Marantz AV7701 Prepro Official Owner's thread - Page 36 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

post #1051 of 1056 Old 12-16-2016, 03:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I also got the update notice. FWIW, I had some issues getting the update to work. The first couple of times it failed to connect at the beginning of the update download process. Then I pulled the power cord and let it sit for a while. This got it to connect and I saw a screen saying the update was available and would take ~6min to update. When I would try to click on the Update button at the bottom of this GUI screen I would briefly see a popup that was about the GUI going away after the update, etc. Unfortunately this screen had NO highlighted by default and just kept going past almost instantly (as if it was seeing two button presses close together). I finally decided to do a factory reset (holding two buttons while pressing power, etc.) and it finally went all the way through the process the way it was supposed to. It now connects to Pandora, which was the main symptom leading to this firmware update issue for me. Happy to have it updated and working.

Win7Ult x64:P8Z77V Deluxe, 8GB DDR3, ATI 6670, i5-3570k, 3 Ceton InfiniTV4 PCIe, Hauppauge 2250, Fractal Arc Midi SSP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1052 of 1056 Old 01-07-2017, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Help With Bluetooth Connectivity.

I have an AV7701 and until now never had the need for Blurtooth connectivity. As a result, I never purchased the optional RX101 Bluetooth Adapter.

If I can find one, is the RX101 the only Bluetooth adapter that will work with the AV7701?

I ask because the RX101 connects to the AV7701 on the rear panel via the M-XPort connector (with its unique mini Din 9 pin). Or does that just give it additional capability?

I believe many Bluetooth adapters use RCA connectors.

Anyway, if you know please let me know.

Last edited by steviebstrummin; 01-07-2017 at 04:57 PM.
post #1053 of 1056 Old 01-10-2017, 11:31 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I've been trying and failing over time to get my AV7701 to connect to the internet, well after many trials and feeling defeated, I decided to try an old CAT5 cable that came for free with some device instead of my nice CAT6 cables. That did it, connected up immediately. How weird. A simple freebie yellow CAT5 cable connects, but a nice CAT6 doesn't, go figure.

Video: Benq HT2150ST Projector --> Silver Ticket 100" Fixed Screen
5.2 Audio: PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers/Horizon Center with RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM 200 SE (surrounds), Dual Rythmik F12 subs

Last edited by sludgeogre; 01-10-2017 at 11:39 PM.

post #1054 of 1056 Old 01-11-2017, 03:29 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12119 Post(s)
Liked: 5518
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebstrummin View Post
I have an AV7701 and until now never had the need for Blurtooth connectivity. As a result, I never purchased the optional RX101 Bluetooth Adapter.

If I can find one, is the RX101 the only Bluetooth adapter that will work with the AV7701?

I ask because the RX101 connects to the AV7701 on the rear panel via the M-XPort connector (with its unique mini Din 9 pin). Or does that just give it additional capability?

I believe many Bluetooth adapters use RCA connectors.

Anyway, if you know please let me know.
No, rather you can use a 3rd party adapter that uses RCA as well.
post #1055 of 1056 Old 01-13-2017, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
No, rather you can use a 3rd party adapter that uses RCA as well.
Thanks jdsmoothie
post #1056 of 1056 Old 01-13-2017, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Is anyone else here having problems with Netflix running Dolby Digital Plus? No matter what device I use, I'm getting scratching/popping noises that I can faintly hear, usually in the surround channels, sometimes in the L/R channels. It's very faint, but certainly there. Is this just my system being able to pick up the compression netflix is using? I was never able to detect this before I moved into a small, dedicated room, but I have no noticed it and it's bothering the hell out of me.

I have the latest firmware, just updated a couple days ago. Any tips to solve this would be great.

Video: Benq HT2150ST Projector --> Silver Ticket 100" Fixed Screen
5.2 Audio: PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers/Horizon Center with RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM 200 SE (surrounds), Dual Rythmik F12 subs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page