The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1020, RX-A2020 and RX-A3020 Thread - Page 67 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

post #1981 of 2006 Old 01-01-2016, 12:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by azz7686 View Post
Well pushing in on the cone and it starts to create sound doesn't sound like an amp issue to me more towards speaker try swapping frt right with frt left on receiver and see if the right one still acts up if it switches to the left then it must be the amp.
Thanks for the reply and Happy New Year!

Does the same thing when swapping front right and left, no sound to the right channels until I up the power to about -15db.
azz7686 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1982 of 2006 Old 01-01-2016, 06:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1915 Post(s)
Liked: 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny hotsauce View Post
Thanks for the reply and Happy New Year!

Does the same thing when swapping front right and left, no sound to the right channels until I up the power to about -15db.
The same thing happened to my RX-V675 about a year ago. I have just been turning it up and back down when I turn it on since it happened. If I am listening at low volume (-60 or so) the speakers will quit working again.
Very curious as to what you find out.
post #1983 of 2006 Old 01-01-2016, 01:45 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
The same thing happened to my RX-V675 about a year ago. I have just been turning it up and back down when I turn it on since it happened. If I am listening at low volume (-60 or so) the speakers will quit working again.

Very curious as to what you find out.

I think it's the amp, I'll probably send it in to be looked at while it's still under warranty.

Since I can't find my receipt, I'll have to stop by a BB to see if they can pull one from Oct 2013.
post #1984 of 2006 Old 01-01-2016, 05:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny hotsauce View Post
I think it's the amp, I'll probably send it in to be looked at while it's still under warranty.

Since I can't find my receipt, I'll have to stop by a BB to see if they can pull one from Oct 2013.
Sounds like a wise decision. Please keep us informed.
post #1985 of 2006 Old 01-09-2016, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
RX-A3020 Hdmi input issues

Hello Everyone,
I recently purchased a refurbished RX-A3020 from Accessories4less and I'm having a weird problem. My main audio video source is a HTPC. I use Plex to manage and play my movie library and I game with it as well. I have the HTPC connected via HDMI to the AVR for sound and video and am experiencing the flowing problems. The sound would drop out intermittently while playing any games but not movies. The speaker indicator display would flicker and turn off when I loose sound. It would drop sound on all sound field settings. I suspected a setting on my pc but after a week of troubleshooting I could not find the problem. Movies played through plex still worked flawlessly. I then started eliminating variables. I replaced the HDMI cable and started checking AVR inputs. HDMI inputs AV1-3 give me the problems while gaming but inputs AV4-7 dont give me any issue at all. Is there something I am missing here? Is there a setting that would affect inputs AV1-3 but not AV4-7? I have looked and matched all the input settings that I can find but I still cant replicate the problem on AV4-7. It appears that there is some sort of problem with HDMI inputs 1-3.... Any thoughts?
Thanks for your help
Jason
post #1986 of 2006 Old 01-09-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.21Gigawatt View Post
Hello Everyone,
I recently purchased a refurbished RX-A3020 from Accessories4less and I'm having a weird problem. My main audio video source is a HTPC. I use Plex to manage and play my movie library and I game with it as well. I have the HTPC connected via HDMI to the AVR for sound and video and am experiencing the flowing problems. The sound would drop out intermittently while playing any games but not movies. The speaker indicator display would flicker and turn off when I loose sound. It would drop sound on all sound field settings. I suspected a setting on my pc but after a week of troubleshooting I could not find the problem. Movies played through plex still worked flawlessly. I then started eliminating variables. I replaced the HDMI cable and started checking AVR inputs. HDMI inputs AV1-3 give me the problems while gaming but inputs AV4-7 dont give me any issue at all. Is there something I am missing here? Is there a setting that would affect inputs AV1-3 but not AV4-7? I have looked and matched all the input settings that I can find but I still cant replicate the problem on AV4-7. It appears that there is some sort of problem with HDMI inputs 1-3.... Any thoughts?
Thanks for your help
Jason
Also to clarify, I have run this same HTPC setup on a Denon and Onkyo AVR with no problems at all.
post #1987 of 2006 Old 02-20-2016, 04:43 PM

Liked: 11
Default Input Source Issue (TV vs Cable)

Hi All

Experiencing an issue where the receiver auto-changes the input source from 'AV1' to 'Audio 2' a few seconds after the TV is turned on. I want to prevent this from automatically occurring. I want sound to come from my 'AV1' source (cable TV) rather than 'Audio 2'.

