The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1020, RX-A2020 and RX-A3020 Thread - Page 69 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 26Likes

post #2041 of 2048 Old 04-22-2017, 12:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Great! That's exactly what I needed, solved indeed. I appreciate it CJ, I definitely do owe you at least one. That is really helpful, thanks! You're a handy guy to have around... Randell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2042 of 2048 Old 04-22-2017, 06:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1191 Post(s)
Liked: 622
Send a message via Yahoo to ChromeJob Send a message via Skype™ to ChromeJob
,)

“Phil? Phil Connors?!”
Are ya new here? Please read FAQs and forum stickies. Like posts that help you. Don't ask a question and then disappear.
A: Yamaha RX-V775. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Samsung UN40ES6150, Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen.
post #2043 of 2048 Old 05-28-2017, 01:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Stream music S7 to Yamaha A3020

Hi Folks,

Until recently i was able to use the AV Controller APP for android and stream music direct from my Samsung S7 to my WiFi connected A3020 .. it was awesome.

NOW - I cannot and just get a notification on my phone "Unable to play" from the AV Controller APP (See image). It can still see all my locally stored music, scrolls through genre's etc fine, just cannot play. I have been unable to fix nor find much documentation about the APP that I could use to diagnose

Any help would be appreciated

Oh I've sent an email to the developer .. slim chance but you never know
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170528-114112.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	2159378  

post #2044 of 2048 Old 06-02-2017, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Fixed it.

Continued searching on the webz I found a way to performed a factory reset on the receiver and it is working again.
post #2045 of 2048 Old 08-14-2017, 07:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Does anyone still have their ears on in this thread? I have an RX A2020 and have recently found that it needs to be updated to firmware version 1.98. I found this out as the receiver was no longer being found via the Yamaha AV Controller app. I find it odd that my receiver does not tell me that the firmware needs an update. Any idea why that would be? It is connected to my network.

I tried to update it over the weekend by downloading the firmware to a USB drive but it did not work and of course I forget the error message that I received. Maybe I did not properly format the USB? Shouldn't I be able to download the latest firmware through my receiver? This would be the route that I would like to go , but I am not given the option to do so as my receiver is not telling me that the firmware is out of date.

The current firmware on the receiver is version 1.45.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

XBL: octavarium1/PSN:octavarium1970
post #2046 of 2048 Old 08-14-2017, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmorgan View Post
Does anyone still have their ears on in this thread? I have an RX A2020 and have recently found that it needs to be updated to firmware version 1.98. I found this out as the receiver was no longer being found via the Yamaha AV Controller app. I find it odd that my receiver does not tell me that the firmware needs an update. Any idea why that would be? It is connected to my network.

I tried to update it over the weekend by downloading the firmware to a USB drive but it did not work and of course I forget the error message that I received. Maybe I did not properly format the USB? Shouldn't I be able to download the latest firmware through my receiver? This would be the route that I would like to go , but I am not given the option to do so as my receiver is not telling me that the firmware is out of date.

The current firmware on the receiver is version 1.45.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Try this, on a network computer go to the avr IP address/setup, you need to add the /setup.
Then click on top menu, then click on the system +, then misc +, update +, and make sure
notice message is set to on. Then click the + on the Yamaha network site,where it says control hit start.
Hopefully it will start a download.
Old Mike

Vizio-d58u-d3, Yamaha-TSR-7810
Fronts-JBL-S38II, Center-Infinity Extra Center Two
Sides-Klipsch KB-15, In-Ceiling-Yamaha NSIC600WH
SUB-Bic-F12, Technics SL-D2 Turntable
post #2047 of 2048 Old 08-14-2017, 02:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by mf15 View Post
Try this, on a network computer go to the avr IP address/setup, you need to add the /setup.
Then click on top menu, then click on the system +, then misc +, update +, and make sure
notice message is set to on. Then click the + on the Yamaha network site,where it says control hit start.
Hopefully it will start a download.
Old Mike

Thank you sir! I will try and give it a shot this weekend.

XBL: octavarium1/PSN:octavarium1970
post #2048 of 2048 Old 09-10-2017, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Related to what I posted elsewhere, I'm posting in this thread hoping to find an owner of an RX-A1020 (or other Aventage) receiver who is set up to play movies through it, from a Mac with a Thunderbolt-->HDMI cable, using VLC or Quicktime player. Any chance someone here is set up this way, and can test something for me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers , Yamaha , Yamaha Rx A1020 7 2 Channel Network Aventage Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx A2020 9 2 Channel Network Aventage Av Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page