass on this receiver, where does it set the crossover for the speakers that are set to full-band. I know that the full band speakers will receiver the full signal, what I am asking is how much of the lower end of that signal will be sent to the subwoofer also? On my old Denon you could set a speaker to Large and still set the crossover to the sub with double bass enabled, this one doesn't give you that option, so I am assuming it is sending everything below 80 or 120hz to the subwoofer as well. Does anyone know exactly?
post #9766 of 10066 Old 06-24-2014, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

i was thinking about selling my 818 to get a 929 but i see that onkyo is coming out with a new 1030 that looks interesting it will have HDMI 2.0 for 4K Video at 60 fps, and HDCP 2.2 Compatibility and Dolby Atmos not sure what room correction it will have hopefully at least X32
so i came to my senses and thought i will enjoy my 818 for a while as it's working beautifully 9.2 highs, wides, fronts, center, and surrounds the only thing i would want is to add backs. but i think i'll wait till the prices on the new TX-NR1030 receivers come down to earth.

My main setup
MY 10' X 15' DEN
post #9767 of 10066 Old 06-24-2014, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComponentActual View Post
Sounds like what you want to do is use an external amp to power 2 surround back speakers. If that is the case you don't need an HDMI splitter. You can just connect RCA cables from the Surround Back pre-outs on the back of the receiver to your 2 channel amp.
I am aware of this. My issue, as stated earlier, is I CanNot pull more wire.
post #9768 of 10066 Old 06-24-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingmain View Post
I am aware of this. My issue, as stated earlier, is I CanNot pull more wire.
-If you are looking to do a wireless rear speaker setup, the best way to do so would be to use one of the Rocketfish setups. These have a transmitter which hook up to the speaker terminals you wish to transmit, in your case your surround back speaker terminals. Then there is a receiver which will be plugged into a wall outlet. From that receiver you will have to run speaker wire to your two surround back speakers. So some speaker wire will still be required in this setup, but it wont have to run fro the front of the room to the back. If you want even less speaker wire and more hook options there are wireless speaker kits with separate receivers for each speaker, so each rear speaker will only need its own power outlet, but no speaker wire between them. Also unlike the rocketfish kit some of these kits accept line level RCA inputs so you could use the pre-outs on the back of your receiver freeing up two of the amps on your receiver to run different channels. Either way HDMI has nothing to do with it, so I am a little confused about what you are wanting to do with the HDMI splitter.
post #9769 of 10066 Old 06-24-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
i was thinking about selling my 818 to get a 929 but i see that onkyo is coming out with a new 1030 that looks interesting it will have HDMI 2.0 for 4K Video at 60 fps, and HDCP 2.2 Compatibility and Dolby Atmos not sure what room correction it will have hopefully at least X32
so i came to my senses and thought i will enjoy my 818 for a while as it's working beautifully 9.2 highs, wides, fronts, center, and surrounds the only thing i would want is to add backs. but i think i'll wait till the prices on the new TX-NR1030 receivers come down to earth.
The TX-NR1030 uses Accu-EQ for room correction which is a proprietary Onkyo technology and almost certainly a step down from Audyssey, especially Audyssey Mult EQ XT 32.
post #9770 of 10066 Old 06-24-2014, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComponentActual View Post
The TX-NR1030 uses Accu-EQ for room correction which is a proprietary Onkyo technology and almost certainly a step down from Audyssey, especially Audyssey Mult EQ XT 32.
That sucks have you used Accu-EQ I'm just liking audyssey X32 so did onkyo stop paying for the license or something or is this all for their bottom line?????? They seem to be charging the same retail price. So it looks like the consumer is losing out here unless that Accu-EQ is a step forward and if it's just as good as audyssey X32

My main setup
MY 10' X 15' DEN
post #9771 of 10066 Old 06-24-2014, 10:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
unless that Accu-EQ is a step forward and if it's just as good as audyssey X32

It is most definitely a step backward, not forward. It is no comparison to XT32. Go to Onkyo's site and read about it. First and foremost, it ignores your 2 main speakers, and it gets worse from there. There is a lot of discussion about it in the TX-NR838 official thread.
post #9772 of 10066 Old 06-24-2014, 11:03 PM

Yeah I really wish Onkyo would save on licensing costs somewhere else. Cut the THX certification possibly. As THX doesn't seem to add much value for the customer and is more of a marketing thing. Unfortunately more people have heard of THX than Audyssey so that is what 90% of people are going to be looking for on the side of the box. Hopefully if enough people let Onkyo know that good room correction is important they will reverse this decision and in 2015 we will see Audyssey again. But right now it looks like Audyssey has been scrapt from every Onkyo receiver for the 2014 line up. Don't know about Integra.

