Onkyo TX-NR818 "official" owner's thread discussion - Page 343 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #10261 of 10262 Unread Yesterday, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtxgringo View Post
Indeed it does. When I set my A7s to Full Band, all the bass goes to their subwoofers.
Thank you for the response. Indeed you get sub bass from your mains when set to Full band, as you should. But can you confirm that you ALSO get the LFE (the .1 channel)? This is not the same as the sub bass/low frequecies from the main channels. This is why Onkyo has generously allowed us a separate LFE crossover in addition to the main crossovers.

A simple 5.1 Dolby test will confirm this with the subs set to none and the mains set to full band. I am out of state and cannot test this myself, so I thought I'd reach out to you guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10262 of 10262 Unread Today, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vescera View Post
I dont know why but today I try to update to new firmware 1141-3104-0201-0000 coming from 1100-7101-0100-0000
and end up with bricked receiver! I do everything by the book turn of HDMI Control extract all files direct from zip and on
VSP Setting I ger error 3-83. Done soft,hard reset bilion times and again 3-83 no sound no video. Does anybody have solution? Thanx

PS: I try to update old firmware but everything is stack with just 4 digits in FW update 1141-3
Service from Onkyo tell me today that I have to change hdmi board, 350euro. My receiver was full hardware working before firmware update. Is it posible that official firmware destroy hardware of my receiver? I am thinking for last try to donwgrade to last working firmware 1100-7101-0100-0000 is this posible and does someone have link for this firmware? Thanx
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr818 , Receivers Amplifiers , Onkyo , Audyssey
Gear in this thread - Nr818 by PriceGrabber.com