Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #811 of 815 Old 01-18-2015, 09:17 AM
T0S

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So the best I can tell there is no way to use an analog video out to a TV if one is using HDMI inputs. I just want to display the menu on an old CRT TV without having to turn on the projector which is the only HDMI output device. I see there is an analog composite video out but according to the table in the instructions, it won't display the menu.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 815 Old 01-18-2015, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 975 Post(s)
Liked: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0S View Post
So the best I can tell there is no way to use an analog video out to a TV if one is using HDMI inputs. I just want to display the menu on an old CRT TV without having to turn on the projector which is the only HDMI output device. I see there is an analog composite video out but according to the table in the instructions, it won't display the menu.
Unfortunately, that's just the way it is with modern A/V equipment. Analog support is being minimized or dropped in everything You need to consider getting a cheap flat-panel TV with HDMI inputs. Ideally it should be one with the same resolution as your projector, since the HDMI video output gets set to be compatible with the least-capable HDMI display device.

Selden

Marantz SR7009/7.1.4/FH+TM/DefTech PM1000/LCR+TM amped
post #813 of 815 Old 01-19-2015, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
So I did a Audyssey calibration with a boom mic stand and I am really happy with the results. Watched a few movies yesterday and I was real pleased with the sound. Still struggling with music though from my OPPO 95 Blu-ray. Any suggestions on settings for the 7701? Is there a way to get the settings for music to be separate from Movies?

RF-7 II, RC64 II, RS62 II
Klipsch R-115SW & Velodyne FSR-15 SW
McIntosh MC205 Amplifier (200W plus X5)
Marantz AV7701 HT Processor - Running as 5.1
Sony KDL-60NX810 TV
OPPO BDP-95 Blu-Ray
post #814 of 815 Old 01-19-2015, 08:12 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2608 Post(s)
Liked: 1895
^^
2 ways ....

(1) Component Video source - Video Source setting - p. 125 Owner's manual, with audio source playing select video source connected with component video cables
(2) HDMI video source - set INPUT MODE (p. 124) to either "Digital", "Analog", or "7.1CH IN" of audio source with same source name as is being used for the HDMI source

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Call me --> 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor and dealer for AVRs and Speakers 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for info on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #815 of 815 Old Today, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
2 ways ....

(1) Component Video source - Video Source setting - p. 125 Owner's manual, with audio source playing select video source connected with component video cables
(2) HDMI video source - set INPUT MODE (p. 124) to either "Digital", "Analog", or "7.1CH IN" of audio source with same source name as is being used for the HDMI source
I ran an optical connection from my OPPO Blu-ray to optical in for CD and configured it to digital. The good news is the settings for that CD source now are saved (Audyssey off) and when I switch the source to Blu-Ray for movies the Audyssey settings are on! Don't know if it is just me but CDs seem to sound better without Audyssey off running Dolby Pro Logic Surround Music. I miss the simple days of my late-50's era HH Scott 299A amp:

http://hhscott.com/_images/200%20-%2.../Scott_299.jpg

RF-7 II, RC64 II, RS62 II
Klipsch R-115SW & Velodyne FSR-15 SW
McIntosh MC205 Amplifier (200W plus X5)
Marantz AV7701 HT Processor - Running as 5.1
Sony KDL-60NX810 TV
OPPO BDP-95 Blu-Ray
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page