onkyo nr 616 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 06-20-2012, 04:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i bought this about a month ago because of specs. but since than there is trouble.
At first it wont play my ps3 despite changing cables and problem persisting.
now today there is no video signal although that was working fine. cant fix it . the customer service is crap. an body with any solutions please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-20-2012, 05:30 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 724 Post(s)
Liked: 1404
Try setting the PS3 "Deep Color Output" to OFF.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 7 Old 06-20-2012, 11:21 AM

Liked: 11
Have you recently used the PS3 on a non-HD TV (1080P) and non-surround audio setup? If so, hold the power button down on the PS3 to redo the video and audio settings.
post #4 of 7 Old 06-20-2012, 11:36 AM

Liked: 12
The video out problem is known to Onkyo and they keep promising a fix for it, but none has come yet. I owned this receiver for three weeks before I returned it because of the bugs that they seem unable to correct. You will also find that unless you turn on Network Standby, you are unable to use the remote to turn the receiver on - or at least that was my (and several others on the Onkyo board's) experience!

To correct the HDMI (video out) problem, first try unplugging the receiver for a few minutes and plugging it back in. If this fails, then perform a Clear by switching the receiver on, hold the CBL/SAT button and press the power button. The word Clear should appear on the front screen if successful.

If you are keeping it, make sure you are networked and watch for updates. There's nothing that will fix it yet although a Firmware update that will make the box compatible with its new Bluetooth adapter was released last week.

There is no dark side of the moon really - as a matter of fact, it's all dark
post #5 of 7 Old 06-20-2012, 12:16 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guindalf View Post

You will also find that unless you turn on Network Standby, you are unable to use the remote to turn the receiver on - or at least that was my (and several others on the Onkyo board's) experience!

This is the same way it works on Denon/Marantz AVRs as well and actually makes sense, otherwise how else is the AVR going to receive WiFi commands if it's not actively connected to the WiFi router/modem?

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
post #6 of 7 Old 06-20-2012, 12:50 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

This is the same way it works on Denon/Marantz AVRs as well and actually makes sense, otherwise how else is the AVR going to receive WiFi commands if it's not actively connected to the WiFi router/modem?

This is true IF you want to use an app on your Apple/Android device or access it over the network. However, it does increase standby power consumption. It should be possible to switch the receiver on using the remote whether or not Network Standby in enabled. Switching it on from the front initializes the HDMI each time too!

There is no dark side of the moon really - as a matter of fact, it's all dark
post #7 of 7 Old 06-20-2012, 01:21 PM
585-645-1006

Sorry ... my bad ... misread your post, although you did say "remote" and not smart phone. Understood. That would be an issue, especially with the Onkyos if they haven't been able to reduce the Standby wattage from last year's models 60W, as for Denon/Marantz AVRs it's only 3W or less.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr616
Gear in this thread - Nr616 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page