The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1020, RX-A2020 and RX-A3020 Thread - Page 67 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 18Likes

post #1981 of 1986 Old 01-01-2016, 01:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by azz7686 View Post
Well pushing in on the cone and it starts to create sound doesn't sound like an amp issue to me more towards speaker try swapping frt right with frt left on receiver and see if the right one still acts up if it switches to the left then it must be the amp.
Thanks for the reply and Happy New Year!

Does the same thing when swapping front right and left, no sound to the right channels until I up the power to about -15db.
azz7686 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1982 of 1986 Old 01-01-2016, 07:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1280 Post(s)
Liked: 1336
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny hotsauce View Post
Thanks for the reply and Happy New Year!

Does the same thing when swapping front right and left, no sound to the right channels until I up the power to about -15db.
The same thing happened to my RX-V675 about a year ago. I have just been turning it up and back down when I turn it on since it happened. If I am listening at low volume (-60 or so) the speakers will quit working again.
Very curious as to what you find out.
post #1983 of 1986 Old 01-01-2016, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
The same thing happened to my RX-V675 about a year ago. I have just been turning it up and back down when I turn it on since it happened. If I am listening at low volume (-60 or so) the speakers will quit working again.

Very curious as to what you find out.

I think it's the amp, I'll probably send it in to be looked at while it's still under warranty.

Since I can't find my receipt, I'll have to stop by a BB to see if they can pull one from Oct 2013.
post #1984 of 1986 Old 01-01-2016, 06:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1280 Post(s)
Liked: 1336
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny hotsauce View Post
I think it's the amp, I'll probably send it in to be looked at while it's still under warranty.

Since I can't find my receipt, I'll have to stop by a BB to see if they can pull one from Oct 2013.
Sounds like a wise decision. Please keep us informed.
post #1985 of 1986 Old 01-09-2016, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
RX-A3020 Hdmi input issues

Hello Everyone,
I recently purchased a refurbished RX-A3020 from Accessories4less and I'm having a weird problem. My main audio video source is a HTPC. I use Plex to manage and play my movie library and I game with it as well. I have the HTPC connected via HDMI to the AVR for sound and video and am experiencing the flowing problems. The sound would drop out intermittently while playing any games but not movies. The speaker indicator display would flicker and turn off when I loose sound. It would drop sound on all sound field settings. I suspected a setting on my pc but after a week of troubleshooting I could not find the problem. Movies played through plex still worked flawlessly. I then started eliminating variables. I replaced the HDMI cable and started checking AVR inputs. HDMI inputs AV1-3 give me the problems while gaming but inputs AV4-7 dont give me any issue at all. Is there something I am missing here? Is there a setting that would affect inputs AV1-3 but not AV4-7? I have looked and matched all the input settings that I can find but I still cant replicate the problem on AV4-7. It appears that there is some sort of problem with HDMI inputs 1-3.... Any thoughts?
Thanks for your help
Jason
post #1986 of 1986 Old 01-09-2016, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.21Gigawatt View Post
Hello Everyone,
I recently purchased a refurbished RX-A3020 from Accessories4less and I'm having a weird problem. My main audio video source is a HTPC. I use Plex to manage and play my movie library and I game with it as well. I have the HTPC connected via HDMI to the AVR for sound and video and am experiencing the flowing problems. The sound would drop out intermittently while playing any games but not movies. The speaker indicator display would flicker and turn off when I loose sound. It would drop sound on all sound field settings. I suspected a setting on my pc but after a week of troubleshooting I could not find the problem. Movies played through plex still worked flawlessly. I then started eliminating variables. I replaced the HDMI cable and started checking AVR inputs. HDMI inputs AV1-3 give me the problems while gaming but inputs AV4-7 dont give me any issue at all. Is there something I am missing here? Is there a setting that would affect inputs AV1-3 but not AV4-7? I have looked and matched all the input settings that I can find but I still cant replicate the problem on AV4-7. It appears that there is some sort of problem with HDMI inputs 1-3.... Any thoughts?
Thanks for your help
Jason
Also to clarify, I have run this same HTPC setup on a Denon and Onkyo AVR with no problems at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha , Yamaha Rx A1020 7 2 Channel Network Aventage Av Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers , Yamaha Rx A2020 9 2 Channel Network Aventage Av Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page