Onkyo TX-NR818 "official" owner's thread discussion - Page 352 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 69Likes

post #10531 of 10535 Old 04-28-2017, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtytooneratio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackmark View Post
Well the 818 is totally non responsive. No lights, no sounds, nada. Have unplugged and removed all wires and will try it in an hour but I'm guessing it's down for the count.

Like others, I think this is my last Onkyo.
How many years did you get out of your unit???Is it covered under Onkyo's extended warranty coverage?
It was covered once for the no audio issue but this is a different issue and from what I understand it wouldn't be covered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10532 of 10535 Old 04-28-2017, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
[QUOTE=blackjackmark;52591785]It was covered once for the no audio issue but this is a different issue and from what I understand it wouldn't be covered.[/QPush the issue with Onkyo.E-Mail Jack.Cooper@US.onkyo.com.,doesn't cost a penny to ask.They don't like dissatisfied customers.
post #10533 of 10535 Old 05-08-2017, 06:39 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Received mine 1/2014 and it worked fine until around a week ago when it started to show the classic no speaker matrix display, no sound and no net symptoms. Powered off/on a few times to correct then turned off auto-standby and just left it powered on 24/7...Didn't even waste time on a reset. I replaced it yesterday with a Yamaha 5.1 from the garage while waiting on return box and repair. Don't we just love it when a relatively cheap product proves to be more reliable than something costing more than twice as much.

post #10534 of 10535 Old 05-11-2017, 11:25 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey all,

I have a small problem with listening to something in stereo. Its typically Spotify or flac files. If I switch over to another 2-channel source, it’s still stereo even thou I have set the unit to PLII on that source. It also says PLII in the display - but its Stereo. Ether switching to actual stereo and back to PLII fixes it - or turning it off and on.

Seems like the receiver has a bug where switching from streaming music to a 2-channel PLII source – it can’t switch. Pretty big bug id say.

Any1 have this?
post #10535 of 10535 Old Today, 06:39 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameridian View Post
Received mine 1/2014 and it worked fine until around a week ago when it started to show the classic no speaker matrix display, no sound and no net symptoms. Powered off/on a few times to correct then turned off auto-standby and just left it powered on 24/7...Didn't even waste time on a reset. I replaced it yesterday with a Yamaha 5.1 from the garage while waiting on return box and repair. Don't we just love it when a relatively cheap product proves to be more reliable than something costing more than twice as much.

Got back the repaired unit yesterday. Can't fault Onkyo's repair service - prompt and efficient. Looks like they're replacing your HDMI board, having the bad "B" revision TI BGA dts chip, with a refurbished board having the newer "D" revision TI BGA dts chip. Your old board then enters the refurbish cycle for chip replacement.

Before:
http://www.pbase.com/eldata/image/165493857/original

After:
http://www.pbase.com/eldata/image/165493860/original
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr818 , Receivers Amplifiers , Onkyo , Audyssey
Gear in this thread