The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1020, RX-A2020 and RX-A3020 Thread - Page 61 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1801 of 1813 Old 09-22-2014, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnelson Young View Post
I was referring to your statement that:

They (Yamaha?) do the minimum work every year to introduce new models, and only very, very rarely do a significant redesign. Your typical smartphone has way more processing power than the DSPs in todays AVRs, but to completely change architectures would mean a bigger hardware and software engineering effort than they seem prepared to undertake.

I think all the major brands have the same philosophy. Introducing a new model is an opportunity to reduce the cost of manufacture, even if there are virtually no new features some years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 1813 Old 09-28-2014, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am able to change the input in my receiver from V-Aux to Tuner but cannot find the YNC command or YNCA ircode to do so for CBL/SAT input. Can anyone help? Thanks.
post #1803 of 1813 Old 09-29-2014, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

^ Which input are you trying to select? CBL/SAT is not the name of an input on these models, they are called AV1, AV2 etc.

Edit: Which model do you have, as I see you also posted the question in the 1900/3900 thread (it's best to post in only one place).

Last edited by kriktsemaj99; 09-29-2014 at 06:15 AM.
post #1804 of 1813 Old 09-29-2014, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
^ Which input are you trying to select? CBL/SAT is not the name of an input, they are called AV1, AV2 etc.

Edit: Which model do you have, as I see you also posted the question in the 1900/3900 thread (it's best to post in only one place).
Sorry about the double post. I did a search and this thread came up. It was after I posted that I saw it was not my receiver model. I will therefore respond in the 1900/3900 thread.

Before responding, I will check AV1, AV2 etc.

Thanks.
post #1805 of 1813 Old 10-04-2014, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Audio Out Question

I'm trying to get a line output from my RX-A1020 to the line input of my computer's sound card so I can digitize some of my old records and tapes. I'm using the Zone Out jacks from the receiver and I've been able to get Zone 2 to light up on the front of the receiver so I think I'm turning it on, however, no signal is present on the Zone Out cable. I can also hear sound coming through my speakers. Is there a step I'm missing or should I be using a different output connection? Any advice would be welcome.
post #1806 of 1813 Old 10-04-2014, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0binhood View Post
I'm trying to get a line output from my RX-A1020 to the line input of my computer's sound card so I can digitize some of my old records and tapes. I'm using the Zone Out jacks from the receiver and I've been able to get Zone 2 to light up on the front of the receiver so I think I'm turning it on, however, no signal is present on the Zone Out cable. I can also hear sound coming through my speakers. Is there a step I'm missing or should I be using a different output connection? Any advice would be welcome.
Which Zone Out connecting are you using?

Does it say ZONE2?

---

Also, how do you know there is no signal?

It's possible the computer input is not configured correctly, i.e., a different input may be active, or the sensitivity/gain on the input may be too low. Worth triple checking, and testing with another source (like, play something from your phone headphone jack, into the computer, to make sure the computer is hearing THAT source okay, so you can rule out the computer....)

Build Thread: "Nathan's Theater in Search of....".
post #1807 of 1813 Old 10-04-2014, 01:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
Aside from the connections for zone 2, you also need to select the needed source for zone 2. Just because you hear it from the main zone doesn't mean its also selected for zone 2.
post #1808 of 1813 Old 10-04-2014, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What's the input source? If it's digital input you won't get anything on the analog outputs.
post #1809 of 1813 Old 10-04-2014, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Good points above.

And I assumed when you said you had sound from the speakers you meant Zone2 speakers!

Plug speakers into the zone2 speaker output to make testing easier.
post #1810 of 1813 Old 10-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 155
will the 2020 eq two subs separately or will it apply the same settings to both subs?
post #1811 of 1813 Old 10-04-2014, 11:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
quick question. what connection rate does the rx-a3020 connect to the network at? for some reason my network switch is auto sensing the avr at 10mbps(10mbps amber instead of 100 mbps green). Shouldn't it be connecting at 100mbps or is it normal for this unit to connect at 10? I know for a fact my yamaha rx-v867, which is an older unit , connects at 100.
post #1812 of 1813 Old 10-05-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
What's the input source? If it's digital input you won't get anything on the analog outputs.
I want to use my turntable as the input. This was what I first tried to record. However, as I see from rdgrimes comment I did not select an input device after I selected Zone 2 so maybe that was the problem. Yesterday, after I saw that post I did a quick test and selected my cable box as the input and it still did not work. As kriktsemaj99 points out I can't use a digital input then that might be why the test failed, since my cable box audio comes in on an optical cable. To respond to nathan_h I used the same set up with my old Sony receiver, which had a line out, and it worked fine. To test, I don't have any way to connect speakers since this is a line level output (isn't it?) but I have tried the finger test by touching the center pin of the RCA plug that plugs into each channel of the Zone Out connectors and I get a buzz when I touch them. I will try another test using an analog input source to see what happens and post again with my results. Thank you everyone for your assistance.
post #1813 of 1813 Old 10-05-2014, 04:49 PM

I think I've got it now! The trick appears to be that you need to select the Zone 2 input from the remote. I was turning the knob on the receiver, but that seems to only change the Zone 1 input, even when Zone 2 is activated. Thanks everyone!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha , Yamaha Rx A1020 7 2 Channel Network Aventage Av Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers , Yamaha Rx A2020 9 2 Channel Network Aventage Av Receiver
Gear in this thread - A1020 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page