MCACC v. Audyssey XT (pro/con of each) NO PRICE TALK - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 36 Old 06-17-2012, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Obviously the lack of subwoofer eq and global crossover is a minus for MCACC. Luckily for me, neither matter that much. More crossover choices than 50, 80, 100, etc. would be nice though. I also really like the 6 presets the remember eq and speaker volume settings. Pioneers Advanced MCACC also offers many adjustments and tweaks as well as other things like Dialog Enchancement and Optimal Surround which can be usefull. And you can set speaker sizes, etc before running the program if you would like rather than changing them afterwords.

Audyssey seems to improve the sound quality a bit better than MCACC to me and I guess newer versions also have several presets? I've had several Elites over the last few years, a couple of Marantz and an Integra or three. My brother has a Denon To me, Audyssey, with it's Dynamic EQ/Volume, are better for over-all sound quality but MCACC can have it's advantages. The only way to know for sure which is best for someone is to compare them side-by-side. I also find Pioneer, Onkyo and H/K receivers much easier to use then D/M but that's just me.

I've compared MCACC's Advanced (Elite 23vsx) to Audyssey MultEQ (Marantz 5005) using both multiple mic positions on Audyssey and a single position like MCACC. The EQ settings between the two were vastly different. Which one's correct? I don't know either.

The very best sound I've ever had was from an H/K 435. I ran EZSet/EQ several times (they don't always sound the same as they did before) until one time it sounded fantastic! Got a bit cocky and ran it again thinking it could do even better maybe? Nope. Never sounded that good again frown.gif . Oh well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 06-19-2012, 07:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Gene c353 –
I know the difference between doing the single position versus three was dramatic for the MCACC setup.
post #33 of 36 Old 06-20-2012, 04:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I have an older VSX-49TX Elite. Do the new ones still only have a single crossover frequency for large vs small speakers?
post #34 of 36 Old 06-20-2012, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post

I have an older VSX-49TX Elite. Do the new ones still only have a single crossover frequency for large vs small speakers?

yes

Steve
post #35 of 36 Old 06-27-2012, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
One adventage mcacc receivers seem to have is that you can easily store and choose presets (speaker levels an such)
I don' t think audyssey receivers have this ?
For me its important cause i use my home cinema also as full room audio system.
And depending on where i am in the room id like to choose a different preset.
(back channels should be alot louder when im in the couch cause there far from it)
post #36 of 36 Old 07-09-2012, 01:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 834
I just hooked up an a/b/c switch (between my mains amp and speakers) to compare some speakers with an Onkyo HTRC370 using Audyssey XT and for some reason thought I could set three different memories like I could with my Pioneer VSX919 so I could listen to each speaker at the same volume since they're of different sensitivities. This thread came up in a search and sounds like I'm out of luck and will have to move the comparo down to the bedroom so I can use MCACC...

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page