Denon AVR-888 audio issue... time to replace the reciever? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-06-2012, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
It's happened twice so far. The left front speaker in my 5.1 system suddenly goes quiet. All other speakers and sub continue to work fine, and so far the only fix has been to turn the receiver off and on, at which point the problem is gone. Is this a sign of age? Could it be the speaker? Using Polk RM6750's and have not had any issues with them ever.

Any info would be appreciated... thanks!

biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-06-2012, 08:00 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 2141 Post(s)
Liked: 1784
If power cycling the AVR resolves the issue, it's not likely speaker related but confirm speaker wire is secure just in case. Try resetting the microprocessor on the AVR and see if that resolves the issue permanently. Note however, it will return all settings to factory default by doing so.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 5 Old 06-07-2012, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice... it's only happened twice in about a month's time, so I'm not really sweating it much yet. Was thinking that at some point I'll probably switch it out for a new one, this one was a floor model bought during Circuit City's last gasps but it's lasted a good couple years. Been scouting for a potential replacement in my price point ( sub 500.00) but there don't seem to be many that have the outlets in the back like my AVR-888 does. Very handy for my bias lighting behind the display. Any replacement suggestions?
post #4 of 5 Old 06-07-2012, 08:34 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 2141 Post(s)
Liked: 1784
The newer Denon models have dropped quite a few legacy analog inputs as well as the switch outlets, although these can be very easily replicated with a smart power strip. Aside from that, the best deal in your budget range would be a Denon AVR-2112CI or possibly 2312CI (maybe a bit more for this one), both of which can be had under your budget if you "call" around to a few authorized resellers. Review the Purchasing section in the link below.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1334369/the-official-denon-avr-xx12-model-owners-thread/0_100#user_H

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #5 of 5 Old 06-07-2012, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

Excellent, will check your links. Thanks!

biggrin.gif
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page