post #9841 of 9845 Old 07-18-2014, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBEAR2004 View Post
I noticed the new offerings from Onkyo lack Audyssey and now use AccuEQ instead. Whats the difference between the two, or is it an Audyssey rebrand?

They explain it on Onkyo's site. It's not an Audyssey rebrand. It is a very crippled minimalistic version that only measures at 1 position and ignores your mains and subs. A MASSIVE step backwards from XT32.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9842 of 9845 Old 07-18-2014, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMyers View Post
Off topic: Is the "go the the latest post" working for anyone?

It just brings me to the last page... even though I click on the little arrow. Lower quality here than the Onkyo with the 24 Hz bug

It's working for me. It's about the only thing on the forum that works the way it's supposed to anymore......
post #9843 of 9845 Old 07-22-2014, 05:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi, all.... I'm having a problem with my 818 receiver's output. I had something similar happen with my 905b years ago, and don't remember what I did to fix it.

I have a 5.2 surround sound system consisting of Polk Mains and dual SVS subs. I love lots of bass, and the SVS's don't disappoint. The wife and kids went out of town, so I primed myself for a good movie, popped it in, and had *no* bass. None. I checked the level calibrations and founds that very little sound was emanating from my subs. I checked the wiring, and sure enough, one sub cable seemed to have a bad connection. As soon as I unplugged that one sub from my "Y" cable, the other sub sprang to life. Wanting to watch the movie, I decided I would limp along with the one sub and get a new cable today. I exited the level calibration setup and went back tot he movie. STILL no bass. I cycled through every single audio menu (for some reason it was set on "all channel stereo"), but nothing I did brought the sub online.

Any thoughts? Again--the one sub is working perfectly in the audio calibration menu, so why is no signal being sent to it during movie playback? Thanks for any assistance you can give me.
post #9844 of 9845 Old Yesterday, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBEAR2004 View Post
I noticed the new offerings from Onkyo lack Audyssey and now use AccuEQ instead. Whats the difference between the two, or is it an Audyssey rebrand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
They explain it on Onkyo's site. It's not an Audyssey rebrand. It is a very crippled minimalistic version that only measures at 1 position and ignores your mains and subs. A MASSIVE step backwards from XT32.

Further proof of what I said.

For those of you that don't realize that AccuEQ is junk compared to XT32, here is a comparison with graphs proving it: http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-101-1645.html

Credit to kbarnes for the link.
post #9845 of 9845 Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Further proof of what I said.

For those of you that don't realize that AccuEQ is junk compared to XT32, here is a comparison with graphs proving it: http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-101-1645.html

Credit to kbarnes for the link.
I was going to sell my nr818 for the nr838, but this move by Onkyo will force me to look elsewhere. I might even wait for the 2015 model. Will AccuEQ hinder sales for Onkyo? Only time will tell.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr818 , Receivers Amplifiers , Onkyo , Audyssey
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page