Marantz AV7701 Prepro Official Owner's thread - Page 29 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #841 of 850 Old Today, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Yes, this is unfortunately how it works on all 2012 and 2013 D&M models, while the new 2014 models now have a Channel Level Adjust setting which can be set without having to hear test tones. However, if the AV7701 is connected to your home's Wifi network, you can use the Web Control feature and manually adjust speaker volume by entering the AV7701's IP address into a web browser on a laptop/tablet without any having to display anything on the TV.
Second that... Didn't see your response so apologies for duplicating the thought here. Absolutely correct

AV7701
MM7055
B&W CM9 Fronts
B&W CM5 Rears
B&W CMC1 Center
Martin Logan BalancedForce 210 Sub

Oppo 103D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 850 Old Today, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks very much for the reply.

What are your feeling on overall reliability as it relates to the 7701? My processor would sit on a shelf in a cabinet where there is maybe 1.5" of clearance on top. I have removed the back entirely though to let the components breathe. While it gets pretty hot down here we've always got the A/C going so it's no more than 74 degrees inside. The comments on software locking up and the repairs inside 2 years make me a little unsure. Then again, you can find an Av7701 for less than $800 used so there's pretty good value there...
post #843 of 850 Old Today, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihmeyers View Post

What are your feeling on overall reliability as it relates to the 7701? My processor would sit on a shelf in a cabinet where there is maybe 1.5" of clearance on top. I have removed the back entirely though to let the components breathe. While it gets pretty hot down here we've always got the A/C going so it's no more than 74 degrees inside. The comments on software locking up and the repairs inside 2 years make me a little unsure. Then again, you can find an Av7701 for less than $800 used so there's pretty good value there...

So, as you know squeaky wheels get the grease...

I've had marantz running on my parents system and mine, theirs a bit longer than 10 years, mine for about 3. My friends have not had problems withing any 3 year window, and probably had more to do with them than the unit when they moved across the country.

Electronic components are all susceptible to similar circumstances (dust is a plague to any hp amp or circuit) and with that, I would not say marantz has any issues with longevity and the deals on a 7701 right now are great I'd get the same receiver again if I had a problem and would get another if needed to expand into another system.

Hope that helps (there are also good warranty shops across the country)

AV7701
MM7055
B&W CM9 Fronts
B&W CM5 Rears
B&W CMC1 Center

Oppo 103D

Last edited by DutchOven88; Today at 08:49 AM.
post #844 of 850 Old Today, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchOven88 View Post
So, as you know squeaky wheels get the grease...

I've had maranta running on my parents system and mine, there's a bit longer than 10 years, mine for about 3. My friends have not had problems withing any 3 year window, and probably had more to do with them than the u it when they moved across the country.

Electronic components are all susceptible to similar circumstances (dust is a plague to any hp amp or circuit) and with that, I would not say maranta has any issues with longevity and the deals on a 7701 right now are great I'd get the same receiver again if I had a problem and would get another if needed to expand into another system.

Hope that helps (there are also good warranty shops across the country)

Thanks very much for the feedback Dutch. I'll seriously consider getting one then. My Source One is very good but it's got no HDMI inputs and I stream most everything so I need that for my Roku.
post #845 of 850 Old Today, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Thanks very much for the feedback Dutch. I'll seriously consider getting one then. My Source One is very good but it's got no HDMI inputs and I stream most everything so I need that for my Roku.

You mentioned kids... The next step up is supposed to have a night time mode where it reduces the bass levels and tries to mimick the lost oomph with some lighter waves (decrease wall penetration) in the 8801 if you were interested.

AV7701
MM7055
B&W CM9 Fronts
B&W CM5 Rears
B&W CMC1 Center

Oppo 103D
post #846 of 850 Old Today, 08:42 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3059 Post(s)
Liked: 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchOven88 View Post
You mentioned kids... The next step up is supposed to have a night time mode where it reduces the bass levels and tries to mimick the lost oomph with some lighter waves (decrease wall penetration) in the 8801 if you were interested.
Audyssey Low Frequency Containment (LFC) in addition to being featured on the AV8801, is also featured on the newer SR7008, SR7009, AV7702, and AV8802.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	569833  

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVS - We sell Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
post #847 of 850 Old Today, 08:44 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3059 Post(s)
Liked: 2003
Quote:

You really should have at least 3-4" clearance on top; however, if not possible purchase 1-2 PC fans to exhaust the warm air away from the unit.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVS - We sell Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
post #848 of 850 Old Today, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Finally got a new router , which I needed badly, a Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 and I am having trouble accessing media on my computer. Any ideas? Didn't change anything in the computer setup, did optimize the router for download streaming, unplugged the 7701 and reset the network connection. Made sure that all sharing was correct on the PC...

update: I can stream via windows media player to the 7701 but cannot access music via the 7701 media server.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty
post #849 of 850 Old Today, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Dutch - my Marantz AV550 ran for 16 years without a glitch until I replaced it last year. Even got $250 for it in trade when I bought my 7701.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...processor.html

I expect my 7701 to do the same.

btw, I am thinking of bi-wiring my front speakers - not using the XLR in or outputs - whats the best way to split the signal without an external crossover? There's gotta be a better way than just Y - RCA connectors?

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

Last edited by tedcousens; Today at 03:00 PM.
post #850 of 850 Old Today, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcousens View Post
Dutch - my Marantz AV550 ran for 16 years without a glitch until I replaced it last year. Even got $250 for it in trade when I bought my 7701.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...processor.html

I expect my 7701 to do the same.

btw, I am thinking of bi-wiring my front speakers - not using the XLR in or outputs - whats the best way to split the signal without an external crossover? There's gotta be a better way than just Y - RCA connectors?

That's beautiful and do appreciate you sharing. Almost shocked the transistors on the volume dial worked that long

I use a nas personally so sorry but no experience with windows pcs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page