AVS Forum banner
379K views 2K replies 415 participants last post by  rakstr 
#1 ·
Yamaha has posted product pages for the newest lineup of their AVENTAGE line of A/V Receivers..

New to the line up are AirPlay, 4K Video pass through and up conversation, a refined YPAO (with new microphone design and features) and Zone B / Multi Zone HDMI (which allows you to send an independent from the main zone HDMI input to the Zone 2 HDMI output along with 2 channels of audio. RX-A3020 ONLY)

POST BEING UPDATED.

Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3020 Product Page

Availability September, 2012. MSRP: $2,199.95

Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A2020 Product Page

Availability August 2012, MSRP: $1699.95

Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1020 Product Page

Availability August 2012, MSRP: $1199.95

GENERAL PRODUCT FEATURES OF THE RX-A1020:

7.2 channel capable

7.2 Pre Outs

Designed to deliver the highest levels of audio performance

Powerful 7-channel surround sound, 110W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.06% THD, 2ch driven)

Anti-Resonance Technology (A.R.T.) Wedge helps to ensure that vibrations do not affect sound quality

Symmetrical power amp layout and rigid chassis with additional bottom frames

Network functions such as AirPlay and AV Controller App

4K pass-through and upscaling for next-generation high resolution images

HDMI (eight inputs - with one on front - and two out) with 3D and Audio Return Channel

HDMI Zone B for audio/video streaming to another room

YPAO R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control) sound optimization with multi-point measurement

Versatile Zone control such as Zone 2 on/off, Zone 2 video assign and Party Mode

Advanced multi-language GUI on-screen display with album art

Front panel USB digital connection for iPod, iPhone and iPad

ECO mode operation for about 20% less power consumption

Dialogue Lift and Dialogue Level Adjustment for natural dialogue and vocals

Newly designed preset remote

Aluminum front panel offers visual and aural benefits

HD Radio

HD Audio decoding with CINEMA DSP 3D (17 DSP programs)

33.3 lbs.

RX-A2020 UPGRADES:

3 Zones

9.2 channel capable

Powerful 9-channel surround sound, 140W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.06% THD, 2ch driven)

H-shape cross member frame and rigid bottom frame

High-resolution Music Enhancer further heightens musicality from the original content

HQV Vida high-class chipset “VHD1900” for HD/SD video

Front panel USB digital connection for iPod, iPhone and iPad

Versatile Zone control such as Zone 2/3 on/off, Zone 2/3 video assign and Party Mode

Intelligent Amp Assign (you can have 9.2 in the main zone.. when Zone 2 needs 2 channels, it "steals" them from the main zone (which becomes 7,2.)

Analog-to-analog video up conversion

• Video adjustment functionality

- Auto noise reduction (mosquito noise, block noise, temporal noise)

- Auto resolution enhancement (detail/edge enhancement)

- Auto contrast enhancement

- Video signal control (contrast, brightness, saturation)

- Six preset memories

• HD Audio decoding with CINEMA DSP 3D (23 DSP programs)

37.7 lbs.

RX-A3020 UPGRADES:

4 Zones

Assignable HDMI Zone Output which allows for a different HDMI input to be sent to the Zone HDMI Output (Video and 2 channels of audio only.)

11.2 Pre Outs

11.2 channel capable

YPAO With Reflected Sound Control and Angle Measurements

Unique to the A3020 is the ability to remap speaker positions using the built in DSP (they are vague at this point on this feature, and it only appears if you watch the A3020 Intro Video.)

Powerful 9-channel surround sound, 150W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.06% THD, 2ch driven)

Full LED backlight, learning and preset remote unit

• Variable video adjustment functionality

- Auto noise reduction (mosquito, block and temporal noise) with customization capability

- Auto resolution enhancement (detail and edge enhancement) with customization capability

40.1 lbs.

See less See more
#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjeep44  /t/1415108/the-official-yamaha-aventage-rx-a1020-rx-a2020-and-rx-a3020-thread#post_22125221

Does anyone know if the new receivers actually have less internet capable apps/features than the 2011 models because going by the specs it looks like some services were dropped. I would hate it if that were the case.

Yes they dropped Sirius, Pandora, etc. All Internet programs can be streamed via AirPlay.

CD

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARDIS2008  /t/1415108/the-official-yamaha-aventage-rx-a1020-rx-a2020-and-rx-a3020-thread#post_22128478

Any info on my questions?

You should post this in one of the owners threads..

The A3020 has a new feature and I'm sure the rest of YPAO is tweaked..

However since these models aren't out for 2-3 months I don't think this is the place for that question...

