Marantz SR7005 red blinking light... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-16-2012, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
So, we just ordered and connected up an sr7005 to replace my sr5003 (which has been fantastic over the years btw) and i get the audyseey run, everything fine there. Well i had some errands to run so i wasnt able to give it a proper test until later.

I get home, turn on the projector, load up the htpc, everythings fine. I load up a .MKV just to test if the digital output is working, everything seems to be fine. Says dolby digital, sounds like all speakers are going. So i shut that down and loadup winamp to load a bass heavy song so i can set the subwoofer levels to my liking. Well it plays about half a second of sound, i hear a weird crackly noise for another half second and then the video and sound goes. I look at the receiver and its blinking red pretty quickly.

This setup is connected through a high quality Monster surge projector, all cables are banana plugged, nothing is touching as far as i can tell. I try some troubleshooting procedurs in the manual and it says the amp is toast.

Some research on the internet indicated it could be going into a protection mode.

Basically if i turn the receiver on via the button on the receiver front, the round display turns on, the blue ring lights up, and it stays on for about 4 seconds, then i hear a click and it turns back off and the light starts flashing red. If i click the power button once, the light stops flashing like its in normal standby. But if i click it again to turn it actually on, it does the stay on for 4 seconds then turn off bit.

Can anyone give me some insight or do i get to drive 60 miles to denver next week to have it serviced under warranty?

Klipsch RF-62 L/R, RC-62 C, Energy C-100 SL/SR, HSU VTF-15H, Marantz SR5003.

"All speakers sound good when you're on a coke binge in the middle of an orgy." - Heebdawg16
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-17-2012, 03:28 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1974 Post(s)
Liked: 1747
Disconnect all sources and speakers from the AVR. If it still shuts down, then yup ... yur taking a car ride. frown.gif

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 3 Old 06-17-2012, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Fun, ill hafta try that after work today.

As far as the service center, in your experience is that something they can generally fix on site or will they have to send it out and ill basicaly be up **** creek without a paddle fro 2-3 weeks?

Klipsch RF-62 L/R, RC-62 C, Energy C-100 SL/SR, HSU VTF-15H, Marantz SR5003.

"All speakers sound good when you're on a coke binge in the middle of an orgy." - Heebdawg16
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr7005 Audio Video Receiver Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page