- My cable TV box connects directly to the receiver via HDMI.
- My TV connects directly to the receiver via HDMI with ARC on.
- 'Audio 2' does play sound if I am watching content direct from the TV (e.g free to air). But I rarely use this and do not want this audio setting to turn on by default.
- I have no cables connected to the Audio 2 connections at back of receiver.

Suggestions welcome.

PS: Hoping for a solution that keeps Arc ON.

Thanks!
post #1988 of 2006 Old 02-27-2016, 04:17 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone.

I wish to add a (dac) + headphone amp that will be attached to the A2020 to use my planars (the headphone output of A2020 is not enough).
The problem is that i can't find a way to connect rca preouts (in case of no dac) or digital outs with the main speakers turned off.Ofcourse i don't expect it to be automatic , but there is no visible option for turn off/mute speakers either.
Any way i can do this ? The menus of the yamaha's are a disaster !

Thanks in advance.
post #1989 of 2006 Old 02-28-2016, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Question

Hi all,

I have a RX-A2010

Is there a Firmware update that adds/improves Audio? Is this receiver able to support Dolby ATMOS or the latest DTS audio?

My Home Theater = Investment In My Entertainment!
post #1990 of 2006 Old 02-28-2016, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 55
1. Maybe
2. no

Spoiler!
post #1991 of 2006 Old 03-14-2016, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Greetings to all, I've joined the Yamaha Aventage Family with the RX-A3020. I'm loving this receiver - especially the price!!!!
red_5ive likes this.
post #1992 of 2006 Old 03-23-2016, 08:19 PM

Hello friends. I'm new here. greetings to all.

I have a 3020 Yamaha with firmware 1.60
I have seen that has left 1.91
I upgrade?
You could tell me what to get better? sound? benefits? 4k step?

thank you very much to all.
a greeting
post #1993 of 2006 Old 03-23-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersergios View Post
Hello friends. I'm new here. greetings to all.

I have a 3020 Yamaha with firmware 1.60
I have seen that has left 1.91
I upgrade?
You could tell me what to get better? sound? benefits? 4k step?

thank you very much to all.
a greeting
if I upgrade lose my configuration? Thanks
post #1994 of 2006 Old 04-12-2016, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've had my RX-A3020 for a while now.

I have an ongoing issue of sound drop for a second or so regardless of the source. It's happened using cable or Chromecast etc. I'm out of warranty. Frustrating because I can't find much information on sound drops. I've swapped out HDMI cables, upgraded to the latest firmware (July 2015 I think), yet still get the sound drops.

Any ideas?
post #1995 of 2006 Old 07-11-2016, 09:30 AM

Suddenly lost all sound

Audio from my A1020 suddenly stopped with a "pop" from my speakers. At the time it was playing music from Spotify via Airplay.

Switched to my computer "juke box" hooked up via optical. Nothing. Unplugged the optical cable from the computer and noticed it was "dead." (Too difficult to unplug from the receiver end).

Hooked up my laptop to to the front optical (cable was bright red as should be). Silence. A1020 display showing "Decoder Off" even though the cable clearly is good.

Tried all the above using headphones. Deadness. Also tried with Net Radio since that is "internal" to the receiver. Crickets.

Firmware is up to date. My next step is to do a factory reset. Before I do that though wanted to see if this sounded familiar to anyone else and if they had an easier solution.

Everything else on the unit seems to be working normally, it's just audio that doesn't work.
post #1996 of 2006 Old 07-13-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by specs68 View Post
Audio from my A1020 suddenly stopped with a "pop" from my speakers. At the time it was playing music from Spotify via Airplay.

Switched to my computer "juke box" hooked up via optical. Nothing. Unplugged the optical cable from the computer and noticed it was "dead." (Too difficult to unplug from the receiver end).