Also... It just becomes thread clutter to follow up after less than 24 hours and one post since your original question... It's not going to get lost in the shuffle.

#12 ·

Quote:
RX-A3020 UPGRADES:

4 Zones

Assignable HDMI Zone Output which allows for a different HDMI input to be sent to the Zone HDMI Output (Video and 2 channels of audio only.)

11.2 Pre Outs

11.2 channel capable

YPAO With Reflected Sound Control and Angle Measurements

Unique to the A3020 is the ability to remap speaker positions using the built in DSP (they are vague at this point on this feature, and it only appears if you watch the A3020 Intro Video.)

Powerful 9-channel surround sound, 150W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.06% THD, 2ch driven)

Full LED backlight, learning and preset remote unit

• Variable video adjustment functionality

- Auto noise reduction (mosquito, block and temporal noise) with customization capability

- Auto resolution enhancement (detail and edge enhancement) with customization capability

40.1 lbs.

I thought the 3010 was 11.2 as well...where is the upgrade?

seriously, I don't see what the 3020 gives me over a 3010 (other than 4k, which isnt really on the scene yet) and it costs $200 more

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich  /t/1415108/the-official-yamaha-aventage-rx-a1020-rx-a2020-and-rx-a3020-thread#post_22160834

I thought the 3010 was 11.2 as well...where is the upgrade?

seriously, I don't see what the 3020 gives me over a 3010 (other than 4k, which isnt really on the scene yet) and it costs $200 more

It is an upgrade over the 2020... Thought that was obvious from the way I laid the list out..

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deafwonder  /t/1415108/the-official-yamaha-aventage-rx-a1020-rx-a2020-and-rx-a3020-thread/0_50#post_22161337

If you already have an Airport Express what are the advantages of having AirPlay built into the new Yamaha Receivers 1020/2020/3020?

Thank you for keeping this forum going.

I have an airport express to use as wi-fi for my laptop and iphone.

Having Airplay on a receiver would allow me to play music from my laptop or iphone directly from their itunes libraries to the receiver.

I hope someone else replies, cause I'd like to know if this is the case.

#18 ·
"YPAO With Reflected Sound Control and Angle Measurements". What is so different to that compared to the 3010 which also has this?

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdryyz  /t/1415108/the-official-yamaha-aventage-rx-a1020-rx-a2020-and-rx-a3020-thread#post_22203750

I noticed the manuals for the new models are only available for the models that are "in stores" to purchase. Is this just a coincidence or done intentionally?
They usually don't make the manual available until a model is about to ship, probably because they might make minor changes to the firmware at the last minute.

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconxr6  /t/1415108/the-official-yamaha-aventage-rx-a1020-rx-a2020-and-rx-a3020-thread#post_22203948

"YPAO With Reflected Sound Control and Angle Measurements". What is so different to that compared to the 3010 which also has this?

It doesn't look like there are any significant improvements to YPAO over last year's models (the 3010 also had RSC and angle measurements). There could be minor tweaks, and the "Subwoofer Trim" feature is new (it seems to be an attempt to make the sub blend better with the main speakers near the crossover frequency). Overall, it's very similar to the 3010 (I'm ignoring the 4K video support because I don't think it's important right now).

Edit: now the manual is out I can see that "Subwoofer Trim" is nothing special. It's just a volume trim for the subwoofer that can be set (manually) per input, in case some audio sources have too much or too little bass.

#21 ·
Thanks. That's what I figured.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99  /t/1415108/the-official-yamaha-aventage-rx-a1020-rx-a2020-and-rx-a3020-thread#post_22204322

They usually don't make the manual available until a model is about to ship, probably because they might make minor changes to the firmware at the last minute.

#23 ·
At a german site (areadvd.de) I read a review on the previous model RX-A1010. It states the video upconversion of the receiver is 'average'. Since the RX-A1020 supports 4k, I am wondering if the video section of this new model is better than the previous model. Or should one go for the RX-A2020 model because that one uses the HQV processor?

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambam42  /t/1415108/the-official-yamaha-aventage-rx-a1020-rx-a2020-and-rx-a3020-thread#post_22243624

At a german site (areadvd.de) I read a review on the previous model RX-A1010. It states the video upconversion of the receiver is 'average'. Since the RX-A1020 supports 4k, I am wondering if the video section of this new model is better than the previous model. Or should one go for the RX-A2020 model because that one uses the HQV processor?

I would guess the 2020 and 3020 still have significantly better video processing than the 1020, but I don't think anyone can say for sure at this point.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99  /t/1415108/the-official-yamaha-aventage-rx-a1020-rx-a2020-and-rx-a3020-thread#post_22204322

Manual for 2020 and 3020 is up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.