The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1020, RX-A2020 and RX-A3020 Thread - Page 59 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1741 of 1743 Old 07-01-2014, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwhammie View Post
Did apple lossless ever get added with a firmware update? I just read when these units first came out they would compress apple lossless.

Also, I've had my 2020 for about a year and I just now realized my firmware (1.40) isn't up to date. I better get the thumb drive out tomorrow and do some work.
^

I assume you are referring to playing via Upnp pull or push. AFAIK it can play M4A tracks with an AAC payload but not M4A with an ALAC payload. So to get lossless playback of ALAC you need to set your media server to transcode it to L16.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1742 of 1743 Old Yesterday, 03:18 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question

Hi,

At the moment I`m using my RX-A2020 as a 5.1. and have bi-amped front speakers. I`m just about to update my movie screen to a lot bigger one and thinking of updating speaker system a little bit too. Adding FPL and FPR would sound an good idea but can I do it when using bi-amp for front speakers at the same time?

I think bi-amping brought some extra quality to front so I would like to keep it that way. There are still a few channels free but I guess they are for FBL and FBR and cannot be used as a FPL and FPR?

Anyway I could do this?

Thanks!
post #1743 of 1743 Old Yesterday, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It doesn't look like you can.... You could run an external amp for your fronts.

I finally got my RX-a2020 as a replacement for my dead RX-a2010. It only took a month, 6 phone calls, and a few emails.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha , Yamaha Rx A1020 7 2 Channel Network Aventage Av Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers , Yamaha Rx A2020 9 2 Channel Network Aventage Av Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page