TX-NR3010 / 5010 Info - Page 40 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #1171 of 1174 Old 01-24-2016, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Hope there are some owners left here to answer this....anyone has this receiver with a PC as source?
I noticed that using the MAIN monitor out, the receiver will NOT accept a 48Hz resolution only 60Hz. Even if I add the custom resolution in the Nvidia Control Panel and it shows as good, the display will still be showing 60Hz. No matter if I use direct.
Now if use the Monitor SUB output then it works fine and passes 4:4:4 Chroma test and all.

Thanks

Mario Lemieux is GOD!
Go Pens!!!
Aguante Boca!!!
If dolphins are so smart...why do they live in igloos?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 1174 Old 01-25-2016, 06:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gabriel Gerena View Post
Hope there are some owners left here to answer this....anyone has this receiver with a PC as source?
I noticed that using the MAIN monitor out, the receiver will NOT accept a 48Hz resolution only 60Hz. Even if I add the custom resolution in the Nvidia Control Panel and it shows as good, the display will still be showing 60Hz. No matter if I use direct.
Now if use the Monitor SUB output then it works fine and passes 4:4:4 Chroma test and all.

Thanks
My main viewing device is a linux based HTPC (running MythTV). My TV does not do 48Hz but it my system happily switches between refresh rates and resolutions depending on the device. This is with a TX-NR5010. In the Nvidia settings I can manually switch refresh rates as well.
post #1173 of 1174 Old 01-25-2016, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Dog View Post
My main viewing device is a linux based HTPC (running MythTV). My TV does not do 48Hz but it my system happily switches between refresh rates and resolutions depending on the device. This is with a TX-NR5010. In the Nvidia settings I can manually switch refresh rates as well.
What resolutions are you changing exactly on the HTPC with what refresh rate and are you using Monitor out MAIN?
Also, make sure the TV actually changes because the computer will say is one resolution but the display will still be doing 60Hz instead in my case. My 809 works fine this way but not my 3010.
I just connected to Monitor Sub instead which works fine but I miss the full OSD this way.

Thanks for replying!

Mario Lemieux is GOD!
Go Pens!!!
Aguante Boca!!!
If dolphins are so smart...why do they live in igloos?
post #1174 of 1174 Old 04-11-2016, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
How much do you think this receiver is worth today used? I purchased the 500 locally for $700. Do you think that's a fair price?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page