For me personally when I look to buy a receiver its between Denon and Onkyo, and Onkyo wins because it can check all the boxes a Denon can and then some at a lower price. Now there is going to be one really big empty box on the Onkyo side.
post #9773 of 10066 Old 06-25-2014, 10:20 PM

Liked: 14
Thumbs down No Audyssey XT32, no sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
It is most definitely a step backward, not forward. It is no comparison to XT32. Go to Onkyo's site and read about it. First and foremost, it ignores your 2 main speakers, and it gets worse from there.
Just learned about this. I love my 818 but it may be the last Onkyo product I buy. What were they thinking!
post #9774 of 10066 Old 06-26-2014, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sj7gt View Post
Just learned about this. I love my 818 but it may be the last Onkyo product I buy. What were they thinking!
it may not be the end of the world onkyo is not the only ones yamaha has YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer) and that wasn't the end but i do aggree that it sucks onkyo is dropping Audyssey i was very much interested in the new TX-NR1030 with its AccuEQ is a downer but i'm kind of excited that these new receivers will have Dolby Atmos.
but i'm going to stick with my 818 for a while as i have spent my share of money on External Amps, speakers and TV's and blu-ray players in the last year and a half that it has me spinning.
as far as the New receivers with AccuEQ instead of audyssey may not be all that bad but without audyssey. i would think that audyssey DSX will be missing as well which i use often, but i'm starting to like DTS Neo:X alot better. Now if they drop that as well for Dolby Atmos then i will be very upset, i really like Neo:X in 9.2 with highs and wides

My main setup
MY 10' X 15' DEN

Last edited by bargervais; 06-26-2014 at 11:23 AM.
post #9775 of 10066 Old 06-26-2014, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Did they drop Dynamic EQ as well?
post #9776 of 10066 Old 06-26-2014, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by fokakis1 View Post
Did they drop Dynamic EQ as well?

Dynamic EQ is an Audyssey feature, so it's gone.
post #9777 of 10066 Old 06-27-2014, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I've been having an issue the last week or so, where my 818 will sometimes not play sound out of the left front speaker. I checked all of the connections and things were fine there, so I went into the speaker settings and played the test tone by going into the check level settings. The test tone played fine, and sure enough when I exited the speaker settings screen the speaker was playing normal again. However, sometimes the receiver will come on in this state again where the left front speaker is not playing. Anyone have any ideas what is causing this and if it's something that I can resolve myself?

post #9778 of 10066 Old 06-27-2014, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have my 818 connected to a roku3

every once in awhile when I switch to the Roku I get very low audio volume. If I use the remote and cycle through any 'listening mode' the audio comes right back to full volume.

any idea's on a fix?
post #9779 of 10066 Old 06-27-2014, 06:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK in CT View Post
I've been having an issue the last week or so, where my 818 will sometimes not play sound out of the left front speaker. I checked all of the connections and things were fine there, so I went into the speaker settings and played the test tone by going into the check level settings. The test tone played fine, and sure enough when I exited the speaker settings screen the speaker was playing normal again. However, sometimes the receiver will come on in this state again where the left front speaker is not playing. Anyone have any ideas what is causing this and if it's something that I can resolve myself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL-F1 View Post
I have my 818 connected to a roku3

every once in awhile when I switch to the Roku I get very low audio volume. If I use the remote and cycle through any 'listening mode' the audio comes right back to full volume.

any idea's on a fix?
Factory reset.
post #9780 of 10066 Old 06-28-2014, 12:20 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey guys, this may have been answered elsewhere but I'd appreciate any insight as I'm a little confused.

Recently purchased the 818 and my goal is to pass through audio signals as they were intended (no stadium, unplugged, or hall type fx) with only the Audyssey Speaker Setup adjustments. Is this possible? Everything I've read, "direct" should be my choice however this does away with anything the 8 point calibration achieved, correct? So doing an 8 point and then putting it on "direct" is pointless? How do the majority of you have it setup?

Also, lets say I'm watching Titanic with the DTS-HD Master Soundtrack selected on the Blu-Ray, the receiver displays "DTS HD Master" in tiny red letters, but then on the remote when I push "movie/tv" it scrolls through Mono,THX Cinema, TV Logic, etc., including an option for "DTS HD MASTER". So now on the receiver's front display it shows "DTS HD MASTER" twice, once in tiny red letters and once in huge white letters under BD/DVD! Why is this? And which is correct?

Sorry if this is such a noob question.

-X
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr818 , Receivers Amplifiers , Onkyo , Audyssey
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page