AVS Forum banner

ONKYO - What does the NR3009 give you over the NR818?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  joerod 
#1 ·
Ive read and read and now my head hurts. Ive been out of the AVR game for a while and it's time to upgrade. Right now I'm liking the ONKYO line the most as I want something with the most current up to date features, power, SQ and is as "future proof" as the budget allows.

I wanted to cap the budget at $1000, but I'm curious, what does the 3009 get me over the 818?

I see it's a few more watts, but weighs quiet a bit more and has a much higher amp rating for max current draw...more powerful then the specs lead you to believe?

What other features make it worth the $350 street price increase?

#2 ·
Same here i've been researching between the 3009 and 818. So far the only difference between them really is the 3009 has SubEQ feature for dual subs, 9 channels vs 7 channels (818 can go to 9 with external amp) more power although close enough that it really won't make a difference. If you only plan to run 7 channels and don't mind using a SPL meter to level dual subs then the 818 seems to be the way to go. Although I think with the new announcement today for the new higher end Onkyos there might be some deep discounts on the 3009 in the next few weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.