Denon 4311 or Emotiva UMC-1 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-28-2012, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Currently own and thoroughly enjoy the Denon 4311 in preamp mode (amplification Emotiva LPA-1 & UPA-1's for 9.2 setup). Been reading about the Emotiva's UMC-1 and was wondering if I should try it or if I would be wasting my time. I know I would lose the Audessey benefit and wides would be out with the UMC-1.

Anybody who has tried both would be especially welcomed to chime in, but any opinions would be welcomed. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-28-2012, 12:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCase7 View Post

Currently own and thoroughly enjoy the Denon 4311 in preamp mode (amplification Emotiva LPA-1 & UPA-1's for 9.2 setup). Been reading about the Emotiva's UMC-1 and was wondering if I should try it or if I would be wasting my time. I know I would lose the Audessey benefit and wides would be out with the UMC-1.
Anybody who has tried both would be especially welcomed to chime in, but any opinions would be welcomed. Thanks

I presently have the 4311 and had the UMC-1 in my system but I returned it. I would suggest the 4311 as Audyssey XT32 is an outstanding room correction system. Plus the 4311 has much more up to date feature set than that of the UMC-1. Or you could buy the UMC-1 from Emotiva as it is much cheaper option than the 4311. If the UMC-1 is not to your liking then you can sell it and keep the upgrade coupon which is good for 40% off the upcoming XMC-1 prepro.

I bought the UMC-1 recently just to get the upgrade card and sold the UMC-1. The third option is buy a used UMC-1 for about $350 which has a five year transferable warranty. Although most selling the UMC-1 used are not selling it with the upgrade card.

I just looked at your post again where you mention 9.2. The UMC-1 is only capable of 7.1 although you can have a many subs as you wish.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page