The *Official* Onkyo TX-NR414/515/616 Problems Thread - Page 25 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

View Poll Results: Do you own an Onkyo TX-TR414/515/616 receiver that is displaying at least one of the following probl
Yes, I can't turn it on with the remote. 27 8.39%
Yes, the HDMI fails. 116 36.02%
Yes, I can't log into Spotify. 10 3.11%
Yes, I can't stream music from my phone. 15 4.66%
Yes, I have another problem not listed (explain below). 64 19.88%
No, I have one of these receivers and have not had a problem with it. 89 27.64%
Another answer not accounted for - explanation below. 11 3.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #721 of 726 Old 05-13-2016, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by redgum11 View Post
Well sent my 414 for repair yesterday. Never had an issue with my old Sharp LCD 1080i TV but with the new Samsung 1080p i started having issues with the pc input and PS4 would drop to black screen with sound only. Fingers crossed!
Its back! and now 1080 60p is working from both the PC and ps4. Thanks Onkyo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 726 Old 07-12-2016, 02:43 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by StixxUK View Post
Just got my NR515 back from repair, thought I'd update to the latest firmware so I can use Spotify Connect and guess what?

Not only can I not use Spotify Connect (the device just doesn't show up in the list) but I can't use Spotify at all as they've completely replaced the existing functionality.

Would be fine if it bloody worked, guys!
Totally agree. I paid for the Spotify Premium try-out period (3 months) and as it completely fails to work, I've stopped trying. My NR616 shows up in the devices list, but after that it's impossible to connect them. Don't understand why they don't solve it.
post #723 of 726 Old 08-15-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgarmendia View Post
Totally agree. I paid for the Spotify Premium try-out period (3 months) and as it completely fails to work, I've stopped trying. My NR616 shows up in the devices list, but after that it's impossible to connect them. Don't understand why they don't solve it.
Ok, looks like the key thing is the DNS. I had as DNS my router's IP (private) but instead you have to choose external DNS. Sometimes choosing DHCP will override your manual DNS and choose the right one (I mistakenly had my router's IP as DNS). Hope this helps.
post #724 of 726 Old 08-29-2016, 08:25 AM

Liked: 0
hi.

So my 414 just died after almost 3 years without problems the hdmi doesn't work, I can hear sound in level calibration, line in in the front or spotify via android app but it doesn't send any image or sound by hdmi in any port.

already did several resets, unplugged all the cables, tried with 6 different hdmi cables and nothing.

no warranty at this time and i assume that repairing this unit will cost more time and money than a new one. this time i think that i will go for a pioneer AV VSX-329-K.

its sad it almost feels like Planned obsolescence.

also my usb port died a few months ago so no firmware update for me
post #725 of 726 Old 09-15-2016, 11:48 PM

Mine was fixed at Easter. It's just started playing up and lost picture on one of the HDMI outputs.
I started a ticket before remembering to try a reset.

Reset sorted it out perfectly.
post #726 of 726 Old Today, 03:13 PM

Liked: 0
Disappointed with Onkyo

Hello

I bought NR515 from Amazon (Sold by Amazon inc) back in Dec of 2012 ,Audio and network went out in June of 2015 ,I called Onkyo and they sent me a box and repaired it for free . last week it audio went out again but this time network and everything else works just fine , no audio .
I called them a couple of times and they stated that it was already fixed once and a year have passed since repair ,they will not be able to fix it anymore ,I requested to speak with a supervisor ,he told me I'm pretty much on my own , even though this was a recall item.I even offered to pay for return shipping .

They offered me to trade it in and pay $270 for a refurbished NR545 with a year warranty ,I can buy the same refurbished model for $230 from a different seller with a year warranty.

I am not sure if this unit worth fixing it by a third party

Very disappointed with Onkyo ,I will never buy from them ever again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo , Onkyo Tx Nr414 , Onkyo Tx Nr515 , Onkyo Tx Nr616
Gear in this thread