No audio out on denon avr 3803 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-24-2012, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey I'm in a pickle right now... I was trying to hook up an iPod through my denon and used the phono out this weekend, the sound wasn't that great so I unplugged it and just used my usual sound system...

Well now I have no audio output on through the receiver, I think it is probably a simple little problem, but I really don't have any ideas what could be wrong...

The video works for DVD and tv I didn't touch any of the cables in the back and it worked all before... Any help would be amazing!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-24-2012, 11:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Hi BubbaSnails, does the tuner product audio? Try cycling Input mode, Mute is off and Speaker set to A.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-25-2012, 12:08 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaSnails View Post

Hey I'm in a pickle right now... I was trying to hook up an iPod through my denon and used the phono out this weekend, the sound wasn't that great so I unplugged it and just used my usual sound system...
Well now I have no audio output on through the receiver, I think it is probably a simple little problem, but I really don't have any ideas what could be wrong...
The video works for DVD and tv I didn't touch any of the cables in the back and it worked all before... Any help would be amazing!!

Using the phono output??? You were trying to use an input (?) designed for a turntable??

Or were you using the headphone output of the IPOD to an analog audio input? If so, did you have the volume up to loud from the headphone output and damage the AVR-3803's input circuitry? Not sure what type of voltage that IPOD can output from the headphone output but excessive voltages can cause damage and why when using a headphone output, you must make sure to keep the volume turned down.

I have a AVR-3803 that I just retired to storage when I bought my AVR-2312ci. I have never had any trouble of any sort from my AVR-3803 since I bought it new.

Technically, you should not have had any problem running the headphone output to an analog audio input UNLESS you ran to high of a voltage from the volume being to loud on the headphone output.

The AVR-3803 does not have A or B main speakers, just A or B surround speakers so that would not be a problem.You could have the mute on, but there's so many indicators, you'd have to be blind not to know.

Are you sure that when you are selecting inputs and adjusting volume, you are not in zone 2?? That would appear to be a dead receiver because you are trying to listen to the main zone (zone 1) when adjusting for zone 2.

Other than that, I would have to think damage.

Good luck
post #4 of 4 Old 06-25-2012, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Oldschool metal... Thanks a bunch!!!! It got switched to zone 2 I never would have guessed that. So stoked, the parents come back tonight, and it lookslike I'm notgoing too get in trouble any more...

You rock!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 3803

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page