I have a handshake problem when using my Canal Digital PVR (SAGEM HD PVR 101-ST) together with my Onkyo 515.
Everything works fine except:
- When I use fast-forward or rewind I lose the picture.
- Picture is also lost when entering some menu options.
Please see video for demonstration:
I had a 606 before and it worked fine using the same HDMI cables (the ones I have tried are all shorter than 2 meters).
I have tried:
- using the SUB out instead of MAIN, same problem.
- setting different output resolutions on the PVR (576p, 720p, 1080i), same problem.
- setting different outup resolutions on the 515 (Auto, 720p, 1080p, 1080p24), same problem.
- changed HDMI cable from a noname to Supra, same problem.
- changing the HDMI input port on the receiver, same problem.
- changing a lot of the HDMI settings, same problem.
- updating to latest firmware (400), same problem.
- factory reset, same problem.
I have seen forum posts of other onkyo users having the same problem with SAGEM PVRs. Here are the ones I found in a swedish forum using the same SAGEM PVR from Canal Digital:
Here is a post on the US forum using a similar PVR box:
I have been in contact with Onkyo support in Europe and I was impressed by their prompt replies. They also called me up once.
However, they said that nothing is wrong with the Onkyo. They are blaming different HDMI standards and blames the handshake problem on the standards and/or the Sagem box. When I told my Onkyo 606 works fine they again blamed new standards.
Their "solution" was to bypass the receiver and connect the PVR directly to the TV and only connection audio to the receiver. This setup works but then I loose the OSD which was one of the reasons I "upgraded".
Have anyone else experienced these problems and have you found a real solution?