As much as I love the audio quality, it is time to retire my old HK AVR-7000. There are several reasons, but the main one is that I am experiencing lip-sync issues ever since upgrading to an LED TV (120Hz processing). I would like a receiver with a delay feature. I would also like to have the receiver act as the main HDMI switch, instead of having separate video and audio cables from each device. As a bonus, I will get lossless audio from my Blu Ray player.
I have been out of the game for a while, so I am not sure what additional features are out there that I should be looking for. Here are the ones I am interested in:
- 5.1 in the 100 watt per channel range - I only have speakers for a 5.1 system, and don't plan on getting new ones, so I don't really care about 7.1, 9.1, etc.
- Lip-sync/delay settings. I don't know if my TV (Sharp Aquos 60" LED, cheapest one they make) has auto-sync, so I would prefer something that I can configure manually per input
- 6 HDMI inputs would be nice
- Some kind of auto-setup using a mic (Audyssey, etc).
- Ipod and/or network streaming capabilities
- I would love a USB port specifically for wireless networking so that I don't have to go get a wireless bridge
Here is my setup:
1 output device, 60" LED TV
5.1 speakers, including powered sub
Blu Ray player outputting 1080p
Verizon Fios for TV
That's about it, so it really isn't very complicated. I have been considering the following models:
Pioneer Elite VSX-60
What does everyone think of the above models? I am open to other suggestions as well.