Hooked up my laptop to to the front optical (cable was bright red as should be). Silence. A1020 display showing "Decoder Off" even though the cable clearly is good.

Tried all the above using headphones. Deadness. Also tried with Net Radio since that is "internal" to the receiver. Crickets.

Firmware is up to date. My next step is to do a factory reset. Before I do that though wanted to see if this sounded familiar to anyone else and if they had an easier solution.

Everything else on the unit seems to be working normally, it's just audio that doesn't work.
UPDATE: Took it to the shop. Bad board. Out of warranty but fortunately still w/i the AMEX extended warranty period. $500, so would have been a throw-a-way otherwise.
post #1997 of 2006 Old 07-13-2016, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalManCPA View Post
I've had my RX-A3020 for a while now.

I have an ongoing issue of sound drop for a second or so regardless of the source. It's happened using cable or Chromecast etc. I'm out of warranty. Frustrating because I can't find much information on sound drops. I've swapped out HDMI cables, upgraded to the latest firmware (July 2015 I think), yet still get the sound drops.

Any ideas?
What is the music (or sound) Input source? Both cable and Chromecast can be a path from the Input to output.
post #1998 of 2006 Old 08-12-2016, 03:06 PM

Yamaha released Version 1.96 firmware update for the AVENTAGE RX-A1020, RX-A2020, and RX-A3030 receivers on 07/28/2016.

The only difference I have noticed so far is updated graphics on the Apple and Android apps.
post #1999 of 2006 Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Have some questions regarding the extra bass setting. I have all speakers set to small at 80Hz crossover

My main speakers are large 3 way with 12 in bass drivers and run off a XPA 2 running out of the Yamaha 3020.

When selecting the extra bass option do you need to set the mains to large?

Does the straight option run the main speakers as large with the subwoofer still rolling off at say 80hz

Thanks Tony
post #2000 of 2006 Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony ray View Post
Have some questions regarding the extra bass setting. I have all speakers set to small at 80Hz crossover

My main speakers are large 3 way with 12 in bass drivers and run off a XPA 2 running out of the Yamaha 3020.

When selecting the extra bass option do you need to set the mains to large?

Does the straight option run the main speakers as large with the subwoofer still rolling off at say 80hz

Thanks Tony
for extra base you would set the speakers to large. straight runs based off of your configured settings(it does not alter the input signal where other settings do.) same with pure direct.
Tony ray likes this.
post #2001 of 2006 Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 1
So is straight like Pure Direct with the subwoofer working?
Does straight bypass the eq like pure direct?

Thanks for replies

The manual doesn't seem to explain things very well.
post #2002 of 2006 Old Today, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony ray View Post
So is straight like Pure Direct with the subwoofer working?
Does straight bypass the eq like pure direct?

Thanks for replies

The manual doesn't seem to explain things very well.
straight uses all your eq settings. It just plays the source material with out changing it. other dSPs boost treble or bass to make the content sound different then what was on the disk.

pure direct still uses the eq settings it just turns all the other circuitry the avr is not using off.

if you don't want the unit to do any thing you go into settings and change it through.
Tony ray likes this.
post #2003 of 2006 Old Today, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I'm not sure on the Aventage, but on my v661 and my Dad's v673, the Pure direct bypasses any ADC and DAC conversions for analog material, and for digital material skips any DSP modes (just like straight), but also skips any of the room EQ or other EQ settings. So for a DD input, that path is DD Decoder -> DAC -> amp.

Here is a block diagram

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Tony ray likes this.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime

Last edited by oryan_dunn; Today at 06:51 AM.
post #2004 of 2006 Old Today, 02:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Pure Direct does not use eq settings.
post #2005 of 2006 Old Today, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Pure Direct does not use eq settings.
where does it say that in the manual?
post #2006 of 2006 Old Today, 08:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelFisch View Post
where does it say that in the manual?
Dont know that it does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha , Yamaha Rx A1020 7 2 Channel Network Aventage Av Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers , Yamaha Rx A2020 9 2 Channel Network Aventage Av Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page