Forum Jump: 

post #9931 of 9932 Old 08-31-2014, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by investmentcar View Post

I have the 929 now. It is slightly improved over the 818, it can play the Net input across all zones in sync via Whole House Mode. However, Whole House Mode seems to disable the sub.

Good luck!
John

Yeah, I was eyeing the 929 for exactly that reason, if I couldn't get this 818 to work with the audio issues, but they fixed it so fast, I'll keep it for a while. I use a seperate amp, so I didn't really need the power section. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9932 of 9932 Old 08-31-2014, 08:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cissado View Post
Yeah, I was eyeing the 929 for exactly that reason, if I couldn't get this 818 to work with the audio issues, but they fixed it so fast, I'll keep it for a while. I use a seperate amp, so I didn't really need the power section. Thanks for the help!
For a while, I was using the Preouts plus a an old 4 channel amp as a faux zone. Built in amps power your main zone over digital input, then change a few settings (enable preouts, enable Height Channel or whatever speaker terminal, set to All Channel Stereo) to add 4 more speakers on the same zone. Maybe you could split the rca outputs to your amp to add another amp?

I recognize this sounds like it doesn't work for your setup for a few reasons (just like the roku 3 doesn't have analog outputs) - but, at least you have that as an option...
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr818 , Receivers Amplifiers , Onkyo , Audyssey
Gear in this thread - Nr818 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page